THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 Space Wolves vs Dark Eldar

Go down 
4 posters

Who Will Win
Dark Eldar
1850 Space Wolves vs Dark Eldar Voteba1356%1850 Space Wolves vs Dark Eldar Voteba15
 56% [ 5 ]
Space Wolves
1850 Space Wolves vs Dark Eldar Voteba1344%1850 Space Wolves vs Dark Eldar Voteba15
 44% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Drager
Hellion

1850 Space Wolves vs Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: 1850 Space Wolves vs Dark Eldar   1850 Space Wolves vs Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14 2012, 18:54

I will be posting this bat rep over the next few days, one turn at a time. I am interested to see how peoples opinions on which side will win shift throughout, so I'm not going to tell you the outcome now. This game was against my regular opponent against whom I practice for tournaments (a good player in other words).

The Lists

Space Wolves

Rune Priest, Rune Armour, Prescience

5 Grey Hunters, Wolfguard, Combi-Flamer, Flamer, Lasback
5 Grey Hunters, Wolfguard, Combi-Melta, Melta, Lasback
5 Grey Hunters, Wolfguard, Combi-Melta, Melta, Lasback

Twin Autocannon Venerable Dreadnought
Twin Autocannon Venerable Dreadnought

Landspeeder, Multi Melta, Heavy Flamer
Landspeeder, Multi Melta, Heavy Flamer
3x Landspeer, Typhoon Missile Launcher, Heavy Bolter

6 Long Fangs, 5 Missile Launchers
6 Long Fangs, 3 Missile Launchers, 2 Lascannon
6 Long Fangs, 3 Missile Launchers, 2 Lascannon

Dark Eldar

Haemonculus
Farseer, Runes of Warding, Prescience, Singing Spear

3 Trueborn, 2 Dark Lances
3 Trueborn, 2 Dark Lances
5 Trueborn, 2 Splinter Cannon, 3 Blasters
5 Pathfinders
5 Pathfinders

5 Wracks, Liquifier Gun, Venom, 2 Splinter Cannon
3 Wracks, Venom, 2 Splinter Cannon

Voidraven, Flickerfield, 2 Shatterfield Missiles
Voidraven, Flickerfield, 2 Shatterfield Missiles
Ravager, 3 Dark Lances
3 War Walkers, 6 Scatter Lasers

Pregame Rolls

Space Wolves won the roll to go first
Both Psykers took Prescience
Dark Eldar Warlord Trait: Reroll Reserves
Space Wolf Warlord Trait: Counter Attack

Deployment

Deployment was Vanguard Strike

Terrain is all treated as ruins, save for the forest (which is green) and the lava lake (which is orange). Boxes with purple outlines are terrain.

The Space Wolves set up with all their Long Fangs dug in in various ruins, their Rune Priest hidden out of sight, but able to buff the Long Fangs and all their Grey Hunters inside Lasbacks. The Landspeeders deployed in cover, as did one of the Dreadnoughts. They were also in easy reach of all the best Venom hiding spots.

The Dark Eldar deployed with Lanceborn similarly entrenched and Venoms hiding behind every building, the Ravager was deployed at the back of the board to avoid Long Fang fire on the first turn. Wracks and Trueborn were mounted aboard all the Venoms, except the one being used to screen the Ravager. A smsall squad of 3 Wracks, the Haemonculus and both Razorwing were kept in reserve.

1850 Space Wolves vs Dark Eldar Deployment
1850 Space Wolves vs Dark Eldar Scaled.php?server=33&filename=spacewolfkey
1850 Space Wolves vs Dark Eldar Darkeldarkey

Last edited by Drager on Fri Sep 14 2012, 21:48; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Space Wolves vs Dark Eldar   1850 Space Wolves vs Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14 2012, 21:25

Love the idea!

It's great to see so many colourful battle reports springing up on The Dark City, the Realspace Raid section is really turning into an active Bazaar of tactics in practice. Not to mention each reporter seems to add their own unique twist to how they do things. I really like the idea of posting a turn by turn and getting us to try and work out who will win (love the vivid colours too). Great job!

Lists
The DE list looks a lot more solid then the SW list (apart from the DE list not having eldar troops: pathfinders I assume from the legend Wink). Venerable dreads are not great, only 3 minimal squads of grey hunters, overspending on the long fangs. I don't see anything that can reliably get linebreaker, but a 2+ save on the rune priest at least means he has some survivability and won't give away warlord points too easily. As for the DE list the cheap haemonculus looks like easy warlord points, and it looks like the army can give away first blood easily too. Otherwise the DE list seems solid.

Pre-Game Rolls & Deployment
SW will probably get first blood depending on how well things are hidden. But DE have a great warlord power considering how much they have in reserve (it will help keep the haemi safe by keeping him off the board). One of the dreads is horribly exposed, but the razors will probably provide cover.

From the above I predict a prolonged gunfight that will eventually lead to a Dark Eldar win (dice gods aside).

Looking forward to the next post! Smile
Back to top Go down
Drager
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Space Wolves vs Dark Eldar   1850 Space Wolves vs Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14 2012, 21:50

I have fixed the list error and added a little description for the more word-minded to add to the diagrams. Glad you like it Smile.
Back to top Go down
Drager
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Space Wolves vs Dark Eldar   1850 Space Wolves vs Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15 2012, 10:42

Dark Eldar SEIZE!

Dark Eldar Turn 1

The Ravager moves up drawing a bead on the exposed Dreadnought. Although it is firing through ruins it manages to hit with a single Dark Matter beam blowing out the dreadnoughts propulsion system (Immobolised).

The Farseer gave Prescient sight to the nearby Trueborn with Dark Lances who destroyed the rearmost Lasback. The Venom that had been screening the raider then opened fire on the contents killing two Grey Hunters.

The Trueborn and their Venom, along with the Pathfinders and one of the Wracks' Venoms opened fire on the Long Fangs near the enemies table edge, obliterating the squad. The two remaining venoms turbo boosted to threaten the remaining two Long Fang squads next turn.

1850 Space Wolves vs Dark Eldar Deturn1

Stay tuned fro Space Wolf Turn 1 Later Today!
Back to top Go down
Rathstar
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Space Wolves vs Dark Eldar   1850 Space Wolves vs Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19 2012, 15:21

Looking forward to reading the rest, should be a close battle.

Rathstar
Back to top Go down
http://rathstarramblings.blogspot.co.uk/
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Space Wolves vs Dark Eldar   1850 Space Wolves vs Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19 2012, 15:32

I want to know why four people voted space wolves! Looking forward to the next instalment. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Drager
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Space Wolves vs Dark Eldar   1850 Space Wolves vs Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20 2012, 18:38

Sorry for being a little slow got busy at work.

Space Wolves Turn 1

The flamer speeder near the space wolf board edge moves flat out to threaten the pathfinders next turn. It's counterpart moves to threaten the wrack squad should the venom be destroyed. The squadron of speeders moves out from cover to draw a bead on the Venoms with their TMLs.

Meanwhile the Grey Hunters exit their razorbacks, the flamer squad lining up to barbecue any wracks that survive the destruction of their venom and the melta squad moving towards the pathfinders on the roof ready to assault any survivors next turn.

The immobolised dreadnought shoots the ravager, wrecking it.

The rest of the army (all of it) shoots at the two Venoms, exploding one and wrecking the other. The wracks from the wrecked raider are too far away to be flamed by the speeder and the exploding venom kills the flamer armed model in the grey hunter unit. The subsequent bolter fire kills a single wrack. The squad that left the exploding venom are, sadly, pinned.

1850 Space Wolves vs Dark Eldar Spacewolfturn1

Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Space Wolves vs Dark Eldar   1850 Space Wolves vs Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21 2012, 17:19

Let's hope you get some good liquifier rolls, it could be anyone's game at the moment. Bad pre-measuring on his part if the landspeeders flamer was not in range, good for you though! Looking forward to the next part. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Drager
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Space Wolves vs Dark Eldar   1850 Space Wolves vs Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21 2012, 17:37

Mushkilla wrote:
Let's hope you get some good liquifier rolls, it could be anyone's game at the moment. Bad pre-measuring on his part if the landspeeders flamer was not in range, good for you though! Looking forward to the next part. Very Happy

It was in range of the venom (which was wrecked rather than exploded) I used my 3" disembark to clear out of range.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Space Wolves vs Dark Eldar   1850 Space Wolves vs Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21 2012, 17:45

Drager wrote:

It was in range of the venom (which was wrecked rather than exploded) I used my 3" disembark to clear out of range.

Ahh... thought that might be the case but must have missed that part. That's one of the nice things with flat out is it gives you a better chance of getting wrecked.

The landspeeder squadron with the launchers seems like an odd choice, what's the reasoning for it? I haven't seen anything like that in my areas meta, so I'm really interested. Smile
Back to top Go down
Drager
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Space Wolves vs Dark Eldar   1850 Space Wolves vs Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21 2012, 18:00

Dark Eldar Turn 2

Reserve Rolls

Both planes fail to come in and both useless liability units arrive. Then I reroll. Both planes stay in and the liabilities stay off the board.

Movement

The Farseer casts Prescience on the Trueborn nearby.

The first plane moves on, dropping the bomb on the flamer Grey Hunters, killing all but one who breaks. The second plane comes in dropping the bomb on the Long Fangs behind the barricade, killing two. The War Walkers come on behind the dreadnought.

The unpinned wracks move to flame the remaining long fangs. The Venoms shuffle around to get a good line of sight on the Melta squad.

Shooting and Assault

The planes fire two missiles each and their voidlances at the skimmer squadron, wiping it out.

The snipers and Venoms destroy the large Melta squad.

The Trueborn destroy the Razorback near the Long Fangs.

The War Walkers wreck the Dreadnought.

The Wracks liquefy and charge some long fangs, tying combat.

1850 Space Wolves vs Dark Eldar Deturn2

Back to top Go down
Drager
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Space Wolves vs Dark Eldar   1850 Space Wolves vs Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21 2012, 18:02

Mushkilla wrote:

The landspeeder squadron with the launchers seems like an odd choice, what's the reasoning for it? I haven't seen anything like that in my areas meta, so I'm really interested. Smile

They are pretty cheap and ad 6 highly mobile missile shots, that can deal with both light to medium vehicles and infantry. The heavy bolters are free.
Back to top Go down
Blind_Baku
Kabalite Warrior
Blind_Baku

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Space Wolves vs Dark Eldar   1850 Space Wolves vs Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21 2012, 20:10

Good round! keep'em coming!
Back to top Go down
Drager
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Space Wolves vs Dark Eldar   1850 Space Wolves vs Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23 2012, 20:16

Space Wolf Turn 2

Movement

The flamer speeders move to engage the pathfinders. The Melta Hunters move up towards the pathfinder squad. The last Grey Hunter from the Flamer squad moves to assist the Long Fang fighting the Wracks.

Shooting

The rightmost flamer Speeder flat outs to get a good angle on the Pathfinders next turn. The other flamer Speeder kills two of the Pathfinders on the roof. The Melta Hunters shoot the Pathfinders to no effect. The immobile dreadnought wrecks the empty Venom.

The Lasback and Longfnags (with Prescience) take a hull point off each plane.

Combat

The Runepriest charges the War Walkers. The Grey Hunter charges the Wracks and combats tie.

1850 Space Wolves vs Dark Eldar Spacewolfturn2

Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Space Wolves vs Dark Eldar   1850 Space Wolves vs Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24 2012, 10:12

Not looking good for the space wolves. Next turn concede? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Drager
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Space Wolves vs Dark Eldar   1850 Space Wolves vs Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26 2012, 22:38

Dark Eldar Turn 3

Movement

Planes swing round to draw a bead on his remaining vehicles. Venoms shuffle.

Shooting

The Venoms remove the Long Fangs on the roof. The planes and Trueborn kill all the remaining vehicles save for one Flamer Speeder

Assault

The remaining Wracks join combat. Combats tie.

1850 Space Wolves vs Dark Eldar Darkeldarturn3

Back to top Go down
Drager
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Space Wolves vs Dark Eldar   1850 Space Wolves vs Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26 2012, 22:42

Space Wolf Turn 3

Movement

Melta Hunters advance on Pathfinders

Shooting

Melta Hunters shoot Pathfinders, no effect.

Flamer Speeders flames 4 pathfinders!

Assault

Melta Hunters assault and kill Pathfinders. Other combats tie.

1850 Space Wolves vs Dark Eldar Spacewolfturn3

Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Space Wolves vs Dark Eldar   1850 Space Wolves vs Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27 2012, 09:25

Looks like game over soon. Great game though. Smile

Do you think seizing the initiative was an important element of you victory?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Space Wolves vs Dark Eldar   1850 Space Wolves vs Dark Eldar I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 Space Wolves vs Dark Eldar
Page 1 of 1