THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Do your transport passengers stay at home?

Go down 
+12
Gobsmakked
Foo
Master Bryss
Baron Tordeck
Urien Rakarth
Keravin
Sky Serpent
Radium
Hydra
Local_Ork
Saintspirit
Xelkireth
16 posters

Do your passengers stay at home?
Yes.
Do your transport passengers stay at home? Voteba1368%Do your transport passengers stay at home? Voteba15
 68% [ 19 ]
No.
Do your transport passengers stay at home? Voteba1321%Do your transport passengers stay at home? Voteba15
 21% [ 6 ]
Other.
Do your transport passengers stay at home? Voteba1311%Do your transport passengers stay at home? Voteba15
 11% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 28

AuthorMessage
Xelkireth
In Exile

Do your transport passengers stay at home? Empty
PostSubject: Do your transport passengers stay at home?   Do your transport passengers stay at home? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 10:34

I've been building passengers today for my venoms and raiders and I'm getting fed up with them. They're very static, hard to reposition and all in all, look very fragile hanging off the sides of the vehicles.

So how about it? Do you leave your guys on board or at home?
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Do your transport passengers stay at home?   Do your transport passengers stay at home? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 10:48

I won't be putting them on the raiders as that would make it far to hard to paint, instead I will see them as bonus kabalites which just happens to come with the box.

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Do your transport passengers stay at home?   Do your transport passengers stay at home? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 10:53

You may have up to 3-5 bonus Warriors and 2-3 bonus Wyches if You can live without gunners/Raider driver.
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Do your transport passengers stay at home?   Do your transport passengers stay at home? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 10:57

I was gonna model the gunners, but I mean the actual passengers.
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Do your transport passengers stay at home?   Do your transport passengers stay at home? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 11:04

IMHO they should work out nice, especially wyches
Back to top Go down
Hydra
Kabalite Warrior
Hydra

PostSubject: Re: Do your transport passengers stay at home?   Do your transport passengers stay at home? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 11:25

I left them off the raiders for several reasons:
1. I am to lazy to paint them to gain a finished raider
2. I want to use them as bonus warriors with dynamic poses (hanging down from terrain ect.)
3. I find that they somewhat destroy the sillouet of the crafts. Without passangers the optic appeals more to me.

Hive Fleet Hydra

Kabal of the Poisoned Fang
Back to top Go down
http://h-archive.blogspot.de/
Radium
Kabalite Warrior
Radium

PostSubject: Re: Do your transport passengers stay at home?   Do your transport passengers stay at home? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 11:49

What Hydra said. I think the raiders look best without the silly hanger-ons, and I just put a guy in the raider during the game to denote which squad is where.

My Archon's latest trapped soul: Kairos Fateweaver
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Do your transport passengers stay at home?   Do your transport passengers stay at home? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 12:30

Hate the hangers on. Was a cool idea, just too much clutter for me.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Do your transport passengers stay at home?   Do your transport passengers stay at home? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 12:34

I'm find myself agreeing with Serpent and Radium. It sounds cool in theory, but it's really making the model look cluttered.
Back to top Go down
Keravin
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Do your transport passengers stay at home?   Do your transport passengers stay at home? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 12:45

I'm going to leave them off most, but I might add some to an old raider to spruce it up a bit. Converted my first batch to make Scourges.
Back to top Go down
Urien Rakarth
Kabalite Warrior
Urien Rakarth

PostSubject: Re: Do your transport passengers stay at home?   Do your transport passengers stay at home? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 12:57

I have built my transports but not the passengers yet. What I am planning on doing is building them, painting them and then using them only when stuff is embarked. So the Wyches from the Venom kit will hang on a Raider when they have Wyches in them and the Kabalites will be hanging from the Raider that has my Warriors in them. No way in hell I am converting an Incubus for the Venom though.
Back to top Go down
http://6inchmove.wordpress.com
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: Do your transport passengers stay at home?   Do your transport passengers stay at home? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 17:53

I think they clutter the ride and are better suited for converting more squad members for their respective unit types. I didn't even put the gunner on my Raiders, just the driver ( I figure that their tech is high enough that they don't really need two people to drive a small craft like that), And the driver will be used to show what type of unit is in the transport.

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
Master Bryss
Slave
Master Bryss

PostSubject: Re: Do your transport passengers stay at home?   Do your transport passengers stay at home? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 18:06

I prefer the minimalist look and don't use the passengers, the spikes or the long trophy poles. So far I have converted one extra Kabalite to hang off some wall, plan to use one as a car dangler and another as another Warrior.

Kabalite Warrior
Foo

PostSubject: Re: Do your transport passengers stay at home?   Do your transport passengers stay at home? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 18:50

I'm using the hangers-on to make Trueborn:
Do your transport passengers stay at home? Trueborn01
Do your transport passengers stay at home? Trueborn04
Do your transport passengers stay at home? Trueborn03
Do your transport passengers stay at home? Trueborn02

I'm gonna keep one (the one with the chain belt) to use as a token when a squad is embarked on my transport, but that's it.

I did glue on the pilot and gunners, though. I think it's better with them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do your transport passengers stay at home?   Do your transport passengers stay at home? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08 2011, 16:11

It seems that I'm the only one who will be keeping my passengers/”hangers-on” onboard… perhaps not all of them but certainly a few. My line of thought is the same as Urien Rakarth’s, using the hangers on as indicators of whether the transport is occupied or not. (So not glued to the transport)

I think they look great, and as one of my favourite pieces of art in the codex is the warrior, jumping of a raider into the imperial guard, I’d like to implement that in my raiders.

Back to top Go down
Foo
Kabalite Warrior
Foo

PostSubject: Re: Do your transport passengers stay at home?   Do your transport passengers stay at home? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08 2011, 18:01

I'm pretty sure Jes Goodwin stated that the hangers-on were made to be markers for an occupied transport. I just don't think I need three!
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Do your transport passengers stay at home?   Do your transport passengers stay at home? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08 2011, 18:06

No, you are not alone in the depths of space Ariensis! I also think they are great, they look great and they really add to the overall look and feel of the vehicle models, much more dynamic. There is great conversion and character-building potential with them.

I include them on all my vehicles. Not only that, I glue them on permanently. I also have a mixture of Warriors and Wyches for my Raiders and Venoms, because my Raiders will not just be transporting Warriors, etc.

I do keep some of the 'hangers-on' models to use in other squads for variety, but then I make new hangers-on from regular Warriors and Wyches so that all my hangers-on don't look the same.

As for markers on occupied vehicles, I just place one of the squad members being transported on the vehicle or on the tabletop next to it.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

PostSubject: Re: Do your transport passengers stay at home?   Do your transport passengers stay at home? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08 2011, 18:44

I keep the gunners and drivers but leave the hangers on off.

Back to top Go down
http://irollboxcars.blogspot.com/
Nomic
Wych
Nomic

PostSubject: Re: Do your transport passengers stay at home?   Do your transport passengers stay at home? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09 2011, 12:41

I didn't gle the hanger-ons to the Raiders. I'll probably paint them eventually and use them to mark occupied transports, but they're not exactly my top priority. I'll only paint them once I'm finished with all my unpainted models and my objective markers.

Ajax
Slave
Ajax

PostSubject: Re: Do your transport passengers stay at home?   Do your transport passengers stay at home? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10 2011, 01:07

I was planning on magnitizing my hang-on passangers mainly because i like them on the models and also i will have the option to switch between the wych and warrior passengers.
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: Do your transport passengers stay at home?   Do your transport passengers stay at home? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10 2011, 16:20

mine get cut up and modified into warriors or wyches. I think they look cool on the model, but the reality is they are a pain once they are on the model.

And then add in the inevitable idoit who declares he is in range because he can reach a riders spear tip....

Do your transport passengers stay at home? Youdaamrg
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do your transport passengers stay at home?   Do your transport passengers stay at home? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do your transport passengers stay at home?
Page 1 of 1