THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Voyage to ToS (1500 Army Log)

Go down 
+3
Bibitybopitybacon
Gobsmakked
Sky Serpent
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

Voyage to ToS (1500 Army Log) Empty
PostSubject: Voyage to ToS (1500 Army Log)   Voyage to ToS (1500 Army Log) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15 2012, 17:50

Right.

I have a tournament coming up (Throne of Skulls in November) in four weeks and am sick of going to tournaments with half painted, rubbish lists. In this project log I'll be focusing on starting and completing a 1500 list as well as all the added gubbins. You'll see my army list next as well as what needs to be made etc.

What I need from you all is some shouting and a few lashes of the Agoniser to encourage me to complete this army in time. Anyway, here goes.....

SKY SERPENTS 1500

Duke Sliscus The Serpent, 150pts

3 Kabalite Trueborn, 3 Blasters
Venom, additional Splinter cannon, 146pts

3 Kabalite Trueborn, 3 Blasters
Venom, additional Splinter cannon, 146pts

9 Kabalite Warriors
Raider, Enhanced aethersails, Splinter racks, 156pts

9 Kabalite Warriors
Raider, Splinter racks, 151pts

5 Kabalite Warriors
Venom, additional Splinter cannon, 110pts

5 Wyches, Haywire grenades
Raider, 120pts

5 Wyches, Haywire grenades
Raider, 120pts

Ravager, 105pts

Razorwing Jetfighter, 145pts

And that's the list. It's based on all my trial and error since 6th came out. Now, how much of it is ready?

Duke = Needs finishing converting and painting.
Trueborn 1 = finished converted, need painting. Venom needs a lot of work.
Trueborn 2 = I'm considering scrapping and starting over, Venoms needs making!
Warriors 1 = Half painted, Raider built and needs painting.
Warriors 2 = Both them and their Raider need making!
Warriors 3 = Warriors and Venom need fixing. Need painting.
Wyches 1 = Need fixing. Need painting.
Wyches 2 = Need fixing. Need painting.
Ravager = A lot of fixing and painting.
Razorwings = Need painting.

10 Pain Tokens = Need making.
6 Objectives = Need making.
7 Destroyed vehicle templates = Making.

So... a lot to do... Pictures coming soon.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Voyage to ToS (1500 Army Log)   Voyage to ToS (1500 Army Log) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15 2012, 19:53

Sky Serpent wrote:
I have a tournament coming up (Throne of Skulls in November) in four weeks ..... how much of it is ready?

Duke = Needs finishing converting and painting.
Trueborn 1 = finished converted, need painting. Venom needs a lot of work.
Trueborn 2 = I'm considering scrapping and starting over, Venoms needs making!
Warriors 1 = Half painted, Raider built and needs painting.
Warriors 2 = Both them and their Raider need making!
Warriors 3 = Warriors and Venom need fixing. Need painting.
Wyches 1 = Need fixing. Need painting.
Wyches 2 = Need fixing. Need painting.
Ravager = A lot of fixing and painting.
Razorwings = Need painting.

10 Pain Tokens = Need making.
6 Objectives = Need making.
7 Destroyed vehicle templates = Making.

So... a lot to do...

So we shouldn't expect to see much of you of you over the next few weeks, that's what you are really saying? Very Happy

That is quite a lot of work Sky, but I also think that it is doable. Just. I have 5 vehicles and a couple of squads to get done in the next two weeks myself, it will be nice to eventually not have to scramble painting before each tournie Evil or Very Mad

Good luck, looking forward to some updates. We shall prepare some slings and arrows for any apparent lapses!

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: Voyage to ToS (1500 Army Log)   Voyage to ToS (1500 Army Log) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15 2012, 23:07

Sky.... I'm shocked. You're gay for Sliscus, yet you haven't finished a conversion for him yet? You should finish that one first before he starts thinking you're cheating on him with another model.
Good luck with the rest of the work though! Looks like a load! What are you planning on making pain tokens out of?
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Voyage to ToS (1500 Army Log)   Voyage to ToS (1500 Army Log) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16 2012, 00:41

Bibitybopitybacon wrote:
Sky.... I'm shocked. You're gay for Sliscus, yet you haven't finished a conversion for him yet? You should finish that one first before he starts thinking you're cheating on him with another model.

