THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500 Points noob list.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TAB rasta
Slave
TAB rasta

1500 Points noob list. Empty
PostSubject: 1500 Points noob list.   1500 Points noob list. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02 2012, 20:39

Hi I'm still new to DE but this is what I have so far for a 1500 army list.

HQ
Archon (HB, GPA, SF and WWP)
Haemonculus (FG, Shattershard)

Elites
4 Incubi (1 Klaivex with demiklaives, Bloodstone and Onslaught)

Troops
10 Kabalite Warriors (Blaster, Splinter Cannon. 1 Sybarite with GPA and Agoniser)
9 Wyches (Haywire Grenades Hydra guantlets. 1 Hekatrix with Ag)

Fast Attack
5 Hellions (helliarch with Stunclaw)
5 Scourges (Haywire Blaster, Dark Lance. 1 Solarite with VB)
3 Reavers (Cluster Caltrops)

Transport
Raider (Chain snares, NS and FF)
Venom (Chain snare and NS)

Heavy Support
Cronos Parasite Engine (Spirit Probe, Spirit Vortex)
Razorwing Jetfighter (Shatterfield Missile, Splinter cannon, Night shield and FF)

The idea is the Archon rides with the Wyches in the raider and the Incubi with the Haemonculus in the venom. The warriors and CPE come through the wwp saving them having to travel too far and cover ect.

Thats pretty much what I own at the moment. So any advice of what to get to improve the 1500 list, what I should swap out ect.
I've played this list a couple of times and its good for pain tokens and anti tank, but I still feel like I'm struggling.

Bless.

Sybarite
Anggul

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Points noob list.   1500 Points noob list. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02 2012, 22:14

TAB rasta wrote:
Hi I'm still new to DE but this is what I have so far for a 1500 army list.

HQ
Archon (HB, GPA, SF and WWP)
No point in Ghostplate when you have a Shadow Field. If that Shadow Field drops you're as good as dead anyway.
Haemonculus (FG, Shattershard)

Elites
4 Incubi (1 Klaivex with demiklaives, Bloodstone and Onslaught)
Drop the bloodstone, it will probably just put the enemy out of charge range. The Klaivex in general is a bit of a points sink at such a low squad size, you're going to be aiming for slightly whittled down squads anyway.

Troops
10 Kabalite Warriors (Blaster, Splinter Cannon. 1 Sybarite with GPA and Agoniser)
I don't really think it's worth giving the Sybarite Ghostplate, with or without it he's going to die if he doesn't kill the enemy first, which he probably should. As for having a CC Sybarite in general, it can work and sometimes it's just a waste of points, it just depends on how you play them.
9 Wyches (Haywire Grenades Hydra guantlets. 1 Hekatrix with Ag)

Fast Attack
5 Hellions (helliarch with Stunclaw)
Hellions really start to work in squads of 10 or more, 5 will just be shot down with ease, wait until you have more before using them.
5 Scourges (Haywire Blaster, Dark Lance. 1 Solarite with VB)
Swap the DL for another Haywire Blaster, a heavy weapon wastes their movement ability. If you want a lance weapon for them, take blasters.
3 Reavers (Cluster Caltrops)

Transport
Raider (Chain snares, NS and FF)
Venom (Chain snare and NS)
Raiders don't need Flickerfields any more now that we can move slightly and get a 5+ jink save. Chain Snares are cool but sadly will probably never see use.

Heavy Support
Cronos Parasite Engine (Spirit Probe, Spirit Vortex)
Razorwing Jetfighter (Shatterfield Missile, Splinter cannon, Night shield and FF)
I wouldn't upgrade to a Splinter Cannon any more, you can only fire 4 weapons a turn and only two of these can be missiles, so you're going to be firing the Dark Lances/Disintegrators and two missiles, unless it's a heavy vehicle in which case the Cannon will be useless anyway.

My comments in red.

"Oh how awful, did he at least die painlessly? To shreds you say? Well, how's his Dracon holding up? To shreds you say? Very well then... Sad, sad, terrible gruesome news about my colleague Archon Mhu'bhutu." - 'The Feather', Dracon of the Bladed Lotus
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Points noob list.   1500 Points noob list. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02 2012, 22:26

I like the set-up you have here, wouldn't want to change the dynamic of it to much. Have you thought putting the Haemocules with the wyches to give them the pain token (Incubi have better armour so are more likley to survive a blast template for example) Also the archon with them would make a really hard hitting unit. The warrior squad should drop the sybarite and his wargear, I have never found them that useful personally!

If you are still struggling I would advise dropping the scourges and replacing them with another squad of wyches in a raider. They are better at taking out vehicles and infantry and are scoring units - Your list looks like it might struggle with holding an objective (correct me if i'm wrong btw Razz)

The Venom would be better off with an extra cannon instead of chain snares making it litterally twice as effective.

I also think that your Hellions and Reavers may be a bit vulnerable. In my experiance (never really used hellions much but run lots of reavers) I find that small groups of these get taken down very quickly so I would advise either going for a larger blob of hellions or reavers, save both for bigger games in my opinion!

I still think that the most important rule with playing DE and honestly think that if you always think of this rule when playing or making lists your opponant will struggle:
PLAY UNFAIR
Don't give your opponant a chance, if you can overwhelm a unit in close combat with multiple units do it. If he can't hit back you don't get hurt. If you casually place a raider blocking LoS into a combat that you have just entered do it to prevent your units being shot next turn. Things like that. In 6th I personally feel that assaulting 1 enemy unit with 2 or more of yours is much better as well as they can only fire overwatch/snapshots once per turn meaning that one of your units will easily get into assault without taking casualties. A great example of this was when I recently played a blood angels guy. His stuff hits hard and hits fast, but if i charge him with 2 squads of 10 wyches I might lose 2 or 3 to overwatch but then hit back with ~60 attacks that squad is not going to hurt me if they survive combat. So always play unfair, if your opponant goes off ranting and raving about how stupid Dark Eldar are, then you have done something right! Were a horrible army of twisted nastiness so use it!
Best of Luck and hope this is helpful!

A very slow, 30K Salamander Distraction Log: VULKAN LIVES
Back to top Go down
TAB rasta
Slave
TAB rasta

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Points noob list.   1500 Points noob list. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03 2012, 00:00

Thanks for the feedback! Really helpful!

Bless.

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Points noob list.   1500 Points noob list. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03 2012, 01:26

Try using a heat lance on those reavers instead of caltrops because they wont do as well bladevaning with so few of them however if you hit a vehicle within their melta range it is effectively screwed plus you can normally get out of the way of other nearby units with their assault move. Anggul is right about the hellions, they are just too easy to kill in small squads however as you increase their squad size they only get better, and if you add the Baron in he makes them troops along with giving a boatload of good buffs to the squad. Also if you are using a huskblade on your archon you might want to try using a soul trap with it as if you get that independent character kill it just becomes a downright dirty model especially against anything with multiple wounds or high toughness. It also is hilarious seeing a nid player's face when your archon singlehandedly kills off his three carnifexi before they get to attack

Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Points noob list.   1500 Points noob list. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03 2012, 05:21

My advice is to put the haemo with the wyches and the archon with the incubi but give him a PGL so they can strike at In when assaulting through cover. Also razorfs are better than the gauntlets with all drugs but reroll wound. Chain snairs only work in the movement phase sadly so no reason to have them untill they faq them to work during turboboost instead.
I also second everything stated by anggul. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Points noob list.   1500 Points noob list. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500 Points noob list.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: