THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Structure of The Kabals

Go down 
+4
Urien_Rakarth
Spanna uv Komor-AAAGH!
Xelkireth
Torpedo Vegas
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

Structure of The Kabals  Empty
PostSubject: Structure of The Kabals    Structure of The Kabals  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09 2011, 04:38

Branching from my Eldar database thread, here's a run down on how a Kabal works from what I have found.

Command Pyramid:

Archon
Mercenaries, Hirelings, Archon's Court , etc

Dracons
Trueborn
Sybarites
Warriors

Slaves, workers, servants

The Archon is at the head of the Kabal, handling in the theory all military and civil matters regarding his kabal^1. Some Archons^2 have a subordinate called a "Hierarch" who acts as an assistant and secretary, handling administrative tasks that the Archon can't or won't do. They may be interchangeable with the "Dracons", who act in a similar manner as lieutenants^3, as well as leading squads of Trueborn who act as the Archon's bodyguard ^4.

Warriors serve as the mainline troops of the Kabals, each is a highly trained killer, stronger and deadlier than normal Dark Eldar^5, Warriors are lead by Sybarites, who act as sergeants by virtue of being the oldest or most skilled Warriors.

The Archon's court is comprised of mercenaries, bodyguards and hirelings, and their authority is unknown/varies^6

Kabals make frequent use of Wych hirelings and have ties with Haemunculi Covens, as well as with Reaver and Helion gangs^7

1,4,5,6,7-Codex:Dark Eldar (5e)
2-Mistress Baeda's Gift
3-Codex:Dark Eldar (2e)

Back to top Go down
http://irollboxcars.blogspot.com/
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Structure of The Kabals    Structure of The Kabals  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09 2011, 06:03

Is Mistress Baeda's Gift worth reading?
Back to top Go down
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

PostSubject: Re: Structure of The Kabals    Structure of The Kabals  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09 2011, 06:05

Very much so. Its more of a "LOL EVVVVIIIIL" 2nd edition Dark Eldar portrayal but its still very good.

Back to top Go down
http://irollboxcars.blogspot.com/
Spanna uv Komor-AAAGH!
Kabalite Warrior
Spanna uv Komor-AAAGH!

PostSubject: Re: Structure of The Kabals    Structure of The Kabals  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09 2011, 10:06

Torpedo Vegas wrote:
Very much so. Its more of a "LOL EVVVVIIIIL" 2nd edition Dark Eldar portrayal but its still very good.
I think it should also be noted that if you don't understand why Dark Eldar would want Trueborn children, this story does a very good job of portraying a believable father and daughter relationship in Commoragh.

In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Structure of The Kabals    Structure of The Kabals  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09 2011, 10:17

I just finished reading it a little bit ago, thank you Scribd.

I got to admit it was a little hokey at times, especially with the old Codex feel, but it was very good regardless. I definitely understand Vegas' thoughts better on DE love, now that I've read it.
Back to top Go down
Urien_Rakarth
Hellion
Urien_Rakarth

PostSubject: Re: Structure of The Kabals    Structure of The Kabals  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24 2011, 21:00

hmm... I am pretty sure that the Heirarch leads Incubi Shrines, but i might be wrong.

Here's what I would say:

Archon
Merc. leaders, i.e Succubus, Haemy, Incubus Heirarch
Court and 'Heirarch' (as you called it) more likely a son or brother who you actually trust
Merc leaders advisor
Dracon(s)
Trueborn
Sybarite
Warriors
Aspiring warriors/sevants
Slaves

Structure of The Kabals  24506Structure of The Kabals  24695 Structure of The Kabals  25156
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny
(")_(") to help him gain world domination.

My
Soul
Trap Victims
Back to top Go down
http://warpstorm.webs.com
GrenAcid
Sybarite
GrenAcid

PostSubject: Re: Structure of The Kabals    Structure of The Kabals  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25 2011, 21:09

Quote :
Command Pyramid:

Archon
Mercenaries, Hirelings, Archon's Court , etc

I dont think merc/court is higher in rank than dracons/trueborns, they(merc/court) are disposable part....while your truborns are blod7bone of cabal.

