THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Need advice/guide for painting emblems

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ravengoescaw
Heamonculi
ravengoescaw

Need advice/guide for painting emblems Empty
PostSubject: Need advice/guide for painting emblems   Need advice/guide for painting emblems I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03 2012, 00:42

I am trying to find advice for painting emblems, like the large ones on reavers on to my models, but my lack of ability in replicating the exact same emblem over and over, is making this frustrating. Who would you do it? I do not have an air brush.
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: Need advice/guide for painting emblems   Need advice/guide for painting emblems I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03 2012, 19:56

Howdy.

One thing that really helps is to make a template.

I made some templates for my emblem on my Kabal. I drew the shape out in paper, cut them out like paper dolls, then just used the form and a pencil and lightly followed the template on my vehicle surfaces.

The nice thing about the paper templates is they can "form to fit" whatever surface they are on.

Once you have traced the form, just fill in with paintbrush by hand.
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Normski
Hellion
Normski

PostSubject: Re: Need advice/guide for painting emblems   Need advice/guide for painting emblems I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04 2012, 01:30

there is also the tracing way!

get some tracing paper draw on your emblem and then turn the paper over and colour the whole emblem in with a soft pencil!

then put the paper face up where you want it on the craft and go over the pattern with a sharp hard pencil, this will leave a pencil mark of the emblem for you to fill in at your leisure.

and then there is the Stensil way!

cut the emblem into a piece of stiff paper and lightly dry brush/stipple the pattern on it the reverse way to what GAR said with templates.

if your not confident with free hand all of the above suggestions work ok.

REMEMBER: Practice first!
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/normski72/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need advice/guide for painting emblems   Need advice/guide for painting emblems I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need advice/guide for painting emblems
Page 1 of 1