THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1750 Tournament List

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kenny3760
Sybarite

1750 Tournament List Empty
PostSubject: 1750 Tournament List   1750 Tournament List I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19 2012, 15:23

I'm heading to a tournament at the end of october, which has no allies and no fortifications allowed, bang goes the defence line and quad gun idea. The missions are pretty much the standard ones from the BRB with no significant twists to make any real differences. There will be no Hammer and Anvil deployment though and 1 mission uses the old spearhead set up.
I am thinking of using the list below, any thoughts or criticsms welcome.

Archon @ 145 Pts
Agoniser; Blast Pistol; Phantasm Grenade Launcher; Shadow Field

4 Incubi @ 163 Pts
1 Venom @ [75] Pts: Splinter Cannon (x2); Night Shields

5 Wyches @ 145 Pts
Shardnet & Impaler (x1); Haywire Grenades

5 Wyches @ 145 Pts
Shardnet & Impaler (x1); Haywire Grenades

5 Wyches @ 145 Pts
Razorflails (x1); Haywire Grenades

10 Kabalite Warriors @ 175 Pts
1 Raider @ [85] Pts: Dark Lance (x1); Grisly Trophies; Splinter Racks; Night Shields

10 Kabalite Warriors @ 175 Pts
1 Raider @ [85] Pts: Dark Lance (x1); Grisly Trophies; Splinter Racks; Night Shields

6 Reavers @ 156 Pts
Heat Lance (x2)

3 Beastmasters @ 156 Pts
5 Khymerae @ [60] Pts
Night Vision; Invulnerable Save (4+)
4 Razorwing Flocks @ [60] Pts
Night Vision; Whirlwind of Blades

1 Ravager @ 115 Pts
Dark Lance (x3); Night Shields

1 Ravager @ 115 Pts

1 Ravager @ 115 Pts

Total Roster Cost: 1750

The Archon and incubi are a new addition for me, primarily due to the upgrade in the incubi's killing power. The Archon I was thinking of running with Huskblade and soul trap, and may still try that.

3 units of wyches primarily for haywiring armour and tying up dreads. Unlikely to be around to hold take objectives at the end of the game

2 units of warriors with splinter rack raiders I have been having a bit of joy with recently. Have managed to use these guys to grab objectives late on, and 20 poison shots with re-rolls to hit can whittle down enemy troops quite nicely.

Beast masters unit is there for pure assault purposes, as a direct threat to enemy troops. 4+ inv saves and rending attacks are the main features here.

Reavers, I am still not sure about, but there is no denying the effectiveness of heat lances as messing up enemy vehicles you want gone quickly.

Ravagers are ravagers. Suprisingly I use to hunt down enemy flyers if there are any in a pack before going after ground vehicles. Primarily because I have lost the quad gun.

I see myself having enough AI and conventional AT, but I think flyers will be an uphill task all the way.

I expect to see the usual top end tournament list, Necron flyer spam, IG vendetta/hydra, and the usual GK variations.
Back to top Go down
kenny3760
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 1750 Tournament List   1750 Tournament List I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21 2012, 22:39

Been thinking a bit more about this list and was wondering about putting the Duke in instead of the Archon. He can boost one of the splinter rack raider squads, I get 2 rols on the drug table for my wyches, reavers and beastmasters.
Downside is that he doesn't have a PGL to cover the Incubi from overwatch, and he looks to be not quite as effective as an Archon in combat.

Any thoughts
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: 1750 Tournament List   1750 Tournament List I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22 2012, 01:48

Beastmasters don't benefit from Combat Drugs

I think if you drop the Archon for the Duke I'd prolly take away the Incubi too - and add in the Baron and more Beasts. A few more Razorwing Flocks will give you some more Rending attacks

EDIT: Also the Duke will allow you to potentially Deep Strike your Wyches Venoms then reposition (flat out) in the shooting phase setting up next turn assault.
Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: 1750 Tournament List   1750 Tournament List I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22 2012, 04:09

I would suggest maybe taking out the wych weapons and find 15 poonts somewhere to give all three squads a hekatrix with venomblade. The shardnet can be very handy in taking out dreads, but I think youll find that the hekatrix with venom blade allows them to handle cc much better. I run 3 units of five very similarly to what I just described. I ussually use them for av but when I need some ai run them in a kinds wolfpack where they gang up on and swarm larger units. 3 venoms shooting 12 each and 3 wych squads throwing grenades will make most anything go away. Give the hex with venom blade a try and see how you like it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1750 Tournament List   1750 Tournament List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1750 Tournament List
Page 1 of 1