THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar vs Ork Spirited Blood Angels 750 Elimination 5th Edition Rules

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
AgrealSlade
Hellion
AgrealSlade

Dark Eldar vs Ork Spirited Blood Angels 750 Elimination 5th Edition Rules Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar vs Ork Spirited Blood Angels 750 Elimination 5th Edition Rules   Dark Eldar vs Ork Spirited Blood Angels 750 Elimination 5th Edition Rules I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03 2012, 09:52

So, today I had an interesting game of Warhammer and I thought I would post it up. SOrry for no pics, don't know how to use the battle logger system.

My army list
Squad 1
Succubus - Venom Blade, Blast Pistol, Haywire Grenades
Wyches X 9 Haywire Grenades, Hydra Gauntlet, Hexatrix with Venom Blade
Raider - Envenomed Blades, Flicker shield, Night Shield

Squad 2
Kabalite Warriors X 5 - Shredder
Venom - Envenomed Blade, Splinter Cannon, Night Shield

Squad 3
Kabalite Warriors X 5 - Shredder
Venom - Envenomed Blade, Splinter Cannon, Night Shield

Squad 4
Talos Pain Engine - Close Combat Weapon, Stinger Pod, Ichor Injector

Squad 5
Cronos Parasite Engine - Spirit Vortex

Noteable changes and why
Normally, I like to play with a squad of reavers in my army because, if anyone watched firefly, I see my dark eldar as reavers and well same name team mascot type thing. However, this blood angel player I was going against was infamous for bring a whole death company as a unit and so I wouldn't be able to get my pain tokens, it has always been a bother before. So, I was looking through my codex to see if I could find anything that would help me out because of this and that was when I came across the Cronos Parasite Engine. I'm not a big fan of using to many big guy in a fight but when I read some interesting fine print, I knew I had to enlist him in my army. The wording that caught my eye was "For each model" when it came to making pain tokens. So, I found my answer to his one squad of terror issues. So, my reavers went away and in came the Parasite Engine. I also equipped him with a Spirit Vortex because I liked that fact that it so easily punched through the Armor Issue.

Game Plan

I would have my raider and two engines as far back as possible and my two venoms upfront because his blood angels would have to come at the closest unit. So, my plan was, as he moved at my venoms, I would get my monsters and raiders into a flank position so when he had to charge at the venom, I could grab pain tokens and light him up with no issues so when it came time to assault, I could take him down.

Terrain

I fixed my terrain problems and was able to get some pieces of terrain from an old game and was able to make a type of desert terrain with lots of tall pillars so it would be a straight line of fire match instead of shooting at bits sticking high up into the air.

Deployment

After he did his waagh battle cry thing, don't know why he does it, he placed his units in a part of the field where he would be bottle necked and have difficult moving. My deployment followed the plan I had, using cover to make it so he couldn't get a shoot off at me and yet move into range of my attacks.

Turn 0 - Initiative Steal
I failed to steal even though I had a fifty fifty of taking it. Haven't been able to go first in a single game.

Turn 0 - Combat Drugs
My succubus got an extra attack instead of +1 strength
My wyches and Hexatrix got Re-Roll failed to wounds over +1 Strength (I get this combo of choices most of the time)

Turn 1 - Blood Angels
He did his movement and found he was having issues as he had to move around pillars to get to me. When it came to shooting, he couldn't take a potshot at me so he just went to assault, moved his six inches, and passed the turn to me.

Turn 1 - Dark Eldar
With my trap already sprung I moved my monsters and vehicles out of cover and lined up for the shooting phase. My Pain Engine wasn't able to shoot because of a cover issue. So, I started firing with the parasite engine and did a direct hit with a blast template, landing close to 20 hits in the shot even though it moved some. I landed several wounds and when he went for his saves, he failed five wounds, putting one on lamartey and removing four models. With that, the Parasite Engine placed the pain tokens on my succubus and my hexatrix. I continued my shooting with the rest of my squads and only took down one model after saves. After that, I went to assault. I knew he would have to go after the closest thing to him so I moved my raider behind the Pain Engine and moved my pain engine close enough that next turn he would have to go after it. I then moved the two venoms and parasite away from the fight so they were out of range for the closest factor but then next turn could fire off at the enemy. At this point, my enemy said he saw how I was playing , trying to lure him into a fight with my Pain engine. That wasn't my plan. I wanted him to go after the raider because I knew he would tear up the Pain Engine and when he wasted his assault on the raider, My succubus and wyches would go in and assault him. I was calculating losing some wyches to the conflict but hey, loses happen. After that, I passed it to him.

