THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Webway Portal - 2000 points

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
somerandomdude
Hellion

Webway Portal - 2000 points Empty
PostSubject: Webway Portal - 2000 points   Webway Portal - 2000 points I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25 2012, 04:57

I know, right! I need to learn to focus.

HQ
Haemonculus Ancient, Liquifier Gun, Webway Portal, Mindphase Gauntlet - 135 points
Haemonculus, Liquifier Gun, Webway Portal, Power Ax - 105 points
Succubus, Venom Blade - 70 points

Elites
8 Grotesques, Aberration, Liquifier Gun, Flesh Gauntlet - 320 points
4 Grotesques, Aberration, Liquifier Gun, Flesh Gauntlet, Raider - 240 points

Troops
3 Wracks, Acothyst, Hexrifle - 55 points
10 Wracks, 2 Liquifiers - 120 points
10 Wracks, 2 Liquifiers - 120 points
11 Wyches, HWG - 132 points

Fast Attack
9 Reavers, 3 Heat Lances, Arena Champion, Venom Blade - 249 points
9 Reavers, 3 Heat Lances, Arena Champion, Venom Blade - 249 points

Heavy
Talos, TL Liquifier Gun - 105 points
Cronos, Spirit Vortex - 100 points

2000 points

Ancient is with 8 Grotesques, regular Haemonculus is with 4 Grotesques in single vehicle, Succubus goes with either of these units, most likely the large unit. Sniper Wracks go up high in a ruin to pick out squad leaders and Independent Characters. Ancient upgrade is so that Mindphase Gauntlet can help protect them a bit. Mindphase also helps a lot against S10 thunderhammers. Power Ax gives the other unit AP2. If I drop a Wych, I could put a Power Ax in both squads for the options.

13 units = 7 in Reserve: 2 Large Wrack units, 1 Wych unit, 2 Reaver units, Talos and Cronos.

Raider Grotesques move up and deploy WWP. If the Ancient can find a good spot for his, he deploys it; otherwise he deploys it on turn two.

Wracks clear out cover, Wyches and Grotesques help with vehicles. Pain Engines demolish things, witht he Cronos handing out pain tokens (first to the Wyches and Reavers, if able; then everyone).

Possible changes: Drop the small Grotesque squad and a WWP in favor of more Reavers/Wracks. Will need to increase number of units to allow for Reserves.
Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: Webway Portal - 2000 points   Webway Portal - 2000 points I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25 2012, 22:19

I like it!! I was thinking of doing something like this also except I was going with a unit of 10 incubi with klavix with blood stone and archon instead of the larger unit of grots. I was going to call it fun with flamers Smile . Not sure about the ancient upgrade, it seems like 30 points you could use to give your cronos a spirit syphen since if I'm right MCs get to fire two weapons then charge. Also chainflails are great on the talos.
Back to top Go down
somerandomdude
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Webway Portal - 2000 points   Webway Portal - 2000 points I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26 2012, 02:47

Bibitybopitybacon wrote:
I like it!! I was thinking of doing something like this also except I was going with a unit of 10 incubi with klavix with blood stone and archon instead of the larger unit of grots. I was going to call it fun with flamers Smile . Not sure about the ancient upgrade, it seems like 30 points you could use to give your cronos a spirit syphen since if I'm right MCs get to fire two weapons then charge. Also chainflails are great on the talos.

The Ancient is in there for an I5 Mindphase Gauntlet. The biggest threats to Grotesques are S10 attacks. You find these on Dreadknights (I4), various Monstrous Creatures who decide to Smash (many are I4 or lower), or Thunderhammers on certain models (I1). I know it is expensive (35 points because of the extra points you spend over the Venom Blade), but it is extra insurance for your slow-moving Deathstar.

As for the Cronos, the Siphon is actually a default option. The Vortex is the blast. So, I do have both ranged weapons. Very Happy

Looking at things, I realized that I completely forgot the Hekatrix/VB/PGL. So I need to find 25 points somewhere. I think I'll drop a Wych (so down to 10) and drop the Flesh Gauntlet on the 4-Grot squad to a Venom Blade.
Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: Webway Portal - 2000 points   Webway Portal - 2000 points I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26 2012, 05:17

Lol yeah brain tart there. There a to many weapons with spirit in the title for me to keep them straight! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Webway Portal - 2000 points   Webway Portal - 2000 points I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26 2012, 08:00

Foot wyches will be interesting I have been experimenting with them in small games to try and figure out how to get hem to work on a larger scale.

You might want to try blasters on the reavers, as they give you a bit more range, and that way they won't get themselves killed rushing ahead of the army without support.

somerandomdude wrote:

The Ancient is in there for an I5 Mindphase Gauntlet.

Speaking of Mindphase Gauntlet I had this silly idea you could give a Haemi a power axe, vexator mask and a mindphase Gauntlet. The idea being to challenge a character and keep mindphasing him until he fails his vexator leadership test (might take some time) on the turn he fails he can't attack you so you smash him up with the power axe. Probably not worth the points but seeing as you are trying out the Phase Gauntlet anyway, I thought I should put it out there.

Hope that helps. Smile

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Fruz
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Webway Portal - 2000 points   Webway Portal - 2000 points I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26 2012, 13:54

Have you completely given up heat lances on reavers Mushkilla ? they seem at their best use on them.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Webway Portal - 2000 points   Webway Portal - 2000 points I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26 2012, 14:00

Fruz wrote:
Have you completely given up heat lances on reavers Mushkilla ? they seem at their best use on them.

No, I'm just experimenting with blasters (which I used extensively in 5th). I also find that blasters work better in shooty lists/slow lists, or lists where you can't fit enough target saturation to keep the reavers alive. Healances are a lot more effective then blasters but they do have some limitations. Not to mention ceremite is a real problem (as storm ravens are quite popular, I just haven't played against them yet). It's a pain when one special rule shuts down all your anti armour, mais c'est la vie. Smile

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Webway Portal - 2000 points   Webway Portal - 2000 points I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Webway Portal - 2000 points
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: