THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Voidraven and mine

Go down 
+2
Count Adhemar
Scorpion
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Scorpion
Master of Mandrakes

Voidraven and mine Empty
PostSubject: Voidraven and mine   Voidraven and mine I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15 2012, 10:12

Hey all,

Since dropping the mine doesn't count as using a weapon (its not a bomb) and happens in the movement phase, can I can move flat out after dropping it? That means: move 36", drop mine, move 36" and out of the board in shooting phase?

Is that legal?

Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Voidraven and mine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voidraven and mine   Voidraven and mine I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15 2012, 11:37

Flat out for flyers is 12-24" and I'm not sure that you can enter and leave the table in the same turn.

Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

Voidraven and mine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voidraven and mine   Voidraven and mine I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15 2012, 12:30

Correct you can't arrive and leave on the same turn. Also, need to double check, but I think you also can only move off in the move phase

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Scorpion
Master of Mandrakes

Voidraven and mine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voidraven and mine   Voidraven and mine I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15 2012, 13:46

well, the voidraven is supersonic and that means it can flat out 36". But I can't find anything in the rule book about leaving the board the same turn it enters it.
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

Voidraven and mine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voidraven and mine   Voidraven and mine I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15 2012, 14:53

Scorpion wrote:
well, the voidraven is supersonic and that means it can flat out 36". But I can't find anything in the rule book about leaving the board the same turn it enters it.

You can move up to 36" going flat out with supersonic, for a combined move of 72" but unfortunately you can't do it after making a bombing run (BRB, page 81). It also says on page 80 that you can arrive facing any direction you wish, as long as the resulting move doesn't carry it off the board again. Basically, to use the bomb when arriving from reserve or ongoing reserve, you have to still be on the board at the end of that turn.

Whether or not you can move on, not go off the board with your movement, then go off the board by going flat out in the same turn you arrive is open for interpretation. I think you can, as it's only in the movement phase that you can't move straight off as soon as you've come on. Which is handy for getting rid of stuff that's easier for troops on the ground to do, such as anything with Interceptor. Provided you finished your movement phase behind cover of course.

Master of Mandrakes

Voidraven and mine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voidraven and mine   Voidraven and mine I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15 2012, 15:39

Dropping the mine is NOT a bombing run. Sure they have the same "drop" rules but the mine doesn't count as using a weapon, a bomb run count as using a weapon. So I cant se anything that says that is ilegal.
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

Voidraven and mine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voidraven and mine   Voidraven and mine I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15 2012, 16:28

You might be right on that one, checking the FAQ again it does say it doesn't count towards the number of weapons fired when it comes to the shooting phase. Which is odd, considering it seems to contradict the bombing run rules and they're clearly intended for this sort of thing, yet it's a new FAQ. It's like a longhand, slightly different wording, which completely changes the way that particular vehicle can be used.

Sybarite
CaptainBalroga

Voidraven and mine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voidraven and mine   Voidraven and mine I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16 2012, 04:17

You can only leave the table when you are Zooming. So, that's in the Movement phase and not Hovering (for any Imperials).

Master of Mandrakes

Voidraven and mine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voidraven and mine   Voidraven and mine I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16 2012, 07:52

Moving flat out doesn't change the flyers mode from Zooming. It is still zooming. So... I still cant see anything that says its ilegal. Its a great strategy when our flyer gets in before the enemys. Insted of getting shot down in the next turn, our flyer can drop the mine and get off the board before the enemy flyer even get the chance to come in the game.
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

Voidraven and mine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voidraven and mine   Voidraven and mine I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16 2012, 09:53

Scorpion wrote:
Moving flat out doesn't change the flyers mode from Zooming. It is still zooming. So... I still cant see anything that says its ilegal. Its a great strategy when our flyer gets in before the enemys. Insted of getting shot down in the next turn, our flyer can drop the mine and get off the board before the enemy flyer even get the chance to come in the game.

You need to re-read the section. Zoom and flat out are 2 different things

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Scorpion
Master of Mandrakes

Voidraven and mine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voidraven and mine   Voidraven and mine I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16 2012, 16:06

it seems that I can only leave air space with a Zoom move. I am not 100% convinced but ok, so it cant be done.... Why is the point of having a flyer that can move 72" ?
Back to top Go down
Seshiru
Sybarite

Voidraven and mine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voidraven and mine   Voidraven and mine I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17 2012, 14:58

well you can travel the full length of the long edge of the board should the need arrive

Voidraven and mine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voidraven and mine   Voidraven and mine I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Voidraven and mine
Page 1 of 1