THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

BR3 Dark Eldar v Grey Knights

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Steffo
Hellion
Steffo

BR3 Dark Eldar v Grey Knights Empty
PostSubject: BR3 Dark Eldar v Grey Knights   BR3 Dark Eldar v Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27 2012, 09:41

My list

1 Succy VB, HWG

9 wyches HW, heka VB, PGL, raider, nightshields, dizzies
5 Warriors, Venom, NS, SC
5 Warriors, Blaster, Venom, NS, SC

9 Reavers, 3 Blasters
9 Reavers, 3 Blasters

1 Ravager, NS, 3 Dizzies
1 Ravager, NS, 3 Dizzies

I regret not taking my grots, with a beatstick archon, would have been fun to try. Was keen to try all these dizzies tho as my dark lances always seem lack luster.

His List

1 Cortez
7 Henchmen, 2 lascannons, 3 plasma cannons, 2 stormshield dudes

1 Autocannon dread, psybolt ammo

5 terminators, storm bolters, assortment of close combat pain.
5 strike squad, storm bolters

7 Interceptors, 30 inch shunt packs, heavy incinerator.

Stormraven gunship, autocannon, heavy bolter, psy ammo, missles

Deployment
I won the roll to deploy first and get first turn. Combat drugs +1 strength, Warlord traits were useless. Relic Mission, Dawn of war deployment, No nightfighting, his psychic powers were missfortune and prescience.

The relic is in the middle of the board under the gate of the wall

BR3 Dark Eldar v Grey Knights De_v_g10

He Seized the Initiative.

Grey Knight Turn 1
BR3 Dark Eldar v Grey Knights De_v_g12

Incinerators shunt 30 inchs and with the combined heavy incinerator and storm bolters roast my entire reaver squad.

Two lascannons from the henchmans squad wreck my venom, the warriors with the blaster disembark.

The dreadnaught explodes the raider and kills 4 wyches and two warriors including the blaster in the blast.

Dark Eldar turn 1
BR3 Dark Eldar v Grey Knights De_v_g13

My reavers boost away from the strike squad.

3 Warriors make a run for the relic.

The remaining wyches and succy hide behind the tower.

The venom opens up on the henchmen and kills two.

One ravager opens up on the terminators and kills three.

The other ravager fires at the henchmen and kills another two.

Grey Knight turn 2
BR3 Dark Eldar v Grey Knights De_v_g17

The stormraven flew in and unleashed everything at the ravager but only managed to glance it once.

The dread also failed to do anything with some unlucky rolling.

He forgot to move his interceptors and they only ran 1 inch.

Dark Eldar turn 2
BR3 Dark Eldar v Grey Knights De_v_g15

Warriors ran into cover closer to the relic, Reavers turbo boosted near the dread ready to blaster it next turn.

The two ravagers and venom opened up on the henchmen and cortez and wiped them out.

Grey Knight turn 3
BR3 Dark Eldar v Grey Knights De_v_g18

The Strike squad moved out of cover and storm bolted the venom wrecking it

The terminators moved towards the reavers and killed two.

The dread stunned the ravager.

The stormtalon moved off the board as nothing was in range or site.

The interceptors storm bolted the the reavers and killed two.

Dark Eldar turn 3
BR3 Dark Eldar v Grey Knights De_v_g20

The Reavers move up fired 3 blasters at the dread however they failed to glance or pen it. They used their assault move to move away.

The 5 Warriors Advanced and Rapid fired the strike squad but did nothing.

The not stunned ravager shot the strike squad killing 4. The stunned ravager snapshot the terminators and managed 4 hits and killed all of them.

Grey Knight Turn 4
BR3 Dark Eldar v Grey Knights De_v_g22

The storm raven entered again and reduced the ravager to one hull point. It also wiped the warrior squad.

The lone strike squad member shot and killed two wyches, then charged and died to the succy, giving me my first pain token of the game.

The interceptors shot and killed two reavers.

The dread reduced the other ravager down to one hull point also.

Dark Eldar Turn 4
BR3 Dark Eldar v Grey Knights De_v_g23

The Warriors ran to try and reach the relic

The Reavers moved away from the interceptors and shot two blasters at the dread but failed to glance or pen.

The wyches and succy moved around the tower hiding.

The ravager killed 5 interceptors who failed their moral check and ran using three dice three inches.

Grey Knight turn 5
BR3 Dark Eldar v Grey Knights De_v_g24

The interceptors auto rallied got a free three inch move and jumped the full 12 inches to just be in range and roast my last three Reavers.

The stormraven finally exploded a ravager.

The dread shot at the wyches and rolling terribly killed one.

Dark Eldar turn 5
BR3 Dark Eldar v Grey Knights De_v_g25

The wyches advanced, The succy leaves the squad, both units haywire the dread and do two glances, they then charged it, wyches take the overwatch, he rolled three hits, two wounds, and a made one 4+ Cover save, thanks to PGL and charging through cover. The Succy charged as well, both haywired and took the last hull point away.

The ravager killed the last two interceptors.

The warriors moved into cover near the relic too far away to make it.

Game ends.

Grey Knights = First Blood = 1
Dark Eldar = Warlord, and linebreak = 2

Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: BR3 Dark Eldar v Grey Knights   BR3 Dark Eldar v Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27 2012, 10:10

Go Steffo! Someone is on a roll! (added it to the sticky) Smile

Advice with Battle Chronicler

If you go into the view where you can see both the box around the unit, and the individual modes (I think it's the middle button of the three buttons on the right). You can then select a unit by clicking on it once and then hitting delete once this lets you rotate the unit so that you can get straight arrow when you move them (rather then the confusing curvy ones). I find this helps make movement clearer in general.

Advice with Blasters and Reavers

I learn't this mainly from playing nothing but blaster reavers in 5th when they were a lot more vulnerable (it's very different to the new bread of ultra aggressive heatlance reaver that 6th created). In this picture:
BR3 Dark Eldar v Grey Knights De_v_g15
Reavers with blasters have a threat range of 30". If you moved the reavers so that they were 24" away from the dreadnought then you would ensure that it wouldn't be able to escape your blaster by moving away from your reavers next turn. Whilst at the same time preventing the grey knights terminators from shooting your reavers (as long as they were 31" or more away from wherever your reavers ended up on your turn). That or use the terrain to stop them from getting an angle of fire. With pre-measuring this is easy to do and can give your a real edge. I know things are not to scale, so this might not have been possible, but it's a useful trick to remember.

As for the game, well played, and congratulations on another victory. That strike squad was scary, but you recovered well. Looking forward to the next one. Smile

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Steffo
Hellion
Steffo

PostSubject: Re: BR3 Dark Eldar v Grey Knights   BR3 Dark Eldar v Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03 2012, 23:45

I will try a make the lines a bit clearer next time, looking back those especially with that 30 inch shunt move interceptors the arrow is a bit odd.

My reaver jetbikes really havn't done that well over my 3 games with them. I will put most of that down to me using them rashly, but in each game after my first turn my opponent has wiped one squad of reavers, boosting next to a wriathlord, a CCB and a scary seize with a 30 inch heavy incinerator shunt, but that mainly me being overly aggressive.

But with their shooting, i am tending to wiff on those critical turns where i need to down my target. Maybe i need to be more cautious with them and try and keep them alive so they can actually do something apart from die and wiff.

Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: BR3 Dark Eldar v Grey Knights   BR3 Dark Eldar v Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04 2012, 13:22

Reavers are not an easy unit to use by any means. They were even harder to use in 5th. That being said, they are very rewarding once you get the hang of them. In my opinion they are the epitome of the Dark Edlar play style: fast, brutal and very unforgiving when you make mistakes. Don't let the T4 and the 3+ cover save fool you, they are still very fragile at the end of the day. Keep persevering and I'm sure you will get the hang of them. Smile

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Blind_Baku
Kabalite Warrior
Blind_Baku

PostSubject: Re: BR3 Dark Eldar v Grey Knights   BR3 Dark Eldar v Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04 2012, 13:47

WOW! great read, thanks for posting! Your reavers got it bad but it looked like you did a great job bringing it back from such a heave T1 hit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BR3 Dark Eldar v Grey Knights   BR3 Dark Eldar v Grey Knights I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BR3 Dark Eldar v Grey Knights
Page 1 of 1