THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Fleet of the Bleeding Klaw

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Grendel007
Hellion

Fleet of the Bleeding Klaw Empty
PostSubject: Fleet of the Bleeding Klaw   Fleet of the Bleeding Klaw I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03 2012, 20:09

Starting the project log for some of the mini's.

2/3rds of the army are old school DE, since that was the army I started 40k with, and had collected over time.

Most of the old warriors I use for kabalites still, though I've been getting the new models to use as trueborn.
The older models I've been slowly attempting to repaint, since my kabal's colors changed from black and silver to an overall blue-ish purple with some bronze and red gloves. I'm monochromatically colorblind, so mostly have to go by the names of the paints.

Some models are converted heavily or scratchbuilt, due to lack of funds and a general annoyance with GW's pricing, my grotesques, and wIP talos are mostly greenstuff and bits., new models are a squad of trueborn, a raider (my old one's in peices from an ill advised conversion), a squad of scourges, and a llhamean I somehow got sent with my scourges, despite never ordering.
old are the 20+ old warriors, a squad of wytches, 3 reavers (I actually like the older ones better and looking for more in that style) a small squad of incubi, the Archon, and Haemonculi, conversions are or will be, wracks, grotesques, beasts, a new version of the archon, a talos, medusean, urghuul, and sslyth.
Future additions will be more raiders, venoms, a squad of the new wytches, more reavers, a chronos , more wracks, and some day, a razorwing

I have done some more work on washes, and will work on better quality pics from the warseer ones, hopefully they end up a little better received., newer pics will be up soon

Last edited by Grendel007 on Mon Sep 03 2012, 21:12; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: Fleet of the Bleeding Klaw   Fleet of the Bleeding Klaw I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03 2012, 20:24

looking forward to pics! Honestly, i dont really like the old models, but that is just my need for more detail - and i've seen enough of them in soulstorm Razz Very Happy

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/enfer.nux?ref=tn_tnmn
Grendel007
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Fleet of the Bleeding Klaw   Fleet of the Bleeding Klaw I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03 2012, 22:02

Ok, pics,
a kabalite, and a trueborn, mostly showing the differences in minis. I use the old warriors as kabalites, since the armor is less detailed, the nicer, highly detailed armor goes to the trueborn. Aome of the old school warriors did get head and weapon swaps off the new sprue though.
Fleet of the Bleeding Klaw DSCN5340

Next is a grotesque, this was based off the idea of a flayed space marine, punped full of steroids. You can see terminator legs under the flaps of hide.
Fleet of the Bleeding Klaw DSCN5341

Fleet of the Bleeding Klaw DSCN5342

Fleet of the Bleeding Klaw DSCN5343

the court of Archon Danu:

Fleet of the Bleeding Klaw DSCN5334

Back to top Go down
Grendel007
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Fleet of the Bleeding Klaw   Fleet of the Bleeding Klaw I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03 2012, 22:09

The Sslyth mercenaries in her court, I converted them before the finecast ones came out, the bases might need to be adjusted, I'm not sure what base size the finecasts come in, one is the torso of the old-school Vect, with a GS faceplate added:

Fleet of the Bleeding Klaw DSCN5333

Medusaen, wanted something more like another scratchbuild I saw, this was an old school mandrake, with a GS parasite added and weapons ditched, I might add chain like the finecast model:

Fleet of the Bleeding Klaw DSCN5329

Fleet of the Bleeding Klaw DSCN5331

Fleet of the Bleeding Klaw DSCN5332

the Llhamean, I have no idea why it was sent with my scourges, as I never ordered, and was not billed for her, but I painted her up anyway:

Fleet of the Bleeding Klaw DSCN5328

speaking of the scourges, here's one of them, I was going to take a pic of the whole squad, but then a wing broke off the solarite.

Fleet of the Bleeding Klaw DSCN5321

i'm also realizing, some of these are blurry, I'll retake the pucs soon as I can get access to a tripod

Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: Fleet of the Bleeding Klaw   Fleet of the Bleeding Klaw I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03 2012, 22:16

love the scourge wings, they look awesome!

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/enfer.nux?ref=tn_tnmn
Grendel007
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Fleet of the Bleeding Klaw   Fleet of the Bleeding Klaw I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05 2012, 00:51

Better pic of the Llhamean:

Fleet of the Bleeding Klaw D94892ad

I think I need to do something to add depth to the face

and old version of Archon Danu:

Fleet of the Bleeding Klaw C53c7ea7

Fleet of the Bleeding Klaw A40bf7db

she had a splinter pistol, with a power weapon, and trophy rack. I wanted one that looked more like she was running eventually though, and couldn't figure out how to do that with the old metal one, so tried making another version from one of the raider crew, she has a huskblade, blaster, and a new trophy rack that needs more trophies, unfortunatly, her forward leg, the one attached to the base, is very flimsy, so might have to redo :

Fleet of the Bleeding Klaw 8d2c5dc8

Fleet of the Bleeding Klaw 3417c073

Fleet of the Bleeding Klaw 177ed0e7

Back to top Go down
Grendel007
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Fleet of the Bleeding Klaw   Fleet of the Bleeding Klaw I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05 2012, 01:19

I think I need to do something with Danu2 to make her stand out as THE archon of the fleet, but am not sure what, maybe bigger shoulderpads or something
Back to top Go down
Blind_Baku
Kabalite Warrior
Blind_Baku

PostSubject: Re: Fleet of the Bleeding Klaw   Fleet of the Bleeding Klaw I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05 2012, 14:02

Maybe some free hand 'etching' on her armor? My preference is for simpler and less bulky models so I think she looks great. I love the pose, very well done.

What is the scrub on the base btw? Looks awesome
Back to top Go down
Grendel007
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Fleet of the Bleeding Klaw   Fleet of the Bleeding Klaw I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05 2012, 19:26

it's this hobbycraft ivy stuff my LGS had, I'm trying to make the bases look like cracked overgrown ruins, so a couple of them will have the ivy growing on them. it's hard to see in the pictures, but it even has individual leaves
Back to top Go down
Grendel007
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Fleet of the Bleeding Klaw   Fleet of the Bleeding Klaw I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06 2012, 02:35

Enfernux wrote:
looking forward to pics! Honestly, i dont really like the old models, but that is just my need for more detail - and i've seen enough of them in soulstorm Razz Very Happy

yeah, I have to say I do like the newer warriors better, but have had 2 squads since 3rd and really not one to toss a chunk of my army to essentially rebuild it, if I already got the minis, why not use them? lol

Back to top Go down
Grendel007
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Fleet of the Bleeding Klaw   Fleet of the Bleeding Klaw I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09 2012, 23:22

not much new, as I'm organizing stuff for a move to a new apartment by the end of the month. lack of decent work space has gotten to me and it''s time for a move, I'll post pics of the progress on my custom talos shortly though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fleet of the Bleeding Klaw   Fleet of the Bleeding Klaw I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fleet of the Bleeding Klaw
Page 1 of 1