Turn 2 - Blood Angels
He measured his closest enemy thing and I was right that he would have to go after my Pain Engine. So, he charged at it and opened fire. I was surprised by what happened. Out of the remaining troops he had and the lucky rolls I got, my pain engine stood with one wound left. He then went to assault it and killed it right off the bat. May have been a lot of points lost there but in my mind, it was an acceptable lose considering I got another round of shooting at him. He turned the turn over to me.

Turn 2 - Dark Eldar
Alright, what happened changed my plans up. Before movement, I disembarked my troops from the raider and got them ready for an assault. I moved my venoms and Parasite in close so I could rapid fire and take pot shots at him. I was able to take out 2 more models without the Parasite and then four more with a direct hit from the parasite which I put the pain tokens on one of my kabalite warrior squads. With that, I went into assault and sent my Succubus and Wyches into the fray. My succubus got in for six attacks, taking out a model. Lamartires got in and took out a couple of wyches. My wyches got a model. His death company then got a couple more wyches. I then passed the turn.

Turn 3 - Blood Angels
He went straight to assault. My succubus got another model, lamarties knocked a few more wyches out, got another model with the wyches, then his death company knocked me down to my succubus, a wych, and a hexatrix. He then passed the turn.

Turn 3 - Dark Eldar
I moved my guys so when the Succubus squad died he would then go after my raider. Before we got into assault, he had about a little under half his death company and lamarties alive when he told me he was giving up because he knew with what I was doing, I would take him out before he got a chance to assault me again.

Dark Eldar Victory Woot.

So, for the most part, my plan worked. And he now knows that I have a way around his single squad not giving me pain tokens issue so he may change his strategy. However, I hate the fact he won't write out a detailed list of his points still so I have no idea how many points he is spending. Honestly, I feel like with the craziness he has been pulling with his troops re rolling to hit and to wound and the crazy armor and fearless stuff and all that, in short, I am smelling a fish but at least if there is a fish, I know my legal combat list is kicking the fish's backside now.

If I had a buck for each time someone thought I said I was a whore writer instead of a horror writer, I'd have seven bucks!
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar vs Ork Spirited Blood Angels 750 Elimination 5th Edition Rules   Dark Eldar vs Ork Spirited Blood Angels 750 Elimination 5th Edition Rules I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03 2012, 15:03

Sounds like a good fight, and has made me want a parasite engine even more! However, there's a couple of things you got slightly wrong. One is that you make one roll for combat drugs, and that result is applied army wide. Secondly, the 50/50 chance to steal the initiative isn't the case - you still steal on a 6, unless you have Vect in your army, in which case it is a 50/50 chance. Night fighting is a 50/50 chance, perhaps you've confused the two? Anyway, well done on the win!

Hellion
AgrealSlade

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar vs Ork Spirited Blood Angels 750 Elimination 5th Edition Rules   Dark Eldar vs Ork Spirited Blood Angels 750 Elimination 5th Edition Rules I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03 2012, 20:45

Didn't know that about the combat drugs, it will make remembering them a whole lot easier. The player that I keep playing against has been telling me that if the initiative of my highest guy was higher then his highest guy, its a 4,5,6 to steal instead of just a 6. Yeah, the parasite engine does work against armies like this and makes it easier to get the pain tokens I needed. Thanks. hopefully I will get another shot at him to get another battle report recorded.

If I had a buck for each time someone thought I said I was a whore writer instead of a horror writer, I'd have seven bucks!
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar vs Ork Spirited Blood Angels 750 Elimination 5th Edition Rules   Dark Eldar vs Ork Spirited Blood Angels 750 Elimination 5th Edition Rules I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04 2012, 16:26

I might proxy my Talos as a Cronos and see how that works out... And I wish that initiative rule was true, we'd steal all the time!

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar vs Ork Spirited Blood Angels 750 Elimination 5th Edition Rules   Dark Eldar vs Ork Spirited Blood Angels 750 Elimination 5th Edition Rules I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04 2012, 16:52

AgrealSlade wrote:
The player that I keep playing against has been telling me that if the initiative of my highest guy was higher then his highest guy, its a 4,5,6 to steal instead of just a 6.

I can understand getting the rules wrong but that is just completely inventing a rule that does not exist and, to the best of my knowledge, never has.

Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar vs Ork Spirited Blood Angels 750 Elimination 5th Edition Rules   Dark Eldar vs Ork Spirited Blood Angels 750 Elimination 5th Edition Rules I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04 2012, 17:05

Count Adhemar wrote:
AgrealSlade wrote:
The player that I keep playing against has been telling me that if the initiative of my highest guy was higher then his highest guy, its a 4,5,6 to steal instead of just a 6.

I can understand getting the rules wrong but that is just completely inventing a rule that does not exist and, to the best of my knowledge, never has.

It might be from the leaked pancake edition?

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
somerandomdude
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar vs Ork Spirited Blood Angels 750 Elimination 5th Edition Rules   Dark Eldar vs Ork Spirited Blood Angels 750 Elimination 5th Edition Rules I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04 2012, 18:16

Also, why were there 6 inch moves in the first assault phase, when no assault was taking place?

Even with the rules errors, though, it is still great to see that your plan worked like you had hoped!
Back to top Go down
AgrealSlade
Hellion
AgrealSlade

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar vs Ork Spirited Blood Angels 750 Elimination 5th Edition Rules   Dark Eldar vs Ork Spirited Blood Angels 750 Elimination 5th Edition Rules I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04 2012, 21:27

Wait, there isn't suppose to be six inches movement in the assault phase unless it's to assault?

Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar vs Ork Spirited Blood Angels 750 Elimination 5th Edition Rules   Dark Eldar vs Ork Spirited Blood Angels 750 Elimination 5th Edition Rules I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04 2012, 21:37

AgrealSlade wrote:
Wait, there isn't suppose to be six inches movement in the assault phase unless it's to assault?

Yes there isn't,

Tau Jetpacks (crisis and stealth) and eldar jetbikes get to move 2d6" in the assault phase instead of assaulting in 6th. They used to be able to move 6" in 5th edition. You might have picked this up in your game against tau. Otherwise units can't move in the assault phase unless it's to assault.

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
AgrealSlade
Hellion
AgrealSlade

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar vs Ork Spirited Blood Angels 750 Elimination 5th Edition Rules   Dark Eldar vs Ork Spirited Blood Angels 750 Elimination 5th Edition Rules I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04 2012, 21:39

Son of a hopped up monkey butt, this is why I need to get my own rule book instead of depending on them telling me things because they won't let me look at their book. Thanks, now this is going to change things

Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar vs Ork Spirited Blood Angels 750 Elimination 5th Edition Rules   Dark Eldar vs Ork Spirited Blood Angels 750 Elimination 5th Edition Rules I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05 2012, 10:25

AgrealSlade wrote:
Son of a hopped up monkey butt, this is why I need to get my own rule book instead of depending on them telling me things because they won't let me look at their book. Thanks, now this is going to change things

A friend who I used to play all the time used to do this. He'd roll his eyes whenever I asked to look at the book in a "You're wasting so much time" kind of a way. Not much fun!

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar vs Ork Spirited Blood Angels 750 Elimination 5th Edition Rules   Dark Eldar vs Ork Spirited Blood Angels 750 Elimination 5th Edition Rules I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar vs Ork Spirited Blood Angels 750 Elimination 5th Edition Rules
Page 1 of 1