As in "partially gay for Sliscus"? Or, perhaps "bi-curious for Sliscus" until you finish that conversion sir! Razz
An ambitious list for a month, we all look forward to pictures Twisted Evil

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Agahnim
Hellion
Agahnim

PostSubject: Re: Voyage to ToS (1500 Army Log)   Voyage to ToS (1500 Army Log) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20 2012, 21:47

Thank you for your kind words Sky Serpent, I enjoyed the conversation; I hope my thoughts are of some help. Throne of Skulls is a pretty big deal, best of luck.

So I take it you're forgoing allies? If Eldar an option, that changes things - relying on 6 troop slots of Jetbikes and Wave Serpents gives surprising leeway to cram in Jets and Beasts everywhere, and you can still bring Duke Sliscus the Pimptastic.

Otherwise I feel like Reavers are the best way to enjoy that drug re-roll. As Mushkilla pointed out to me, Skilled Rider and Jink stack, so they're constantly getting 4+ (or 3+ flat out) cover. Since my initial games with Wyches I've been sorely disappointed by them - while the loss of Blasters mattered more in 5th when de-meching was everything, the Wych Weapon changes hurt them most in 6th. You could totally tarpit with an Agonizer before, but now, even if you make it to combat, you're getting hit on a 4+ not a 5+ and combat res kills since you aren't Fearless.

tl;dr all of my Wyches are converted with 2 CCW to be Wracks. I strongly recommend against them in ToS.

I like Heavy Support. I think Ravagers work well with Sliscus because you can Deep Strike it and shoot everything because of Aerial Assault.

I feel Venoms got subtly weaker in 6th. 2 Hull Points and Jink means turn 2 onwards Raiders are completely better, but because of our speed and the 25% criteria for cover, it's a lot easier to start somewhere safe and pop out, only to angle for some Disintegrator shots that the enemy gets no cover against. I've had a lot of games in 6th change direction because somebody moved in such a way as to allocate to a special weapon or sergeant and neuter a squad with one failed Look Out Sir! using proximity allocation and focused fire. Other armies who are slower or lack AP2 can't take advantage of that quite as well, so I'd consider Raiders with Disintegrators over Venoms nowadays.

Trueborn seem like the best place to take Splinter Cannons. The old Wych Cult throwback of Elite choice warriors in cover with 2 Lances/Splinter Cannons seems like the best use for them. I might consider just running those reavers though.

Why not try:

Duke Sliscus, the pimplord who has all the best combat drugs and gets scrubbed down by his concubines 150

3 Trueborn, 2 Splinter Cannons 56
Raider, Dark Lance 120

3 Trueborn, 2 Splinter Cannons 56
Raider, Dark Lance 120

5 Warriors, Blaster
Raider, Disintegrator 120

5 Warriors, Blaster

5 Warriors, Blaster

5 Warriors, Blaster

5 Warriors, Blaster

6 Reavers, 2 Blasters 162

Ravager, 105pts

Ravager, 105pts (needed 40 points to free up)

So now you have ample ways to use all of the Duke's Dirty Deeds. The Trueborn (probably) won't survive, but whichever one he joins gets 12 3+ poison shots. You have plenty of vehicles to deep strike, and in fact I'd consider running at least 2 raiders empty, and reserving those warriors to walk onto your home objectives later. Reavers get a re-roll to try for a Pain Token, and they can zip around and be pretty decent attackers at 1500, especially with those blasters - you can Bladevane over something 12", park behind it, and then finish it off with Blasters if it REALLY needs to be dead. Plenty of anti-infantry - if you're worried about Orks just focus them down one squad at a time, you're fast enough to scoot out of the way. People underestimate Bladevanes' utility, as not only can you split fire between units, you can "shoot" during flat-out movement.

Also, a hobby suggestion - I offer those too sometimes; do you know anyone with corsairs? I'm rather fond of the one with crossed arms, and there's that serpent banner too... img3.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/2ur39niwg7a.jpg is my favorite on GIS, I'd love to see how he turned out.

My advice, FWIW, please use what you need.
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Voyage to ToS (1500 Army Log)   Voyage to ToS (1500 Army Log) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21 2012, 14:18

No pictures yet folks though I hope to have some done by the end of the day, where are all the dastardly whips for not doing anything in the last week? 3 weeks now....

When I say Duke is nearly finished, he is, it's just a few bits and pieces that need sorting out, adding baubles etc.

Thanks for all of your suggestions and advice Aga. I think it's too late to change my list now but I'll use your input regarding building the list upwards. I'll dissect my list alongside your ideas to give you more of an idea how I reached this list.
First and foremost, I am a fluffy player who enjoys theming armies and converting every model, yet still trying to remain competitive. I don't think I'll play with the idea of allies unless they're Eldar in which case it would be easy to thematically place them in the list. (Of course there's a reason and a way to include any ally in any army, Nob Bikers? A Blood Axe mercenary biker clan who's joining Sliscus fer a good scrap! Chaos Daemons? The Haemonculus Ji'xeth's latest offerings...)
Reavers are something I've been following for a while, their denial capabilties are not to be sniffed at and many a time have I looked at including them, going upwards I think I just might...
Wyches, I've always loved them, they're fluffy for the list and I find the two units in Raiders are quite nice. They're a hangover from 5th and used to be full units but the Raiders allow me two more options for anti tank, greater survivability and allow cheap cover if needed for my other vehicles. They're expendable, they can dart across the board, sneak up the side. They're essential to my plans and also can be thrown away and traded if need be.
As for Disintegrators I can't get my head around them, there's still so many vehicles on the scene in the UK and that doesn't look like changing, that's why I want to stay Dark Lance. Splinter spam is stale I know but I find I can drop units if needed whereas massed darklight drops TEQ.
As for deep striking, Ive never done, can't imagine doing it either, I did it right at the start of the new edition, worked a few times dropping a Ravager onto a Vehicles rear but I like to have as much on the board as possible for target saturation. I experimented with 3 Razorwings and found 2 is the sweet number, I love the fact I can bring them in together and drop a horde a turn. My issues are the nakedness of the army, lack of flickers and nightshields but I dont know what to drop.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Blind_Baku
Kabalite Warrior
Blind_Baku

PostSubject: Re: Voyage to ToS (1500 Army Log)   Voyage to ToS (1500 Army Log) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22 2012, 13:52

I have to say I REALLY Like Agahnim's list. The original seems nice enough but I've not seen as good a return as I would like for my Splinter shots.

The only thing I would think to add I write off a personal Preferences (NS) that I know can be a hot topic issue (I read a post of Agahnim's on the topic so I know we are of differing camps here and I don't wish to side rail the conversation of the list above). If you were interested in getting those into the list you could drop the Reaver's Blasters down to Heatlances, which would atleast cover the Ravagers (if quick math is correct) and still keeps most of the "Killieness" of the list, though it means your Reavers will have to be more daring.

For your original list, the best I can come up with is that you'd have to sack a warrior or two from various places to get some form of shielding on the boats, and I am not sure if that works in the end for what you want.

I assume the list Deepstikes (to be fluffy and all)
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Voyage to ToS (1500 Army Log)   Voyage to ToS (1500 Army Log) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22 2012, 16:29

a very decent list Sky. My one suggestion is that the second group of 9 warriors feels alittle out of place. I know the first one is for duke, but what is the point for the second one??? you could get almost the same out of the usual 5 man warior venom squad (except for the exchange of dark lance for blaster ofc) and use the point elsewhere, like maybe 2 more wyches? (Ive found that 6 seems to be the perfect number for haywiring even 4 HPs to death.)

As for Agahmin's comments you make some interesting musing comparing venoms to dissie raiders. I still feel that venoms pull ahead due to flickerfields base (I know with jink and all its almost useless, but a save against a baleflamer now and then is a good thing) and the wound potential. It is a good discussion though and I think should be brought up some other time.

Also Ive found wyches have changed places now. No longer are they the tarpit of old (you can still build them for that, but so many rule changes hurt their potential in that goal). I find they work best as AT options. Haywire might as well be the end all be all tank killer, and with non walkers being hit on 3s at worse, wyches rip through them like butter. They are cheap enough to unlock another tank, and still deadly enough to things that need to die (say... a land raider or even the humble chimera)

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Voyage to ToS (1500 Army Log)   Voyage to ToS (1500 Army Log) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Voyage to ToS (1500 Army Log)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Project Logs
-
Jump to: