THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Thinking about 2 Razorwings in 1500 pts

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MordredBloodyhand
Hellion
MordredBloodyhand

Thinking about 2 Razorwings in 1500 pts Empty
PostSubject: Thinking about 2 Razorwings in 1500 pts   Thinking about 2 Razorwings in 1500 pts I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23 2012, 10:04

Thinking about this list....its basically a move and shoot with the Archon and Incubi as the counter charge unit

Archon- Venom Blade, Husk blade, combat drugs, PGL, shadow field and soul trap
8 Incubi inc Klaivex in raider with night shields and advanced aether sails
10 Kabalite warriors with splinter cannon in Raider with night shields and splinter racks
10 Kabalite warriors with splinter cannon in Raider with night shields and splinter racks
Ravager-night shields
2 Razorwings with flicker field and night shields, splinter cannon 2 necrtoxin missiles and 2 shatter field missiles

Do you think it is competitive?
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Sybarite
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about 2 Razorwings in 1500 pts   Thinking about 2 Razorwings in 1500 pts I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23 2012, 11:37

No its not competitive.

8 Incubis are overkill
Never liked 10 Warrior strong squads.
Archon is overloaded.

You have very few targets, and very few AT weapons. You will struggle alot against MECH teams. And most competitive lists are full of MECH so you will struggle with this.

You need stuff to take out Veichles aswell as more targets for oponent to shoot at to make it compeittive

If you played me with this list I would have very few problems.

Drager
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about 2 Razorwings in 1500 pts   Thinking about 2 Razorwings in 1500 pts I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23 2012, 12:39

Not really, Nighyt Shields are poitns better spent elsewhere, if you want to go shotoy, don't waste points in a huge CC unit. Also everything Darklight said, sorry man.

I'd suggest dropping the NS and the Incubi/Archon combo then adding in more shooting. Or if you are set on Incs/Arc switch to a more assaulty list.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about 2 Razorwings in 1500 pts   Thinking about 2 Razorwings in 1500 pts I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23 2012, 17:45

This list isnt as bad as these two are making it out, but it ofc could use some improvements. Overall though I think you are off to a good start.

First off lets start with the Archon, sure he is expensive, but overall he is decent enough to use, but done right he could make his points back quickly. My one suggestion is maybe drop the venomblade, as you will be using the huskblade most of the time. But if you have the extra points, its not a base investment for that first couple of turns unitl you get the soultrap off.

Next is the Incubi. Personally I agree that 8 is WAY too much, and normally find 4-5 to be enough. I will add that I dont like the klavex, as personally you want your Archon in challenges to kill that IC, but it also saves him from fighting a naked sargie and wasting all those attacks when he could be killing a squad of 10 marines by himself, so its a 50/50 on whiether he is worth it. Try it out and see if you like him or would rather have another incubi.

Now for the warriors. Your build is fine, but let me talk to you about a basic DE concept, and thats duality. With our army (mostly its in troops) you want a duality between the vehicle and the unit inside. One should be able to handle tanks, while the other infantry. This is why the two most widely taken Warrior squads are either 5 man w/ blaster in dual cannon venom, or 10 man w/ splintercannon and blaster in raider w/ dark lance. They both do something completely different. The first gives you a 36" range (without movement) for AI, and only a 18" range (without movement) of AT, while the latter "gunboat style" gives you a 36" range AT (again without movement) and 24" range AI (again without movement, and not including the 1 splinter cannon, but that doesnt really offer much AI by itself).

While the venom version is way cheaper, the gunboat gives you more chance to surivive the explosion of the raider, which in turn helps you hold objectives (more bodies means more fire to pull them off). Personally I think you should find which style works better for you, and then use that to its full extent.

My one suggestion for them is if you can find the points, add a blaster. Not only does this allow you to shoot tanks if you ABSOLUTELY MUST... but it has a better AP, which can lead to some nice "sniping" when you use the wound pool right.

Finally for heavy. I think two razorwings are fine in a list, but you need to suppliment the AT lost by them not being on the table T1 and not shooting at tanks when they do come on (because you want to use those shiny missles) with some AT in either the FA or Elite slot. That would mean with Trueborn w/ blaster or dark lances, or Reavers w/ heat lances/blasters or Scourges w/ HWB or blasters. As you dont have that many points to play around with, my suggestion would be to drop one of the razorwings for a ravager, atleast until you move up in points to fit one of those elements into your list. Also there is no reason for any other missles, the normal S6 one is normally fine enough.

As for nightshields not being worth it, that is so weird. Nightshields to stop long range AT like missles or lascannons, but to almost remove rapid fire or melta from the equation. Its tough to down a raider with bolters when you dont get 20+ shots, only 10. I rarely play a list without them in 6th with the lack of need for flickerfields now, and Ive never looked back since then. They are an amazing investment and work wonders with gunboats (since you have to get that close)

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
MordredBloodyhand
Hellion
MordredBloodyhand

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about 2 Razorwings in 1500 pts   Thinking about 2 Razorwings in 1500 pts I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23 2012, 23:52

Thank you for the replies and advice...I shall have a think about it....Night shields in my experience are gold so I will keep them....I plan on adding a unit of reavers in the 1750 point version....i shall fit in the blasters as suggested and will think about a unit of blaster born.....the Incubus are my favourite models and the reason i started Dark Eldar but i will think about dropping them by a few.....I have a unit of 6 scourges with HWB on the shelf and could add them in.....i can get a blaster into all three of the warrior units...i could also swap out one fo the warriors for a unit of 10 wracks with liquifiers on a raider and put a haemonulous in the incubus unit for FnP.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about 2 Razorwings in 1500 pts   Thinking about 2 Razorwings in 1500 pts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thinking about 2 Razorwings in 1500 pts
Page 1 of 1