THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

BR4 DE v Necron

Go down 
+3
Mushkilla
Bibitybopitybacon
Steffo
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Steffo
Hellion
Steffo

BR4 DE v Necron Empty
PostSubject: BR4 DE v Necron   BR4 DE v Necron I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05 2012, 02:33

Hey guys, really enjoyed this game.

MY list

1 Archon SF, VB, HW

4 Grots, aberation, VB, Raider, NS(Archon here)

5 wyches HW Venom , nightshields, SC
7 wyches HW Raider, nightshields, SC

9 Reavers 3 HL, Arena Champ VB
9 Reavers 3 HL, Arena Champ VB

1 Ravager, NS

His List:
1 Overlord, warscythe, CCB
2 Harbingers of destruction

4 Wraiths, 2 whip coils
Triarch Stalker

6 Immortals, gause, night scythe
6 Immortals, gause, night scythe
6 Necron Warriors Ghost arc(1 Harbinger here)
6 Necron Warriors Ghost arc(1 Harbinger here)

1 Annihilation Barge
1 Annihilation Barge

Mission: Crusade, 3 objectives, they are the white trees on the map
Deployment: Dawn of War
Special rules: Night fighting turn 1
Combat drugs: 3 +1 strength
Warlord traits: Mine was useless, his was his warlord is scoring
I got first turn

Deployment

BR4 DE v Necron 1500_d10

DE Turn 1
BR4 DE v Necron 1500_d11

I moved the venoms up and opened fired at the wraiths, only managing 2 wounds killing one...facepalm.

The ravager open up at the ghost arc and as expected wiffed, the gunner had an all nighter last night with a wyche and was a bit groggy.

Everything else moved up into position ready to pounce on turn 2.

Necron Turn 1
BR4 DE v Necron 1500_d12

Ghost arc 1 move closer and rapid fired on the reavers killing 3

The CCB advanced towards the reavers and fired its gause cannon at them killing another 1.

Ghost arc 2 glided around the tower so it could rapid fire the ravers and killed two.

The Triarch stalker beam and melta death spectacularly and easily explodes the grots raider, the grots and archon bundling out into the crater.

Both annihilation barges wiffing take aim and fail to pen or glance anything.

Dark Eldar turn 2
BR4 DE v Necron 1500_d13

The Reavers squad 1 exploded the ghost arc with heat lances....(FIRST VEHICLE KILL IN 4 GAMES WITH MY REAVERS), killing 4 warriors in the explosion but 3 get back up doh. The Reavers then failed to assault the surviving warriors leaving them awfully exposed to a counter.

The ravagers gunner explodes the catacomb command barge in a rare display of dedication..(he was clearly trying to impress a wyche).

The two venoms move 6 inchs and both wych squads disembark, the venoms then shoot and kill the necron overlord but he gets back up for the first time.

The two units of 5 wyches throw haywires at the stalker but they both miss, they then charge and three die to overwatch, the haywires cause the stalker to explode killing another 4 wyches.

The grots assault the wraiths and even with whip coils do 5 wounds killing two and taking no wounds in return.

The raider jumps over the wall and the 7 wyches disembark, throw their haywire doing a glance, then assaulting and wrecking the ghost arc

The third venom jumps 12 inches over firing at the disembarked warriors, not doing anything.

Reaver squad two destroys the tesla cannon the annihilation barge 1.

Necron turn 2
BR4 DE v Necron 1500_d14

One night scythe comes on drops the immortals in front of the ravager, and then shoots and wrecks the venom.

The immortals fail to do anything to the ravager

The warriors rapid fire at the exposed reavers killing all but 1.

The other warrior squad fire at venom 1 but only do one glance.

Annihilation barge 1 kill two reavers.

Annihilation barge 2 kills two wyches who flee.

The grots and archon finish off the last wraith.

Dark Eldar turn 3
BR4 DE v Necron 1500_d20

The Ravager moves flat out to avoid those immortals.

Venom 3 shoots at the warriors killing 3

Two wyches move up and grenade the warriors killing 2 who don't get up then assault the remaining harbringer, killing it.

Two wyches move up towards the middle objective.

The raider misses the overlord with its dark lance

The reaver fires his heat lance at the overlord killing it, however it gets back up again.

The Grots Kill the annihilation barge.

The Reavers wiff against the other annihilation barge.

The squad of 4 wyches rally.

The squad of 5 wyches in Venom 1 disembark, the venom then fires at the necron warriors and the wyche squad throws plasma and shoots at the warriors then assaults the remaining three, two wyches die to overwatch, he makes all his saves and i lose two wyches in return they fail their leadership and flee.

Necron turn 3

BR4 DE v Necron 1500_d15

The second night scythe comes in and fires at the venom, wiffing.

The other night scythe moves 18 and picks up the overlord before firing at the reaver squad killing all but one causing them to flee.

The Necron warrior squad fails to do anything against the venom.

The immortals fire at the ravager again failing to do anything.

The annihilation barge wiffs.

Dark Eldar turn 4
BR4 DE v Necron 1500_d16

The two wyches move and run around the tower ready to move onto the objective next turn.

The ravager, venom and reaver melta shoot at the immortals reducing them to 3, the grots then make a 10 inch charge to finish them off.

The other wyche squad moves down towards the bottom middle objective.

The raider fails to hit the annihilation barge.

Venom 1 wiffs

Necron turn 4
BR4 DE v Necron 1500_d17

Night scythe 1 drops its immortals on the middle objective and wipe out the resident wych squad.

The annihilation barge explodes the venom.

The harbringer with the warriors explodes the other venom.

Dark Eldar turn 5
BR4 DE v Necron 1500_d18

The wyche of two move into range of the right objective.

The wyche squad of 4 just fail to make the bottom middle objective.

The Grots move and run to contest the middle objective.

The Lone Reaver moves down behind the ravager.

Necron turn 5
BR4 DE v Necron 1500_d19

The annihilation barge wipes out the wyche squad.

The immortals kill a grot.

The night scythe with the overlord moves off the board.

The game ends

Necron: First Blood 1
Dark Eldar: Objective 3, warlord 1, linebreaker 1 = 5

Last edited by Steffo on Mon Oct 08 2012, 02:34; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

BR4 DE v Necron Empty
PostSubject: Re: BR4 DE v Necron   BR4 DE v Necron I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05 2012, 05:42

Good game! bad luck with the stalker blowing up.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

BR4 DE v Necron Empty
PostSubject: Re: BR4 DE v Necron   BR4 DE v Necron I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05 2012, 07:54

Great game. Nice to see another victory against the old enemy.

Time for my token reaver tip.

Quote :

Dark Eldar turn 2

The Reavers squad 1 exploded the ghost arc with heat lances, killing 4 warriors in the explosion but 3 get back up.

You had two other options worth considering after destroying the ghost arc.

Use the Eldar Jetbike Move in the assault phase, 2d6" could have potentially got your reavers behind that tower on the bottom right. Not sure if it was LoS blocking but if it was it could have kept them safe.

OR

Assault the surviving necron warriors. In their area terrain they would have gone first, however you would have got some hammer of wrath hits in at I10. Looked like a winnable combat considering you had the +1S drug.

A solid victory thanks for sharing (I have added the report to the sticky as per usual). Smile

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Steffo
Hellion
Steffo

BR4 DE v Necron Empty
PostSubject: Re: BR4 DE v Necron   BR4 DE v Necron I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05 2012, 09:25

I forgot to mention that i failed to charge those necron warriors with those reavers on my turn 2.

I will edit that failed charge into my report.

The question came up whether i could use my 2d6 assault move after a failed assault, the rules under jetbikes didn't seem that clear. We decided that they probably couldn't since it didn't seem right.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

BR4 DE v Necron Empty
PostSubject: Re: BR4 DE v Necron   BR4 DE v Necron I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05 2012, 09:45

Steffo wrote:
I forgot to mention that i failed to charge those necron warriors with those reavers on my turn 2.

I will edit that failed charge into my report.
Thought it was a bit odd that they just sat there. That was unlucky. Not as bad as the haywire explosion killing the wyhces. Smile

Quote :

The question came up whether i could use my 2d6 assault move after a failed assault, the rules under jetbikes didn't seem that clear. We decided that they probably couldn't since it didn't seem right.
That's the same way I play it. As it makes sense (I believe that is how it was in 5th ed).

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Nappen
Kabalite Warrior
Nappen

BR4 DE v Necron Empty
PostSubject: Re: BR4 DE v Necron   BR4 DE v Necron I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05 2012, 14:02

Nice game and looked fun. Necrons can be very frustrating with the "get back up" portion of every turn.
Back to top Go down
Blind_Baku
Kabalite Warrior
Blind_Baku

BR4 DE v Necron Empty
PostSubject: Re: BR4 DE v Necron   BR4 DE v Necron I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05 2012, 17:05

WOW That game looked like a lot of fun! Looks like you managed to keep you force very fluid and adapt to the situation pretty well the whole game. Keep up the good work!
Back to top Go down
Steffo
Hellion
Steffo

BR4 DE v Necron Empty
PostSubject: Re: BR4 DE v Necron   BR4 DE v Necron I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06 2012, 03:31

Quote :

Bibybopitybacon
Good game! bad luck with the stalker blowing up.

I lost 7 wyches just charging that stalker, wasn't pretty.

Quote :

Nappen
Necrons can be very frustrating with the "get back up" portion of every turn.

That necron overlord just wouldn't die.

Quote :

Blind_Baku
WOW That game looked like a lot of fun! Looks like you managed to keep you force very fluid and adapt to the situation pretty well the whole game. Keep up the good work!

This was the first game were it felt like i wasn't on the back foot, and i was in control hunting down my prey. Was very satisfying having the plan work out.

The reaver squad on the left still did absolutely nothing, i did make the mistake of misplacing them so that the night scythe could killed them and cause them to flee.

The grots were just awesome tho, so strong in the center, and with the objectives so close together in the middle i could control that area well.

My ravager also had its one moment of glory unhorsing the overload from the command barge, then it went back to being a party boat doing nothing lol.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

BR4 DE v Necron Empty
PostSubject: Re: BR4 DE v Necron   BR4 DE v Necron I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07 2012, 11:25

Steffo wrote:

This was the first game were it felt like i wasn't on the back foot, and i was in control hunting down my prey. Was very satisfying having the plan work out.

That's always a good feeling. Smile

Steffo wrote:

The grots were just awesome tho, so strong in the center, and with the objectives so close together in the middle i could control that area well.

I'm really liking the way you use grots, they are an under appreciated unit that can really lay down the pain.

Steffo wrote:

My ravager also had its one moment of glory unhorsing the overload from the command barge, then it went back to being a party boat doing nothing lol.

One of the reasons I don't run them, I can imagine with dissies on the other hand they are absolutely lethal.

Back to top Go down
Steffo
Hellion
Steffo

BR4 DE v Necron Empty
PostSubject: Re: BR4 DE v Necron   BR4 DE v Necron I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07 2012, 22:13

Quote :

Mushkilla
I'm really liking the way you use grots, they are an under appreciated unit that can really lay down the pain.

Thanks i was honestly scared of those wraiths, i thought they would beat my grots. The best thing about the grots is they can pound vehicles as well. I have rat orges from my skaven days that i will convert using some talos extras. I just need a reason to get a talos.

Quote :

Mushkilla
One of the reasons I don't run them, I can imagine with dissies on the other hand they are absolutely lethal.

Yea but i can't justify taking any AI as the only things i ever have trouble with is mech, with my current list every unit can threaten mech.

Do you think my writing is a bit too simplified? Would it add to the report if i added some volume and gave a bit more description?

Last edited by Steffo on Mon Oct 08 2012, 13:15; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

BR4 DE v Necron Empty
PostSubject: Re: BR4 DE v Necron   BR4 DE v Necron I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08 2012, 12:35

Steffo wrote:

Do you think my writing is a bit too simplified? Would it add to the report if i added some volume and gave a bit more description?

I think simple is good, I find I put too much information down personally, which slows down the action a bit. I like going into a bit more detail when I think something notable happened like seven S3 hammer of wrath hits killing 3-4 marines, or a random thing like the number of times necrons gets right back up. At the same time you don't want to be taking so many notes that it slows down the game, at the end of the day the game comes first the report second.

Hope that helps. Smile

Back to top Go down
Blind_Baku
Kabalite Warrior
Blind_Baku

BR4 DE v Necron Empty
PostSubject: Re: BR4 DE v Necron   BR4 DE v Necron I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08 2012, 13:37

Steffo wrote:

The reaver squad on the left still did absolutely nothing, i did make the mistake of misplacing them so that the night scythe could killed them and cause them to flee.

Even with a lost reaver squad and the Ravager crew being semi-coherant the whole game (you really need to hire a new crew and send the rest to the arenas...) You did very well.

Your comment about being on the back foot reminded me of something I read over the weekend in the book of the 5 rings. Not 100% applicable but Musashi talks about just owning your enemy, mind and body. I recommend it for a quick read, take what is useful and toss the rest.
Back to top Go down
Squierboy
Kabalite Warrior
Squierboy

BR4 DE v Necron Empty
PostSubject: Re: BR4 DE v Necron   BR4 DE v Necron I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08 2012, 22:08

Well won, despite all that anti-infantry fire you had to suck up. I'm noticing more and more that games can be won even when losing the majority (or even all) of your troops - secondary objectives are very important to remember and go for.

On ravagers, I think taking 2 or 3 is the way to go - commit fully to them and they'll do alright. Unfortunately your's was on the run a lot - I do wonder why it didn't seem to take any shots in your last turn or two though (maybe I just missed that on reading it through), as those anni-barges were still going strong. I think the gunners had been on the lash, personally... drunken

Did you find the night shields useful? They were on all the vehicles and I would like to think they saved your bacon on occasion!

Back to top Go down
Steffo
Hellion
Steffo

BR4 DE v Necron Empty
PostSubject: Re: BR4 DE v Necron   BR4 DE v Necron I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08 2012, 22:44

Quote :

Blind_Baku
Even with a lost reaver squad and the Ravager crew being semi-coherant the whole game (you really need to hire a new crew and send the rest to the arenas...) You did very well.

Thanks maybe something is beginning to sink in, I sent them all the to arena each given a dark lance and they had to shoot down 100 guardsmen armed with plastic butter knives, before the guardsmen got to them. A few guardsmen died but none of the ravager crew survived the buttery swarm.

Quote :

Squierboy
Well won, despite all that anti-infantry fire you had to suck up. I'm noticing more and more that games can be won even when losing the majority (or even all) of your troops - secondary objectives are very important to remember and go for.

Yea i pretty much have to use my fast to either contest the objectives and win on the secondary. The games move quite quickly tho with so much happening on turn 1 or 2 due to my speed and aggression, that either be tabling or being table by my opponent is quite a valid option.

Quote :

Squierboy
On ravagers, I think taking 2 or 3 is the way to go - commit fully to them and they'll do alright.

I usually run two but between them they maybe killed one vehicle over the game, they just cant be relied on with my rolling, dropping haywire wyches on a vehicle i can be almost sure that i will bring it down. When things dont do to plan for DE the punishment is usually harsh.

Quote :

Squierboy
Unfortunately your's was on the run a lot - I do wonder why it didn't seem to take any shots in your last turn or two though (maybe I just missed that on reading it

The necron player rolled terribly bad for his pen and glances with those barges, but he was shooting those wyches and venoms mainly because he knows i cant roll on the ravager so doesn't bother, i knocked the tesla cannon off one barge on turn 2 i think as well lol.

Quote :

Squierboy
Did you find the night shields useful? They were on all the vehicles and I would like to think they saved your bacon on occasion!

In BR2 i played vs necrons without night-shields and i wont do it again since i was 2 wounds off being tabled. Night-shields are a must.

Especially because i am boosting close and most of their army is rapid fire gause, so i drastically reduce the shots against me and put others out of range, it is a must have.
Back to top Go down
Squierboy
Kabalite Warrior
Squierboy

BR4 DE v Necron Empty
PostSubject: Re: BR4 DE v Necron   BR4 DE v Necron I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10 2012, 17:36

Steffo wrote:
The necron player rolled terribly bad for his pen and glances with those barges, but he was shooting those wyches and venoms mainly because he knows i cant roll on the ravager so doesn't bother, i knocked the tesla cannon off one barge on turn 2 i think as well lol.

Lol, past miserable performances seem to have given your opponent the confidence to ignore the ravager. Actually, I was asking you why the ravager itself didn't shoot in the final turns. I know you're unlucky with it, but you never know...

Back to top Go down
Furious_george_ii
Slave
Furious_george_ii

BR4 DE v Necron Empty
PostSubject: Re: BR4 DE v Necron   BR4 DE v Necron I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10 2012, 21:54

Great bat rep, a real 'page turner'.

I've tried ravagers, wyches, and blaster warriors for AT, but ravagers and blasters seem too unreliable, wyches are great, but it hurts using a troop choice as suicide AT.

Still searching for that unit / playstyle to crack that nut...
Back to top Go down
Steffo
Hellion
Steffo

BR4 DE v Necron Empty
PostSubject: Re: BR4 DE v Necron   BR4 DE v Necron I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10 2012, 22:42

Quote :

Squierboy
Actually, I was asking you why the ravager itself didn't shoot in the final turns. I know you're unlucky with it, but you never know...

O my apologies, i obviously lack basic comprehension skills lol.

On the second last turn the ravager shot at the immortal which is in the report but i just group it with everything that shot those immortals.

On the last turn i forgot to write what it shot at but it didn't do anything(no surprises), i probably took a crack at the last barge to no avail.

Quote :

Furious_george_li
I've tried ravagers, wyches, and blaster warriors for AT, but ravagers and blasters seem too unreliable, wyches are great, but it hurts using a troop choice as suicide AT.

Yea that's the thing, those wyches will take down a vehicle but once there out they will drop like flies if shot at, Mushkilla has had some success keeping bigger squads alive using the crater from the raider and PGL on the heka. I am just spamming alot of wyche bombs because if i don't kill those ghost arcs it is bad, they are too devastating being able to shoot against 3 targets a turn.

Have troops to win games seems to be less of an impact on your ability to win games in 6th, even in objective games. DE seem to be able to have no troops and still contest all the objectives, getting linebreaker easily, and even getting the warlord isn't that difficult and that's the game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

BR4 DE v Necron Empty
PostSubject: Re: BR4 DE v Necron   BR4 DE v Necron I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BR4 DE v Necron
Page 1 of 1