THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500point DE w/CWE allies + Baron list

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mug7703
Sybarite

1500point DE w/CWE allies + Baron list Empty
PostSubject: 1500point DE w/CWE allies + Baron list   1500point DE w/CWE allies + Baron list I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22 2012, 14:11

DE
Baron Sathonyx - 105pts

Haemon - 50pts
11 Hellions, Helliarch w/SC - 191pts
3 Wracks - 30pts

5 Warriors w/B. Venom w/2xSC - 125pts
5 Warriors w/B. Venom w/2xSC - 125pts

9 Reavers w/3xHL - 234pts

Ravager w/NS - 115pts
Ravager w/NS - 115pts
Ravager w/NS - 115pts

CWE Allies
Farseer w/JB, SS, RoW, Doom - 128pts
3 Jetbike Guardians - 66pts

ADL w/QC - 100pts

= 1499pts

As most tournaments here are 1500 points I thought I'd adjust the list slightly. I think it is quite competitive. I slightly worry I don't have many Hellions but maybe swap out the Haemon for a few more hellions perhaps? Not sure, I'll have to see how well a unit of 11 plays.
Back to top Go down
http://www.trevelyanharper.co.uk
kenny3760
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 1500point DE w/CWE allies + Baron list   1500point DE w/CWE allies + Baron list I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23 2012, 11:20

The ADL is a great piece of kit for DE but I wonder who is going to be using it. I imagine the Heami and the wracks, but without a PT for extra protection I don't se them lasting long. I am guessing you are using the Heami and wracks to do the PT swap onto the hellions/baron so you don't really want to mess with that.

Personally I'd lose 3 reavers and use the points to up both the wracks and hellions, probably get the wracks to 5 and put the rest into the hellions.
Back to top Go down
Seshiru
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 1500point DE w/CWE allies + Baron list   1500point DE w/CWE allies + Baron list I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24 2012, 19:13

Are you planing on actually using the Eldar Codex spell or the new rulebook system for the Farseer?

I noticed you have spirit stones but only one spell?

Personally I've been toying around the idea of 2 large units of reavers with an Eldar farseer on jetbike casting spells from the divination section to buff them up.
Back to top Go down
mug7703
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 1500point DE w/CWE allies + Baron list   1500point DE w/CWE allies + Baron list I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25 2012, 01:16

kenny3760 wrote:
Are you planing on actually using the Eldar Codex spell or the new rulebook system for the Farseer?
Personally I'd lose 3 reavers and use the points to up both the wracks and hellions, probably get the wracks to 5 and put the rest into the hellions.
This is a good point and something I think I'll consider. I have also considered losing the Haemy and the Jetbikes (116pts) for a 5 man squad of rangers and either 2 more Wracks, Mind war (for a Divination power) or a Hellion and 5pts elsewhere. What do you think?

Seshiru wrote:
I noticed you have spirit stones but only one spell?

Personally I've been toying around the idea of 2 large units of reavers with an Eldar farseer on jetbike casting spells from the divination section to buff them up.
SS is for the Singing Spear. (Sorry if there is a different shorthand for it). Yea that could be effective. What spells would you aim to get?
With the current list I've thought of seeing how the CD roll goes and then choosing to opt out Doom or prescience if I roll the 'reroll to wound' CD buff.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: 1500point DE w/CWE allies + Baron list   1500point DE w/CWE allies + Baron list I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25 2012, 07:21

You will need to be careful with the reavers as the only other unit I see getting close and personal with the enemy are the hellions and they will take a turn or too. Reaver die real quick if they are the only thing in rang range of your opponents army.

Hope that helps. Smile
Back to top Go down
Seshiru
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 1500point DE w/CWE allies + Baron list   1500point DE w/CWE allies + Baron list I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25 2012, 17:00

I think the Divination spells 1 through 4 are all useful on our reavers, as is the primaris power.
I would personally want more than 1 though, and probably the spirit stones

Primaris
My heat lance hit rate goes from 66% to almost 90% and mellee hit rates against an equal go from 50% to 75% - definately want this

1:
Roll this and charging your unit is a bad idea

2:
great if your opponent has any ignore cover shots, or you need to mellee

3:
with the mobility of the jetbikes you can debuff pesky Storm Shield blobs pretty much any where then lay into them with more than just the reavers and kill almost twice as many as you would without the debuff!

4:
Ever had a necron ship jink your heat lances? or just want to laugh really hard at scouts in cover? this spell solves those problems
Back to top Go down
Seshiru
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 1500point DE w/CWE allies + Baron list   1500point DE w/CWE allies + Baron list I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25 2012, 17:03

If Mysterious Objectives are in play, then 6 isn't too terible (I mean it's still terrible just slightly less so)
Back to top Go down
mug7703
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 1500point DE w/CWE allies + Baron list   1500point DE w/CWE allies + Baron list I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27 2012, 10:32

Seshiru wrote:
I think the Divination spells 1 through 4 are all useful on our reavers, as is the primaris power.
I would personally want more than 1 though, and probably the spirit stones

Primaris
My heat lance hit rate goes from 66% to almost 90% and mellee hit rates against an equal go from 50% to 75% - definately want this

1:
Roll this and charging your unit is a bad idea

2:
great if your opponent has any ignore cover shots, or you need to mellee

3:
with the mobility of the jetbikes you can debuff pesky Storm Shield blobs pretty much any where then lay into them with more than just the reavers and kill almost twice as many as you would without the debuff!

4:
Ever had a necron ship jink your heat lances? or just want to laugh really hard at scouts in cover? this spell solves those problems
This is a very good point. And taking into account everybody's comments I changed the list slightly. Having read several battle reports and played one game against a flyer I have decided to get rid of the ADL for 1,500pt games. I think their impact is quite survivable. Use of cover and going to ground can really limit their effectiveness. Even without skyfire they can be taken down with lucky shots or just when they go into hover mode. I also have the option of casting prescience on a ravager which should get one hit in 3 shots. The Farseer and his psychic defence is far more important I think so he is a keeper.

So the new list is as follows:

Dark Eldar

The Baron 105pts

Haemonculi - 50pts
3 Wracks - 30pts

13 Hellions, Helliarch w/stun claw - 223pts

7 Wyches w/HWG, Hekatrix w/VB. Raider - 159pts
7 Wyches w/HWG, Hekatrix w/VB. Raider - 159pts

9 Reavers w/3xHL - 234pts

Ravager w/NS - 115pts
Ravager w/NS - 115pts
Ravager w/NS - 115pts

CWE Allies

Farseer w/Singing Spear, Jetbike, Doom, RoW - 128pts

3 Guardian Jetbikes - 66pts

= 1,499pts
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1500point DE w/CWE allies + Baron list   1500point DE w/CWE allies + Baron list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500point DE w/CWE allies + Baron list
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: