THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Hierarchs

Go down 
+3
Nomic
Aurora Doomfall
Elzadar
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Elzadar
Sybarite
Elzadar

Hierarchs Empty
PostSubject: Hierarchs   Hierarchs I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30 2012, 23:34

Alright I am confused. Apparently a Hierarch is a spokesperson for an Archon, that is promoted from Dracon. However in the background of Drazhar it is hinted that it is also the highest rank within an Incubus shrine.... Does this mean a Hierarch is both leader of an Incubi shrine and the right hand of an Archon, or are they two separate ranks with the same name?
Back to top Go down
Aurora Doomfall
Hellion
Aurora Doomfall

Hierarchs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hierarchs   Hierarchs I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30 2012, 23:40

Its another one of those new edition fluff changes that have become so common these days. though a Hierarch was one the enforcer for the Archon it has been changed to be the master of an Incubi shrine, In the same way as Succubus are now a HQ character when in the old edition they were squad leaders.
Back to top Go down
Nomic
Wych
Nomic

Hierarchs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hierarchs   Hierarchs I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01 2012, 09:39

Path of the Renegade, which was released fairly recently, has a Dark Eldar who is referred as a Hierarch in it. He is a leader of DE pirates and seems to be very high ranking, but is below the Archon in rank. He's also clearly a Kabalite instead of a member of the Incubi. So it would seem that Hierarch can mean two separate things: a Kabalite rank between Dracon and Archon (essentially the Archon's right hand man), and the leader of an Incubus Shrine.

Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

Hierarchs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hierarchs   Hierarchs I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04 2012, 23:16

Do note that when used in Incubi Shrines (not too sure about Kabals) it is a suffix.
So, instead of being 'Hierarch Terrl'zel' it would be 'Terrl'zel Hierarch.'

Hierarchs YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
soulthirster8
Hellion

Hierarchs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hierarchs   Hierarchs I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06 2012, 10:51

We'll find out in march 2013 with path of the incubi. I'm looking forward to it. Smile
I suspect that they are a top rank in incubi society a bit like the dark reflection of a super exarch or something and then they are permanently hired into a kabal but they keep the title. They than act as the right hand man, personal bodyguard and advisor to the archon.
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

Hierarchs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hierarchs   Hierarchs I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06 2012, 11:27

If Path of the Incubus is going to change what I all ready think of as the Incubus Hierarch then I am going to rage! I refuse to change my writing again for the release of another book.

Anyhow, that is what I think of them as. The super awesome warrior of awesomeness who sits in his big chair watching over the recruits while they train and murder their way through the ranks, only to challenge the Hierarch and be put down.

Hierarchs YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
helvexis
Sybarite
helvexis

Hierarchs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hierarchs   Hierarchs I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07 2012, 14:30

thats pretty much how Ierarchs are described in the fluff so i dont think they will change much if at all.
the other major thing they seem to have is be jealous of DrazHar.

kind of on topic on the incubi thing anyone have any idea why the incubus in path of the renegade yelled out "Remember Arha"? if youve read the book you'll know where he was saying it if not im not spoiling anything
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

Hierarchs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hierarchs   Hierarchs I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07 2012, 14:47

Morr Yelled "Arhra remembers" because of something that will probably be made much clearer in Path of the Incubus.
Arha (and this is if they don't decide to change the already established background) was a fallen Phoenix Lord of the Striking Scorpions, so it is probably something to do with the Dark Eldar distaste for other Eldar.

It will probably be explained somewhat in Path of the Incubus.

Hierarchs YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
John M
Kabalite Warrior
John M

Hierarchs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hierarchs   Hierarchs I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17 2013, 02:54

Elzadar wrote:
Alright I am confused. Apparently a Hierarch is a spokesperson for an Archon, that is promoted from Dracon. However in the background of Drazhar it is hinted that it is also the highest rank within an Incubus shrine.... Does this mean a Hierarch is both leader of an Incubi shrine and the right hand of an Archon, or are they two separate ranks with the same name?

I always thought it was two seperate ranks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hierarchs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hierarchs   Hierarchs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hierarchs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Background