Archon of All-seeing Eye Cabal.
Back to top Go down
Aroshamash
Sybarite
Aroshamash

PostSubject: Re: Structure of The Kabals    Structure of The Kabals  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26 2011, 05:57

I would say some of the Court are valued higher than others. Lhamaeans would be highly valued courtesans, Sslyth and Ur-Ghuls are bodyguards and protection, while the Medusae are useful tools, but their body is essentially disposable.

Sybarite
GrenAcid

PostSubject: Re: Structure of The Kabals    Structure of The Kabals  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26 2011, 11:53

Quote :
Lhamaeans would be highly valued courtesans
You have point here.

Back to top Go down
Spanna uv Komor-AAAGH!
Kabalite Warrior
Spanna uv Komor-AAAGH!

PostSubject: Re: Structure of The Kabals    Structure of The Kabals  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26 2011, 19:00

Why do we seem to agree that the Trueborn are of higher rank than the Sybarites? The Trueborn certainly have the superior weaponry, but the Sybarites are obeyed while the Trueborns are led.

The Trueborn are of a higher social class. The Sybarites are have more power over others. I would think the meritocracy of the Kabals values capable leaders more than wealthy Eldar with a lot of guns.

Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Structure of The Kabals    Structure of The Kabals  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26 2011, 19:16

/\
This.
DE favour personal skills more than inherit traits.

Also, we should put this into some sort of "tree" since there is some sort of hierarchy within hierarchy. Like so (this is just example, probably would be wrong)

Archon
|
Court & 'Hierarch'
|
Merc. leaders, i.e Succubus, Haemy, Incubus Heirarch----Dracon(s)
XXXxXXXX|XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX|
Merc leaders advisor XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXSybarite
|
Trueborn
|
Warriors
|
Aspiring warriors/sevants
|
Slaves
Back to top Go down
Raneth
Sybarite
Raneth

PostSubject: Re: Structure of The Kabals    Structure of The Kabals  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26 2011, 20:15

Spanna uv Komor-AAAGH! wrote:
The Trueborn are of a higher social class. The Sybarites are have more power over others. I would think the meritocracy of the Kabals values capable leaders more than wealthy Eldar with a lot of guns.

This can't be entirely correct - for if DE society only valued one's capabilities to the exclusion of all else, there would be no added value to the 'trueborn' quality. I think that the Trueborn's social status is largely related to their (assumedly) in-bred loyalty to the Kabal they originate from, much like in the Sicilian mafia.

I view Sybarites and Trueborn as pretty much equal, though I don't reckon they'd ever have to answer to each other. They're just located in entirely different parts of the Kabal structure, leading me to think which party actually curries more favour with their Archon seems to differ in individual cases. Sybarites have proven their loyalty over time and bloody combat, but they'll never have that 'special something' that makes Trueborn what they are.

GrenAcid
Sybarite
GrenAcid

PostSubject: Re: Structure of The Kabals    Structure of The Kabals  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26 2011, 22:54

@Raneth
+1

Im ok with that tree, but Incubi Master(I like that name more) should be out of "comand chain" of cabal as well as succubus....since they dont belong to cabal.
Or we just makeing it to see graduation of power?

Back to top Go down
Spanna uv Komor-AAAGH!
Kabalite Warrior
Spanna uv Komor-AAAGH!

PostSubject: Re: Structure of The Kabals    Structure of The Kabals  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27 2011, 02:33

Raneth wrote:
Spanna uv Komor-AAAGH! wrote:
This can't be entirely correct - for if DE society only valued one's capabilities to the exclusion of all else, there would be no added value to the 'trueborn' quality. I think that the Trueborn's social status is largely related to their (assumedly) in-bred loyalty to the Kabal they originate from, much like in the Sicilian mafia.
I didn't mean to imply that social class doesn't matter to the Dark Eldar. As a matter of fact, I think that most Sybarites are trueborn who are loyal enough to be allowed to shape the mind of new recruits to the Kabal(remember that the Sybarites teach new Warriors in addition to directing them on the battlefield).

Given the dictatorial nature of the Kabals, I feel like the Archon would value instruments of his will more than those more capable of carrying it out. I certainly think that most aristocrats and Trueborn would look down on the Sybarites for fraternizing with the swiftborn and the commoners, but within the structure of the Kabals I think they would be more highly valued.

Raneth wrote:
I view Sybarites and Trueborn as pretty much equal, though I don't reckon they'd ever have to answer to each other. They're just located in entirely different parts of the Kabal structure, leading me to think which party actually curries more favour with their Archon seems to differ in individual cases. Sybarites have proven their loyalty over time and bloody combat, but they'll never have that 'special something' that makes Trueborn what they are.
I agree. There is a reason that the Sybarites and Dracons aren't allowed weaponry either as destructive or long-ranged as the Trueborn. Most Archons would strive to divide the power within their Kabal as widely as they can. The Trueborn get the best weaponry; the Sybarites/Dracons command in accordance with the will of the Archon. Only the Archon can get both.

Of course, as you said, the hierarchy would probably vary depending on the Archon, but I believe most Kabals would organize roughly along the lines that Local_Ork showed.

Sybarite
Raneth

PostSubject: Re: Structure of The Kabals    Structure of The Kabals  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27 2011, 17:10

GrenAcid wrote:
@Raneth
+1

Im ok with that tree, but Incubi Master(I like that name more) should be out of "comand chain" of cabal as well as succubus....since they dont belong to cabal.

Most certainly. I reckon a Kabal's command chain doesn't -directly- include Wyches, Wracks, Incubi and the likes, because these belong to different organizations entirely (resp. Cults, Covens and Temples), between which deals are brokered and alliances forged. It's not like any upstart Archon can make demands of the Cult of Strife, right?

Archons, Haemonculi, Hierarchs and Succubi can claim structural equality. Which party actually has the upper hand in any alliance is determined by their factions' respective, actual power (ask Donald Trump).

Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Structure of The Kabals    Structure of The Kabals  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28 2011, 01:38

Raneth wrote:
I think that the Trueborn's social status is largely related to their (assumedly) in-bred loyalty to the Kabal they originate from, much like in the Sicilian mafia.
I couldn't agree more. Also, this would be in variance from Kabal to Kabal. "Commoner" Kabals wouldn't be too inclined to care about "high born" as to where "noble" Kabals would.

GrenAcid wrote:
I agree to a point. It would depend on the Archon's final say, however. If an Archon said, "Hey, this Succubus is to be treated with the same respect as a high ranking dracon," who would argue with him?

Back to top Go down
Urien_Rakarth
Hellion
Urien_Rakarth

PostSubject: Re: Structure of The Kabals    Structure of The Kabals  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28 2011, 20:13

I don't know, but I think you'd try to be very nice to Merc leaders, as you want a strong alliance with them, to avoid betrayal. They're different, but its like saying in the HH Lupercal's Court Abbadon and Aximand would have more sy than Angron, a Primarch.

Structure of The Kabals  24506Structure of The Kabals  24695 Structure of The Kabals  25156
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny
(")_(") to help him gain world domination.

My
Soul
Trap Victims
Back to top Go down
http://warpstorm.webs.com
Raneth
Sybarite
Raneth

PostSubject: Re: Structure of The Kabals    Structure of The Kabals  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28 2011, 20:58

Urien_Rakarth wrote:
I don't know, but I think you'd try to be very nice to Merc leaders, as you want a strong alliance with them, to avoid betrayal. They're different, but its like saying in the HH Lupercal's Court Abbadon and Aximand would have more sy than Angron, a Primarch.

Exactly. Though a Succubus may ally her Cult with a certain Kabal, I reckon the Wyches' loyalty always stays with the Cult/Succubus rather than the Kabal/Archon when the jig is up. A wise Archon would treat his allies' leaders as (nigh-)equals for as long as the alliance is profitable, at least to the public eye.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Structure of The Kabals    Structure of The Kabals  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Structure of The Kabals
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Background
-
Jump to: