THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest)

Go down 
+3
Cavash
Massaen
Thor665
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest) Empty
PostSubject: The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest)   The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03 2012, 04:45

THE SHATTERED BLADE - ACT 1: DESERT HEAT LIKE A FORGE
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t4404-the-shattered-blade#49741

THE SHATTERED BLADE - DRAMATIS PERSONAE

Venra Rhacho - Incubi Klaivex bodyguard of the late Archon Elkthrae
Spoiler:

Gwyn - Kabalite sniper with unresolved issues.
Spoiler:

Vecrelonis - Mandrake Assassin of the Kabal and the only member not caught in the ambush.
Spoiler:

Vivi - masked Haemonculous servant of Archon Elkthrae
Spoiler:

Berginyon Tanthalus aka Manix - Dracon and Razorwing pilot, 3rd child of Archon Elkthrae, and destined to rule...?
Spoiler:

PERDITION IV - DRAMATIS PERSONAE

Spoiler:

===================================================================================================

The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest) Worldg10
PERDITION IV

Type
Hive World

Temperature
38 C

Population
23 Billion

Planetary Governor
His Most Righteous Eminence Montique Bladdarch

System
Perdition System

Sector
Orpheus Sector

Segmentum
Segmentum Tempestous

=======================================================================================================

The Kabal of the Flashing Blade was known for its lightning fast raids.
Archon Elkthrae, known as 'Gorach Marg' The Laughing Death' was considered something of a young upstart still, but his success was noted.
The power of his Kabal, and the ferocity and success of their raids brought him much fame and fortune all while he laughed.

It was not surprising when he plotted a raid on Perdition IV, planning to claim the lives within the Hive City of Purgatori.
It was not surprising when his forces took the field, deadly, prepared, and moving at speed.
It did come as a surprise when the bombardment started.
No one knows if Archon Elkthrae laughed.

But even the clinical heavy handed butchery of the Imperium can make mistakes.
From the ruins of the raiding party crawled figures, warriors yet filled with life.

A handful of Dark Eldar.
Alone on an Imperial World.
No way home.
No Kabal left.
No chance.
And already the hunger gnaws within them.

For those who thought the matter settled - they are about to discover; The shattered blade can still cut.

=======================================================================================================

The Shattered Blade will be a cooperative roleplaying game for, I conceive, about 5 players. It will span from the ash deserts, to the Hive Cities, and (perhaps) beyond.

Rules

Yes, there are rules.

1. I expect every player to be able to commit to a one post per week minimum - I really do not think that is asking too much. If you can do more - great! If there are the occasional special circumstance periods where you cannot meet the minimum, that can work too - just make sure you do your best to alert me and the other players that this is happening. Otherwise I get peevish and characters loose limbs or other important body parts Wink

2. Generally speaking your character is competent, and things that you are good at you can accomplish easily. Occasionally there will be tasks that I do a bit of dicing for and announce your success on - I will tend to inform you when those actions occur.

3. Keep all OOC posts to the appropriate thread, at the end of the day I'd like the adventure thread to read like a...well, maybe (slightly) disjointed story.

4. Feel free to introduce and describe aspects of the game world as long as you keep them thematically appropriate (e.g. if you're in a kitchen, feel free to leap on a counter, or grab up a knife, or pocket some meat. No need to seek GM approval for such) If you create a character o provide a personality to a character I created - just make sure it makes sense within the story. I will frown upon a xenos loving nobleman sweeping in to save you with all of his personal retainers, I will not begrudge you a greedy nobleman you manage to bribe with lies and clever wordplay to provide you minor help that puts him at little to no risk.

5. I am a petty and changeable child of whim - this is an all encompassing rule that will allow me to add or remove rules as I see fit to maintain the story flow and (hopefully) fair and fun for all.

6. To 'sign-up' for this roleplay, I am certainly fine with you calling 'dibs!' But the official sign up will be considered only upon presenting a finished character sheet *and* getting my approval for it.

Character Development

- Your core character concept is this - you are a member of the Kabal of the Flashing Blade.
- I would actually like one or more of you to be fairly high placed members in the Kabal (members of the Archon's Court, a Dracon, part of his personal bodyguard, a daughter or son, ect. ect.)
- It is also fine if you want to be a member of some obvious mercenary outfit (a Wych Cult, a Coven, a Scourge, a Hellion Ganger) but you are obligated to make sure that you have a solid reason to care about Flashing Blade (you can be a member of a hired Hellion Gang, for instance - but it should be a Hellion Gang that was, perhaps, founded by the Kabal or maybe was a prime recruitment source, or has served with them for centuries and the power of the Kabal and Gang are strongly connected - ect, ect, ect.)
- However, I would like no more than TWO members from non-Kabal sources - the core of the team should be Kabal members.
- Clever characters and stories may entice me to ignore any of the above limitations though. So if you think you can have a blast and roleplay a Grotesque really well...I'm all ears Wink

What I'll want to see in your character synopsis is the following;

Character Name: (self explanatory, I hope...if it isn't then I probably don't want you in my game...)

Age: (a bit of a can of worms, I'll admit, but probably fun to know - I leave it to each of you to make some personal calls on proper Eldar lifespans - just remember that being too old can definitely increase your need for life energy to stay at your trimmest)

Equipment: You'll have survived the destruction of the Raiding party and will probably need to scavenge, but feel free to list some personal effects and weapons you would have kept a hold onto here. Do you braind monofiliment wire in your hair? Are you never far from your Dark Lance? Do you have an elaborate helm?

Background: Tubeborn or True? Born into riches, or working up from the bottom? Give us some history, who is your character, what have they done, what were they known for in the Kabal, what was their relationship with Archon Elkthrae? I would also encourage you to think of what your character's thoughts are towards Eldar, specifically the Eldar of Biel Tann. Not that I'm saying they will show up but...y'know, just in case...

Unsettled Score: I want an enemy from you. Something from your past. A debt that went unsettled. An opponent who went unbeaten. A vow that has gone unfulfilled. No one is good enough to have a clean record, I want to know an unfinished bit of trouble that may come back to haunt your character - it can be someone within the Kabal, or without, or even back in distant Commoragh (because, certainly, Thor isn't taking you back there for the story...or is he Wink )

Personality: How would others describe your behavior? Cold, sarcastic, jovial, nervous, brave, foolhardy? How would your character describe himself?

Appearance: What does your character look like?

Skills: Finally - I want you to rank these skills in order of least to greatest. The skill at the top of the list is what your character is very best at, and few on this planet of mon'keigh are likely to be able to better him in this field. Conversely, the skill at the bottom is something your character is almost laughably bad at, and would probably harm himself and others if it was important and he had to do it.

Yeah, these might be used to affect dice rolls in the game for my own personal amusement.

For your ease in copy/pasta I'll list the skills, and then list them again behind a spoiler tag with brief explanations.

Academics
Alertness
Art
Athletics
Burglary
Deceit
Drive/Piloting
Endurance
Engineering/Science
Fists/Martial Arts
Guns
Intimidation
Investigation
Leadership
Might
Resolve
Stealth
Survival
Weapons

Spoiler:
[u]

Last edited by Thor665 on Wed Oct 10 2012, 22:16; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest)   The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03 2012, 06:01

Very keen for this but I gave a few questions around some character ideas... Will pm later when not on my phone

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest)   The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05 2012, 11:37

This looks very sparkly and very promising, Thor. Give me a day and I will start writing my character sheet! Very Happy

The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest) YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest)   The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05 2012, 19:39

Cool - just fyi to those making characters who don't want too much cross-over, I have received the first entry of an Incubi Klaivex focused on (wait for it...armed melee combat) I'm still working over it but my first glance says I rather like the character and he'll likely be included.

Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest)   The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05 2012, 22:20

Thor, I would love to join, but am in the process of unpacking, having just moved and all. I should be able to manage one post a week starting next Monday or thereabouts, but will probably need through the weekend before I would be able to post a character. Acceptable?

Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest)   The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06 2012, 05:40

I suspect that will work out - even if everyone, besides you, who has expressed interest zapped in a character right this instant and had them approved I'd still have 2 slots open.

Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest)   The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06 2012, 05:48

I would like to run a haemunculai, would that be acceptable thor?

Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest)   The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06 2012, 05:56

I'm not intrinsically against it, but to a certain degree Haems can be kind of like Succubi or Archons - and I'd be against one of those. So I'll be curious how the character works within the guidelines of "you are obligated to make sure that you have a solid reason to care about Flashing Blade"

Now, of course, "care" can mean a lot of things for DE, but I foresee that as the biggest hurdle.

Also, I'm prone to be sold by interesting characters and back stories.

Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest)   The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06 2012, 06:18

Well, the Archon died in the fight, correct? A haem that was the personal retainer of the archon would have likely been on the raid with the kabal. When the raid went sour, the haem wouldn't personally care about the flashing blade, but he would care about staying alive to see that the archon was reborn (or perhaps not so much as far as the reborn thing goes...), but to those ends would likely band together with other DE before turning to the humans...

Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest)   The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06 2012, 06:39

A personal retainer Haem does not fill me with dread or worry - I'll look forward to the character writeup.

Back to top Go down
soulthirster8
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest)   The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06 2012, 11:44

I'm thinking of a hulking rare breed of sslyth with six arms in the 13ft category who use to be the alpha in the courts sslyth bodyguards with a blood pact or something to bring back his master no mater the cost. Not something to meet in a dark ally at midnight.
I want criticisim here.

Last edited by soulthirster8 on Sun Oct 07 2012, 01:46; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest)   The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06 2012, 11:54

Also, I would just like to say thanks, Thor. I know that it hasn't started yet, but I can see that you have put a lot of effort into this.

The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest) YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest)   The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06 2012, 15:41

soulthirster8 wrote:
I'm thinking of a hulking rare breed of sslyth with six arms in the 10ft category who use to be the alpha in the courts sslyth bodyguards with a blood pact or something to bring back his master no mater the cost. Not something to meet in a dark ally at midnight.
I want criticisim here.
Why not just a regular Sslyth?

Back to top Go down
ravengoescaw
Heamonculi
ravengoescaw

PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest)   The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06 2012, 19:12

Two bodyguards with oaths to bring him back, could be interesting...

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t12640-band-of-the-unbending-thorn#142250

Still fighting the world and saving damsels in distress. ~Raven
Back to top Go down
ravengoescaw
Heamonculi
ravengoescaw

PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest)   The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06 2012, 22:34

Character Name: Venra Rhacho Klaivex

Equipment: His DemiKliave, Incubi Armour.

Background: It took him years to acquire the skills and weapon to challenge an Incubi. During this time he trained rigorlessly cutting out what little recreation that was in his life, learning to take joy in his kills nothing else. Finally after a trueborn with a venom blade challenged him, and losing in one strike. He finally decided he was ready. Then he watched and practiced. When he finally issued his challenge, he knew everything about this warriors moves, style and favored strikes. After a staring match with him focusing through the tormentor. The battle was a dance of killing strikes, each just missing or just parried. It was ended when his opponent twitched back to go for a decapitation, he lunged forward sliding a knife under the Incubi's helm. From there he took place in a raid against the eldar earning his place in the Incubi order. From there through duels, and other tests of skill, and raids, he earned the rank of Klaivex, with it his DemiKlaive. He is the head of the body guard unit for Archon of The Flashing Blade. His and his Incubi's loyalty is paid for for another five years. He is known for silently standing there watching, hardly moving, his Demiklaive in hand, waiting. Those who have tried to kill the upstart Archon have meet their death either to a flurry of strikes or a single cleaving blow. When ever his opinion is asked, he answers with a simple neutral tone, with tactical information only, never his personal opinion or feelings. He rarely interacts with others, beyond his Incubi unit. He personally thinks of eldar as pathetic, and dislikes the new fashion of inviting them on raids. But first and for most he is a killer, that will survive.

Personality: Most think cold statue, decoration when they talk about Venra. Except those who have seen his Demikliave draw blood. They talk about him as one would a deadly mantis. Though the conversations are short, little is known about him outside the Incubi temple. He doesn't talk about himself, ever.

Appearance: He is larger then most Dark Eldar. His Armor rigorlessly maintained from the black metal polished to a mirror shine, to each blade sharp enough to skin a mon-keigh without them feeling it. The lenses in his helmet are red mirrored, so none can see his eyes, as they drift around the room watching for anything out of place.

Skills: Finally -
Weapons
Alertness
Athletics
Might
Resolve
Leadership
Stealth
Endurance
Intimidation
Fists/Martial Arts
Survival
Art
Guns
Investigation
Deceit
Drive/Piloting
Burglary
Academics
Engineering/Science

Last edited by ravengoescaw on Tue Oct 09 2012, 03:14; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest)   The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07 2012, 01:07

Raven is approved, he did a full sheet but chose to edit out stuff he didn't think others would know about him.

I approve of such subtle maneuverings.

Back to top Go down
soulthirster8
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest)   The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07 2012, 03:14

I like personality in my guys. I didn't want to be just another sslyth.

Name: Verson Selathoni

Equipment: Dual wield splinter pistols, two handed spiked chainwhip, shardcarbine, ghostplate armour, fangs and tail.

Backround: The moment Verson Selathoni burst from his egg in the hatching chambers, the sslyth elders saw hatred in his eyes as they blinked into the twilight of the stolen suns. As soon as the meat hit the floor, Verson was moving. Any of his siblings that got in the way to the food were turned into puncturd copses as his fangs flashed crimson in the twilight. The survivors scattered, shaking with fear of their sibling. The elders waited for him to finish his fill and then lifted him from the pit. He was counted trully as a blessing that outweighed the loss of so many young.

Over the next few decades, he was subjected to exhausting physical treatment, survival in hostile environments, weapons training in every weapon that the sponsor kabal of the flashing blade had and more. The warriors life became all he knew. He never once begged for mercy or gave up. Instead, he responded with pure hate and malice.
Over the cource of his final training exams, he and the elders began to see sudden growth spurts when they should have finished and two stumps at the sides of his body. The elders knew well what it was. A rare occurance in sslyths that made them massive even for sslyths and an extra set of arms. He was to become a praeatorian sslyth. He soon loomed over the elders that had been towers to him in that hatching chamber

After the training was finished, archon Elkthrae had his eye grbbed by a massive sslyth when he was browsing for a new bodyguard. He certainly lacked subtlety but he looked like he could go toe to toe with a super-human mon-keigh or monstrous ork warlord and not only survive, but win. He and the others who Elkthrae picked versed each other in a combat arena to the death and soon, six bodies lie face down in the blooded sand either slashed apart by his monstrous chain whip, poisoned by his natural bite, constricted with a bone crushing tail or pepperd by spliner rounds.
It was that day that he entered the archons inner circle, acting as the largest of the guards and champions there were in the retinue and sighning a blood oath to protect the master no mater the cost.

Unsettled debt: Blood oath to bring back Elkthrae.

Personality: Verson is gruff, no nonsenses and down to the point. He is loyal to nobody except Elkthrae himself and the sslyth ancients. He is suspicious about everything and everyone. When he fights he dose it with cold, silent, methodical effciency that is terrifying beyond the roars of the crude races in realspace. A blur of whip, tail and fang. He stares at allcomers with baelful eyes and a hiss that makes everyone in the vicinity lower in rank to him whimper inwardly. When he does speak, its a slow, grinding and slightly irritated snarl of a voice that comes from a life of hate

Apperance: Verson wears ornate ghostplate the colour of Commoragh midnight forged by his ancestors and given to the most gifted and only them. It repels his combatants blows easily and absorbs light rather than reflect it. His scales are the color of near black with a hint of crimson. His eyes are frost blue and stand out in shocking contrast to his other atire. His chain whip goes into a backpack that can extend it up to seven metres in length and is nearly unbreakable.

Skills:
• Intimidation
• Fists/Martial arts
• Weapons
• Guns
• Might
• Athletics
• Endurance
• Alertness
• Investigation
• Leadership
• Survival
• Academics
• Resolve
• Burglary
• Deceit
• Stealth
• Engineering/Science
• Drive/ Piloting
• Art

Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest)   The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07 2012, 03:34

Argh! Stole my sslyth idea... Back to the drawing board

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest)   The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07 2012, 03:41

Razz at this rate, theres not going to be a single member of the actual kabal...

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest)   The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07 2012, 03:44

Sslyths are kabal as long as their payed. Smile
Back to top Go down
ravengoescaw
Heamonculi
ravengoescaw

PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest)   The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07 2012, 04:11

Hey thor said two none kabal.... Why do you think I hurried to get my char to him. Granted my Char is loyal to the kabal... for another five years. If there isn't an archon to renew the contract, not a moment longer......

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t12640-band-of-the-unbending-thorn#142250

Still fighting the world and saving damsels in distress. ~Raven
Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest)   The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07 2012, 05:06

true...

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest)   The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07 2012, 05:47

Same here with Verson.
Wait! Am I the second guy in? I'm confused.
Back to top Go down
ravengoescaw
Heamonculi
ravengoescaw

PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest)   The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07 2012, 06:01

soulthirster8 wrote:
Same here with Verson.
Wait! Am I the second guy in? I'm confused.

I believe you are. Do to your char not being in OCC. Did you PM your Char sheet to Thor? I PMed mine and did not put a post in the thread till I was accepted.
Back to top Go down
soulthirster8
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest)   The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07 2012, 09:14

Wait, tell me if I'm ametur but what does OCC mean. scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest)   The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest)
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next