THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Is this unit legal....and scoring....?

Go down 
+3
Massaen
Evil Space Elves
1++
7 posters
AuthorMessage
1++
Hekatrix

Is this unit legal....and scoring....? Empty
PostSubject: Is this unit legal....and scoring....?   Is this unit legal....and scoring....? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05 2012, 03:27

Archon
w/ Court of 1 Lhamaean, 1 Medusae, 1 Ur-Ghul, 3 Sslyth
3 Wracks
in Raider

Kill off 1 T3 model to become T5.

Assuming you have a Haemie in the army, to make the Wracks scoring;
Do the CotA units prevent scoring?
Can a unit join an IC and his retinue?
Is CotA a retinue?

(is a pity the Lhamaean ability doesn't extend to the whole squad ie: Wracks)

Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Is this unit legal....and scoring....?   Is this unit legal....and scoring....? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05 2012, 03:32

IC can join a unit, but a IC and their retinue form a unit, and therefore cannot join another unit(The wracks)
I don't believe that the Court counts as a retinue, but is a unit that can be deployed without the Archon.(Screwy, I know)

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Is this unit legal....and scoring....?   Is this unit legal....and scoring....? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05 2012, 08:48

Yup, your IC can only join either the court or the wracks... Not both.

The court are NOT a retinue either

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Is this unit legal....and scoring....?   Is this unit legal....and scoring....? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05 2012, 09:34

Gutted, no way of getting T5 scoring unit then Sad

Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: Is this unit legal....and scoring....?   Is this unit legal....and scoring....? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05 2012, 09:40

allies: wraithguard of 10 with spiritseer, t6 troops

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/enfer.nux?ref=tn_tnmn
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Is this unit legal....and scoring....?   Is this unit legal....and scoring....? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05 2012, 09:46

Enfernux wrote:
allies: wraithguard of 10 with spiritseer, t6 troops

Wraithguard are elites aren't they? Unless there's a special character or something that makes the Troops?

Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: Is this unit legal....and scoring....?   Is this unit legal....and scoring....? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05 2012, 09:47

they are elites, unless you field them as 10 wg and a warlock upgraded to a spiritseer, then they can count as troops

Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: Is this unit legal....and scoring....?   Is this unit legal....and scoring....? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05 2012, 10:18

A friend was talking about the viability of using allied Wraithguard. I'd love to do it myself, but when I told him they come close to 400 points to take as a scoring unit we sort of knocked it on the head! I might still do it, especially if the plastic Wraithguard rumour turns out to be true (I can't see it being, but you never know). They'd be so handy to have on an objective...

Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: Is this unit legal....and scoring....?   Is this unit legal....and scoring....? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05 2012, 10:38

the best thing about them is that without high s weapons, they are a tough nut to crack, and there are 10 of them. Get a FS in there with fortune and a conceal lock and you can do wonders with that squad ^^

Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Is this unit legal....and scoring....?   Is this unit legal....and scoring....? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05 2012, 10:39

You definately pay through the nose for them, and I wonder with a fair bit of "Ignore Cover" abilities available to enemies how good are they really?

Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: Is this unit legal....and scoring....?   Is this unit legal....and scoring....? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05 2012, 10:52

usually what ignores cover has a bad ap, or if not, it is very expensive and can only target a few models. Losing 1-2 a turn isnt that bad, trust me Wink if you are not convinced, check out eldar corsair and way of the saim hann channels on youtube Wink

Back to top Go down
xzandrate
Kabalite Warrior
xzandrate

PostSubject: Re: Is this unit legal....and scoring....?   Is this unit legal....and scoring....? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05 2012, 14:27

My girlfriend ran a Wraith list at the last Ard Boyz they did, it was a theme and for kicks and giggles. The BA player she just faced sort of told off someone trying to give her 'advise', he had just spent the whole game shooting her, and killed all of 6 models, when his land raider of termies rolled up, one wraithguard squad vaporized the land raider, the other 2 vapororized the Termies inside.

They are so hard to deal with because you really need to try and torrent them down, but once you get close you are totally in their territory, those ap2 wound on 2+ weapons just mess stuff up. In a similar vein though, I've been looking at those D-cannon support batteries, just loving how barrage can snipe that back line where the special stuff is hiding now.
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: Is this unit legal....and scoring....?   Is this unit legal....and scoring....? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05 2012, 14:58

you do know that eapons mounted on eldar weapon platforms count as assault now do you? Smile

Back to top Go down
xzandrate
Kabalite Warrior
xzandrate

PostSubject: Re: Is this unit legal....and scoring....?   Is this unit legal....and scoring....? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05 2012, 19:54

Those are the guardian platforms, correct?

I'm thinking of the Support Weapon platforms from the heavy slot, the D-Cannon, Vibro Cannon type, they are still heavy are they not?
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: Is this unit legal....and scoring....?   Is this unit legal....and scoring....? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05 2012, 20:11

well...
Quote :
a heavy weapon mounted on a weapon platform counts as an assault weapon in all respects
Quote :
support weapon special rules: support weapons are artilery

Back to top Go down
xzandrate
Kabalite Warrior
xzandrate

PostSubject: Re: Is this unit legal....and scoring....?   Is this unit legal....and scoring....? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05 2012, 23:57

Ya, I wasn't sure if the ability to move and shoot was added in the artillery changes.

The plus side to the new artillery, especially in the wraithguard list, is the guns are T7 2W 3+ save instead of the AV 10 or 11 that they were. Since each gun comes with 2 guardians, and you only need 1 to shoot, you copuld put 3 out front to take wounds, but since they are barrage and won't need los, they should be able to avoid most shots. Now if I could somehow get a biomancy psyker to give them relentless.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this unit legal....and scoring....?   Is this unit legal....and scoring....? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is this unit legal....and scoring....?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: