THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

6th edition 1750 amylist/painting competition. What to bring?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
At'nak
Slave
At'nak

6th edition 1750 amylist/painting competition. What to bring? Empty
PostSubject: 6th edition 1750 amylist/painting competition. What to bring?   6th edition 1750 amylist/painting competition. What to bring? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03 2012, 14:33

Greetings.

I have decided to enter a painting competition at my local gaming club, it's a "speedpainting a 1750 pts army" competition
and I have decided to bring my Dark Eldar army with a color scheme inspired by the battle of Geonosis in the Attack of
the clones Star Wars movie. White armour with loads of weathering. Chipped paint, battledamage and dust. You name it.
But I want to use this army aswell since I am going to repaint most of my existing army.

So I am looking for a competative 1750 pts list which also look good at the gaming table. I have some miniatures already
but I can buy other stuff if it comes to that. I prefer a shooty army but I have been using vehicle busting Wyches and
an Archon with some Incubi and like them. So with that, here are the things I own:

1 Archon
5 Incubi
2 Battleforces
1 Raider
2 Ravagers
1 Razorwings
2 Venoms

I was thinking if I should buy a couple more Venoms, and a couple of boxes with Scourges. So I can get some Trueborn with
Blasters and Scourges with Haywire blasters for some more AT. Please give me your two cents.

EDIT:

Been doodling on a list for a couple of days now. Cant really make up my mind.
But so far it looks something like this:

Archon: Huskblade, Soultrap, Shadowfield, Phantasm grenade launcher, Cobat drugs.
5 Incubi: Raider (Dark lance, Night shields).

10 Warriors: 1 Splinter cannon, Raider (Dark lance, Splinter racks, Night shields).
5 Wyches: Hekatrix with Venomblade, Haywire grenades, Venom (2 Splinter cannons, Night shields).
5 Wyches: Hekatrix with Venomblade, Haywire grenades, Venom (2 Splinter cannons, Night shields).

9 Reaver Jetbikes: 3 Heatlances (Or 3 Caltrops?).
5 Scourges: 2 Haywire blasters.

Ravager: 3 Dark lances, Night shields.
Razorwing: Twin-linked splinter rifles, 2 Dark lances, 4 Monoscythe missiles, Night shields.

Another one with some other choices:

Archon: Huskblade, Soultrap, Shadowfield, Phantasm grenade launcher.
Haemonculi: Liquifier gun.
8 Incubi: Raider (Dark lance, Night shields).

10 Warriors: 1 Splinter cannon, Raider (Dark lance, Splinter racks, Night shields).

6 Reaver Jetbikes: 2 Heatlances.

Razorwing: Twin-linked splinter rifles, 2 Dark lances, 4 Monoscythe missiles, Flickerfields.

This one is actually 7 points over the point limit.

What do you think?

Last edited by At'nak on Sat Oct 06 2012, 23:53; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated list.)
Back to top Go down

6th edition 1750 amylist/painting competition. What to bring?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: