THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

automatic hits?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gunnerboy1607
Kabalite Warrior
gunnerboy1607

automatic hits? Empty
PostSubject: automatic hits?   automatic hits? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15 2012, 13:14

ok, so im having one of those days where my 40k magic disappears, and nearly every rule to me does not make sense or i start forgetting how they work properly...

but i have a question about weapons that inflicts an "auto hit" on models...for example vector striking (lets use the awesome new heldrake model). it inflicts D3+1, str 7 hits. now my question is lets say it:

1.) u vector strike a squad of something, and lets say u get 3 str 7 hits...do you still have to roll to wound? or its an instant 3 str 7 wounds?

i know it may seem stupid, but a quick reminder would be awesome Smile thanks

Arena Champion
Mushkilla

automatic hits? Empty
PostSubject: Re: automatic hits?   automatic hits? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15 2012, 13:18

Easy, it says "auto hits", it doesn't say "auto wounds". So you don't have to roll to hit, but you do have to roll to wound. Hope that clears it up for you. Smile

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
foeofnight
Hellion
foeofnight

automatic hits? Empty
PostSubject: Re: automatic hits?   automatic hits? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15 2012, 15:21

They work just like our bladevane attacks on the jetbikes. You get the hits and the strength value is listed so that you can roll to wound. Another example is a flamer. Get x hits but the strength value is there so you can see how many of those hits wound your target.

So in your example the vector strike gets 3 hits at STR 7 and then would need to roll to wound to see how many wounds are caused.
Back to top Go down
gunnerboy1607
Kabalite Warrior
gunnerboy1607

automatic hits? Empty
PostSubject: Re: automatic hits?   automatic hits? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15 2012, 23:14

Ok thank you very much!! It was such a nooby basic question but thanks for the help Smile really appreciate it.

automatic hits? Empty
PostSubject: Re: automatic hits?   automatic hits? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

automatic hits?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: