THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000 with Eldar Allies

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Scorpion
Master of Mandrakes

2000 with Eldar Allies Empty
PostSubject: 2000 with Eldar Allies   2000 with Eldar Allies I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19 2012, 19:47

So this is the list:

HQ:
Archon , Venom Blade; Huskblade; Soul-trap; Phantasm Grenade Launcher; Shadow Field; 175 (joining Incubi)
Succubus, Venom Blade; Haywire Grenades 75 (Joining 9 Wyches)
Elites:
6 Incubi, Klaivex, Raider, DL; Enhanced Aethersails; NS; 222
Troops:
9 Wyches, 1 Hekatrix, PGL, Venom Blade, Haywire Grenades, Raider, DL; Enhanced Aethersails; NS
10 Kabalite Warriors, Sybarite, Splinter Cannon 110
5 Wyches, Haywire Grenades, Venom, Splinter Cannons 125
Fast Attack:
9 Reavers, Arena Champion Heat Lance x3; Cluster Caltrops x3; 304
9 Reavers, Arena Champion Heat Lance x3; Cluster Caltrops x3; 304
Heavy Support:
1 Talos Pain Engine, TL Liquifier Gun; TL Haywire Blaster 110
Allies
HQ:
1 Farseer; Runes of Warding; Eldar Jetbike; Prescience 120 (Joining Reavers)
Troops:
3 Guardian Jetbikes, 66
Heavy Support:
3 War Walkers, 6 Scatter lasers 180
Total: 1999

The plan: Be there or be square: I will have big problems if I am not in close combat by the end of my second turn. (my only way to avoid flyers). Eldar bikes and War walkers in reserve. all the others: Full speed ahead captain!! Choose one side of the table and move as fast as possible towards the enemy. He will probably "close" the trap by moving on my flank. And then the war walkers come in and shoot him in the back.

I know the plane is not very well described here, but the idea is clear ( I think). On the other hand: No strategy survives the actuall meeting of the enemy... lol.

What do you guys think? Has this army a chance? Weak points? Strong points? Good vs? Bad vs ? I am kinda new in the game ( 10 games - 5 in a tournament - got 21st place out of 50 - but thats another topic I might write about in another thread) so I need help from more experienced DE players...

Last edited by Scorpion on Sat Oct 20 2012, 19:53; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: 2000 with Eldar Allies   2000 with Eldar Allies I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19 2012, 21:13

When you are playing games, you want to pay close attention to what each of your units are doing. Is the Talos keeping up and utilising his strength. Are the Wyches tying down the right enemy units. Are the Caltrops killing enough to warrent their high point cost (I hate relying on random results for things)

There are a couple of changes I would like to recommend:

I would drop the Talos and all the Caltrop upgrades, the Succubus and the Klaivex. I think 6 Incubi is a little too killy, 4 or 5 do well vs 10 MEQ.

These points should get you a Raider for your Warriors, a Ravager and a new unit, 5 Warriors in Venom.

3 (4 w/ GLB) scoring units is a little low for 2K IMO, you will have to be aggressive with your Reavers, so maybe keep your Farseer out of the mix, and add him to the GJB maybe. Just simply having him on the table is awesome enough so he needs to stay alive.

Master of Mandrakes

PostSubject: Re: 2000 with Eldar Allies   2000 with Eldar Allies I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20 2012, 11:51

Wow, thanks!

Even though I dont like the Ravagers, I think your reconmmendations are great.

So no klavex, but will keep the squad at 6 incubi since 1 or 2 might die from a exploding raider. (15 points)

no succubus (75 points)

I need to keep at least 2 cultrops on each reaver squad. Those things are amazing!! I see why 3 of them might get a bit overkill. (40 points)

Move the Farseer to the GJB squad)

But.....

I love my Talos, they are tough and extremly dangerous. Yes, they are not as fast as the rest of the army and 1 of them isn't going to do a lot. But how about two of them?? hmm... I like the idea. It has a bit of "mushkilla" style over it. I hope its ok to refer to his army lists. Surprised

I have 130 points to spend. So another 5 Wyches/Venom squad, 5 warrior/Blaster/venom squad or another talos? I know that my troops choices are few but in two out of 5 missions my heavy or fast choices are scoring as well.
Back to top Go down
Mudpuppet
Hellion
Mudpuppet

PostSubject: Re: 2000 with Eldar Allies   2000 with Eldar Allies I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20 2012, 13:27

Hiya, to be honest i dont get your farseer at all, why prescience? Dont misunderstand its a good power for certain units... *cough* warwalkers *cough*, but unless you have a specific plan for it, like the mentioned walkers, then doom will serve you MUCH better. I think you need to rethink what your allies are there to do and plan accordingly. One thing i would stress again is that prescience and warwalkers go together like young ladies and copious volumes of alcohol, turns them from a good unit, into a unit deleter. Also makes them reasonable anti flyer too.

Only other blatantly obvious thing i can see is that your wyches dont have assault and defensive grenades, which seems like a mistake.

Mud
Back to top Go down
Scorpion
Master of Mandrakes

PostSubject: Re: 2000 with Eldar Allies   2000 with Eldar Allies I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20 2012, 19:52

Hi,

Yes, the prescience is for the War Walkers. That makes them amazing! And thats why he is on a bike. Since prescience is a blessing it occurs before the farseer moves. So he needs to be fast so he can actually get in range of the power in the previous turn. Before the war walkers come in from outflank. Its a bit tricky since I have only 2/3 of a chance to get the right side.

Oh, and the wyches have PGL. That was a typo. I will edit it.
Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: 2000 with Eldar Allies   2000 with Eldar Allies I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21 2012, 05:55

Keep the Klaivex. With challenges in sixth ed if a common SM sergent throws out a challenge to your unit of incubi and you don't have a Klaives to accept then either your archon accepts and only kills one model or you decline and he cant do anything. ALWAYS take a Klaivex in a unit of incubi if it includes an archon.
1++ is right about the talos. As a rule if youre bringing a MC always bring atleast 2 or your one will be eaten alive with first turn tank shots.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2000 with Eldar Allies   2000 with Eldar Allies I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000 with Eldar Allies
Page 1 of 1