THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000 Point List

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zaakath
Hellion

2000 Point List Empty
PostSubject: 2000 Point List   2000 Point List I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04 2012, 06:18

Archon
-Drugs
-Shadow Field
-Agonizer (Been trying huskblade, but mixed reaction)
-Haywire Granades

Haemonculus
-Venom Blade

Haemonculus
-Venom Blade

Incubi [4]
-Venom
--Splinter Cannon

Trueborn [10]
-Blaster
-Splinter Cannon
-Shard Carbines
-Raider[/list]

Warriors [10]
-Blaster
-Splinter Cannon
-Raider
--Splinter Racks

Warriors [10]
-Blaster
-Splinter Cannon
-Raider
--Splinter Racks

Wyches [9]
-Hydra Gauntlets
-Haywire Grendades
-Hekatrix
-Agonizer
-Raider
--Gristly Trophies

Wyches [9]
-Hydra Gauntlets
-Haywire Grendades
-Hekatrix
-Agonizer
-Raider
--Gristly Trophies

Reavers [3]
-Cluster Caltrops

Reavers [3]
-Cluster Caltrops

Ravager
-Night Shields

Ravager
-Disintegrator x3
-Night Shields

Nightwing Fighter
-Splinter Cannon

Hey guys, I tried this list against a necron list consisting of the following:

Two destroyer lords, 3 squads of 15 warriors in Night Scythes, 3 squads of 6 Wraiths.

Played the Relic, Hammer and Anvil and I ended up winning. My question basically becomes... does it appear like a dick list? (More so than the 18 wraiths and 3 flyers at any rate?)

What changes would you guys make?

It is designed to pour shots down range, and there is, from the one game, some serious firepower behind it. I use a mix of Dark Lances and Disintegrators on the Raiders btw.
Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

2000 Point List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2000 Point List   2000 Point List I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04 2012, 08:23

He brought 3 flyers and 18 wraiths, you could bring 6 ravengers and still be less cheesy then him Smile

One thing I'd like to suggest is always add night shield to gunboats particularly against necrons.
One other suggestion is that maybe you should opt for scourges with cannons instead of your trueborn raider squad. It costs 15 more points, but you get more shots down range, you can move 12 and still fire 16 shots at full BS at a range of 36 inches( which is important since you want to kite the tar out of those wraiths and you need more space between you shooters and his wraiths than the 18 inches those carbines give you), since your going against gauss not tesala infantry may acctually be better to take. An alternative loadout would be 2 units of 3 trueborns with 2 cannons in venoms with extra canons, a cool 242 points for 48 shots at 36inches.
Back to top Go down
Zaakath
Hellion

2000 Point List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2000 Point List   2000 Point List I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04 2012, 15:19

That's pretty much what I thought too.

I need to stick the rest of my scourges together, try that out actually.

The Trueborn idea isn't bad at all either, I just only have 2 Venoms. A Third wouldn't hurt though I don't think.

Edit: So, I tried this list 3 times tonight:

First game vs IG with Marine allies:
- command squad with MoO, rocket launcher, medic chimera; psyker; 2 squads of vets one melta one plasma, one chimera, shrike with an assault squad, telion with a scout squad, vendetta, and a FW avenger, aegis line and a quad gun.
- I got torn to crap this game, a combo of forgetting rules, terribad rolls overall, lost the game.

Second game was vs Ravenwing DA (using normal Marine rules):
- 3 ten man bike squads with attackbike attached (combat squaded), cpt on bike, 2 vindicators, sternguard in a DP with 5 combi meltas with an attached librarian and a speeder.
- Night fighting was in effect and I completely wrecked him on the first turn; killed a whole squad of bikes, forced morale on 3 of them in which two of them fell off the board and one remaining attack bike was 1/2" from doing the same. He quit after my second movement when I had 90% of my army left to his ~50%.

Last game was vs IG:
- command squad with plasma and a chimera, 4 vet squads (2 plas/2 melta) in chimeras, two valkyries, 2 leman russ' and allied belial and two squads of termies.
- Game lasted much longer, but ended well; first turn shooting saw the demise of the termies (one DS) which was gotten by the reavers for a pain token. A stunned chimera and not much else. The lack of him killing anything helped greatly, and I multi-assaulted 3 chimeras via the two wyche squads and wrecked all three (no explosions thankfully), and it went in that vein for the rest of the game. Him killing a bit, me doing more.

All in all, I like the list so far. Trying to think of ways to get it down to 1850, any suggestions?

Please dont double post. If you want to add any infomation, please use the edit button -Your Friendly Neighborhood Mod SR-
Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

2000 Point List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2000 Point List   2000 Point List I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06 2012, 20:19

Sound like good games! IG are always tough for us.
Things I would drop to get to 1850.
1. Wych weapons such as your hydra gauntlets saves 20 points
2. switch agonizers to venomblades saves 45 points (you may want to keep the archon's agonizer or switch to lady malys. She makes you incubi immune to psychers and has 8 ap3 attacks on the charge. Just something to think about Very Happy )
3. the blasters and splinter cannons on the warrior squads saves 50 points(I'd suggest reinvesting 20 of them to give them both nightshields.)
4. combine your two small reaver squads into one six man squad and drop one of the CC for 20 points.
5. Drop the splinter cannon on the razorwing to save another 10(it's nice to give them FF so they don't have to jink so maybe put thos points there instead).
6.The easiest way to get the points cost down without effecting your firepower too much would be to switch the shardborn to either another warrior squad with splinter racks, a 5 man squad of scourges with cannons, or the 3 trueborn with cannons in a double cannon venom.
Cheers! Keep kicking butt and taking names!
Back to top Go down
Zaakath
Hellion

2000 Point List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2000 Point List   2000 Point List I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07 2012, 03:05

Thanks mate;

I've been considering doing some 5 man warrior squads in venoms. Dropping the incubi for them, plus dropping one squad of reavers, though I like the idea of a slightly larger squad.

Will give more info when I get the chance!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

2000 Point List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2000 Point List   2000 Point List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000 Point List
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-