THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Warp Quake List

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Drager
Hellion

Warp Quake List Empty
PostSubject: Warp Quake List   Warp Quake List I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23 2012, 12:34

Played in Warp Quake (1850 6 game tournament) last weekend. Below is the list I used.

HQ

Haemonculus

Farseer, Runes of Warding, 2 Powers, Jetbike, Spirit Stones, Singing Spear

Elites

5 Trueborn, 2 Splinter Cannon, 3 Blasters
Venom, 2 Splinter Cannon

Troops

5 Rangers

3 Wracks
Venom, 2 Splinter Cannon

5 Wracks, Acothyst, Liquifier
Venom, 2 Splinter Cannon

Venom, 2 Splinter Cannon

Venom, 2 Splinter Cannon

Fast Attack

6 Reavers, 2 Blasters, Cluster Caltrops

Heavy Support

Razorwing, Splinter Cannon, Flickerfield

Voidraven, Flickerfield

Voidraven, Flickerfield

3 War Walkers, 6 Scatter Lasers

Results

Game 1
Deployment: Dawn of War
Mission: Crusade
Opponent: Dark Eldar, Eldar Allies
Result: Loss

Lost thsi due to poor movement decisions... entirely my own fault.

Game 2
Deployment: Hammer and Anvil
Mission: Emperors Will
Opponent: Salamaners, IG Allies
Result: Win

War Walkers and planes won me this game. Oh and hiding out of LoS.

Game 3
Deployment: Vanguard Strike
Mission: Scouring
Opponent: Dark Eldar

My oppponent had a kabalite warrior list, I think his list was just overmatched no particular unit was outstanding for me, everything jsut worked well.

Game 4
Deployment: Hammer and Anvil
Mission: Big Guns Never Tire
Opponent: Space Wolves

Eh, its space wolves. Bikes di great, Planes did great, Trueborn did great, Snipers held an objective, Wracks outfought Grey Hunters. Pretty much what you expect.

Game 5
Deployment: Vanguard Strike
Mission: Purge the Alien
Opponent: Dark Eldar, Eldar Alliers
Result: Loss

I suck at Kill Points, plus my opponents dice where on fire. Average of 5-6 wounds per venom volley with one doing 10! mine did an average of 3, max 5. Yay. This one I blame on the dice.

Game 6
Deployment: Dawn of War
Mission: Relic
Opponent: Blood Angels

Still have a 100% record vs BA, fuinally won the relic! Yay. My opponents army was really cool, scouts as troops with scout bikers and attack bikes backed up my storm ravens and led by Mephiston. Easy times for my army, but reallly nice list in general.

All my opponetns where a joy to play. There were a few rules queries handled quickly, by checking or agreeing. Didn't need a judge nor a roll off at any time. If any of you are reading this thanks for the great games.

Final position: 8th (I think the field was 40ish, not sure of exact number).

Last edited by Drager on Tue Oct 23 2012, 23:39; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

Warp Quake List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warp Quake List   Warp Quake List I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23 2012, 16:01

congrats on the high placing!!!!

question, did you have an Eldar troop choice??? For allies you must have atleast 1 HQ and 1 troop choice. Also any comments on how your list preformed??? How did you fare with only 4 troop choices in 1850???

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Drager
Hellion

Warp Quake List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warp Quake List   Warp Quake List I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23 2012, 16:44

Whoops mistyped. 5 Rangers as Eldar troops. So 5 Troop Choices (edited OP). Didn't feel low on troops at any point. The list performed very well. It has trouble with 10+ vehicles, so other DE can be a problem, but otherwise plays wonderfully.
Back to top Go down
Septimus
Kabalite Warrior
Septimus

Warp Quake List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warp Quake List   Warp Quake List I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23 2012, 21:30

How do you find the void ravens work out compared to the razorwing, are they worth it without the missiles?

Guess it's a typo but you had 6 reavers for 2 special weapons, right?

Back to top Go down
Drager
Hellion

Warp Quake List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warp Quake List   Warp Quake List I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23 2012, 23:43

Aye I did. Shouldn't type out lists on my phone. I'm far too lazy to check them for errors Smile.

I found the voidravens to be very effective at dealing with other peoples vehicles, which is what they are for in the list. I didn't come up against anything partiularly high AV, though so they didn't have a place to really shine.

The mines are very, very useful. I didn't really feel the lack of missiles as they were in the list to deal with armour, not infantry so probably wouldn't have fired them anyway. The extra point of Armour and Str is brilliant.
Back to top Go down
Caranthir987
Hellion
Caranthir987

Warp Quake List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warp Quake List   Warp Quake List I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24 2012, 11:40

@ Drager, thats an interesting (and expensive!) trueborn build - how did they get on? Did they get targetted a lot, and did they do what you wanted them to do with the mixed build?

And as I frequently use Eldar allies, how'd you find the Rangers? I was thinking if I could be tempted away from my Guardian Defenders objective campers

Congrats on pushing in some faces

http://annihilatedsouls.blogspot.co.uk/
Back to top Go down
Drager
Hellion

Warp Quake List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warp Quake List   Warp Quake List I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24 2012, 12:26

Rangers killed Mephiston. Also they are very hard to shift from a ruin, stick them in a ruin on an objective. Go to ground when shot. Win. That's pretty much what they do. They are also really useful for killing quad guns.

The Trueborn were ace they did what they were taken for, killed TEQ. In games with no TEQ they could be relied upon to kill other threats (outflankinf bikers for example) or as a tertiary role contribute to either anti vehicle or anti light infantry fire if no heavy infantry is available to feast on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Warp Quake List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warp Quake List   Warp Quake List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warp Quake List
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-