THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of the Ivory Blade

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Archon Korrdeth Xyrnndien
Slave

Kabal of the Ivory Blade Empty
PostSubject: Kabal of the Ivory Blade   Kabal of the Ivory Blade I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22 2012, 19:39

I posted this on 40k Online a few years back when I was really into DE. I'm sort of getting back into the swing of things and thought I'd share it here. Pretty much your standard tale of betrayal and ambition, but it's believable.

Kabal: The Kabal of the Ivory Blade

Archon: Korrdeth Xyrnndien

History: Korrdeth Xyrnndien was but a dracon at the time Vect rose to power in Commorragh. A cunning Eldar, he served Archon Yyrileth Dargron of the Black Light Kabal. Dargron was an elder obsessed with his own stature, as well as his image – constantly launching raid after raid in order to preserve his youthful features. Whispers within the kabal remarked he was driving it into the ground. These raids were successful, no doubt, but with each attack the kabal lost warriors. The fighting force was growing weary and morale had dropped slightly. Dargron pretended not to notice his faults, being the self-obsessed Archon he was. Korrdeth was among those who despised his vanity, though he kept this secret from all but his most personal guard until the time was right.

This time would reveal itself as one of Dargron’s own slave raids. An attack upon the industrial moon Prometheus II was ordered, led by the twisted archon himself. Prior to the eve of battle, Korrdeth secretly met with the kabal’s warriors who sympathized with his distaste of Dargron. As the kabal mobilized for the raid, Korrdeth gathered his followers separately from Dargron’s main force. The archon’s warriors descended upon Prometheus II’s defenses, weaving through flak and autocannon fire. Though Dargron’s forces could outmaneuver the defensive fire easily enough, he was shocked to find barley half of his kabal had followed him into the battle. It was then Korrdeth’s warriors emerged from the webway at the flank of the archon. Ravager gunners aimed their dark lance turrets and unleashed fusillades at Dargron’s raiders, crippling the attack. Furious, Dargron turned his personal raider around and soared towards Korrdeth, anger burning in his obsidian-colored eyes.

Korrdeth saw the Archon heading for his craft and prepared to confront his dark master. As the two raiders neared each other, Korrdeth sprung from his station onto the deck of Dargron’s transport. Accompanied by a retinue of Incubi, he slaughtered the archon’s Trueborn guard and made for the raider’s throne. Before the elder tyrant could stand, Korrdeth was at his throat with his huskblade. The archon unleashed a string of curses and spat at the rebel dracon, but his words were cut short as the huskblade pierced through his abdomen and drained his pale body of vital fluids and lifeblood. Korrdeth threw the shriveled corpse from the raider, letting it fall to the defenses below. With the archon disposed of, Korrdeth and his followers disappeared from the raid, leaving the moon’s defenders baffled and weary.

Upon Korrdeth’s return to Commorragh, he took over the kabal as archon and renamed it the Kabal of the Ivory Blade, after his own sword which had put an end to Yyrileth Dargron.
Back to top Go down
Ebonhart
Kabalite Warrior
Ebonhart

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Ivory Blade   Kabal of the Ivory Blade I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22 2012, 22:35

interesting, glad someone took initiative.
Back to top Go down
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Ivory Blade   Kabal of the Ivory Blade I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23 2012, 00:12

Well, I'm still toying with the kabal name and color scheme. It might make sense to rename the kabal as a re-founding of sorts, but I'm not sure what kind of feeling I want it to invoke.

As far as color scheme, I like the Incubi featured in the color gallery in the codex with the white chest plate. It gives a strong contrast from the black armor and white sort of goes with the "Ivory Blade" theme.

I'm going to have to think up more backstory and make a personality for my Archon in order for the kabal to stand out.
Back to top Go down
Lord Aerazabael Dethezara
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Ivory Blade   Kabal of the Ivory Blade I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23 2012, 01:22

a bone like color might suit you better than white, just a thought. looks more sinister too Very Happy

Slave

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Ivory Blade   Kabal of the Ivory Blade I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23 2012, 03:37

That'd probably work better! If I go with a dark color for the overall armor, then I'd probably paint lots of bone-colored sword imagery on the armor of my warriors and banners to emphasize the theme.

I'm fond of the color of the character in my avatar - Perhaps a light blue for the overall appearance of the armor, but with black segments and bone swords on those black plates? It'd probably take a test model to really explain what I'm getting at but it'd give the kabal this cold, icy feel.
Back to top Go down
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Ivory Blade   Kabal of the Ivory Blade I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23 2012, 05:24

Yes,your avatar wud be a good referance point. It's kinda a blue black with bone. I would not make the blue too light.

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Ivory Blade   Kabal of the Ivory Blade I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the Ivory Blade
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Kabals Of The Dark City
-
Jump to: