THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

tormentor titan

Go down 
+2
Xelkireth
abjectus
6 posters
AuthorMessage
abjectus
Kabalite Warrior

tormentor titan  Empty
PostSubject: tormentor titan    tormentor titan  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09 2011, 11:04

I was thinking about scratch building a revenant for my dark eldar, then thought to check if there was a closer version of a dark eldar titan instead.

after much google searching I found 3
the tormentor from epic raiders(fandex approved by gw {at least for adepticon epic tournament})
the shadow stalker(had epic rules in citadel journal, but I don't have issue and couldn't find online)
the shadow???(from netEpic)
I also found a special character version of the tormentor

Tormentor would probably be easiest to translate to 40k, I also have some ideas for scratch build

should be about 1500pts, based on epic pt value compared to other large vehicles
4 structure points, and 3 shadow fields, jetpack, armed with 2 phantom lance, and hail of splinters, tormentor blades
i'll try to adjust rules of weapons and shadow fields to get balanced in 1350-1650pt range
epic model was converted from drazier, and it seems like melee beast so I thought it might be 2 man crew of klaviex controlling body and true-born gunner for shoulder mounted lances(since the incubi wouldn't have any intrest in the guns)

so first attempt at 1500pt titan below

tormentor
1500pts
WS 5 BS 4 S 8(d) F 12 S 12 R 11 I 5 a 2[8] strucuture points 4, shadow fields 3(version 4)
2*phantom lance, 2*tormentor blades, hail of splinters, night shields, envenomed blades

phantom lance 72" str d ap 1 heavy 1, primary
hail of splinters 48" str 5 ap 5 heavy 9, poison(4+),rending and hellstorm str x ap 5 heavy 1 poison(2+), primary

may take flicker field, torment grenade launcher, chain-snares, and grisly trophys

It ends up with 4 attacks in melee and the phantom has 3 in epic w/titan ccw, so tormentor should have 8in 40k since phantom has 6.
therefore base 4+ 2per tormentor blade or base 2 +3per tormentor blade

jumppack like revenant one, or 12" charge

phantom lance was almost like pulsar, but lacked the multishot rule, range 60" str D ap2 5"blast, heavy1 There is alot of rounding to standard ranges and more generic effects then 4k so range could be +/- 12"range, str 10 lance, ap1, or diffrent size blast wouldn't show up in epic scale

couple ideas for shadow fields
1)like void fields, come back online at start of turn if any are left, if all down won't come back at all. this is most literal translation from epic, seems to strong
2) as above but only one can online a turn
3)as above but rule a dice on one field goes down and lets shot hit next field, if any
4)roll on table 5-6 shot missed from concealment, if ignores cover treat as 2-3
2-4 field goes down stopping shot
1 field goes down and shot hits next field or structure point
one field goes back on line per turn, unless all three are down
5)as holo-field with nightshield

hail of splinters is rather odd it has the long range firepower equal to 3 disintegrators and the close range of 3 warrior stands or 1 1/2 scourge stands, so 15warriors or 7.5 scourges with average loadout. range on the longer range part would be 48-72" and shorter part range 12-24"
version 1) range 48" str 5 ap 5 rending,poison heavy 9 and range 18" str x ap5 heavy 24
version 2) range 48" str 7 ap 5 poision heavy 6 and hellstorm str 5 ap 5 heavy 1, posion
version 3) 3 poisoned shuriken cannon, and 6 twin-linked splinter carbines(similar to hurricane bolters)
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

tormentor titan  Empty
PostSubject: Re: tormentor titan    tormentor titan  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09 2011, 11:13

The Shadow was in Citadel Journal #33, which I own. Where it's at? Well.... I'd have to look through a lot of boxes.

Thoughts:
->Don't call them Shadow Fields. Mixing wargear names is a bad idea.
->Dark Eldar and Eldar tech isn't too different. Give it the shields the Phantom has.

My version of Hail of Splinters.

Range 48", 3 long-barreled twin-linked splinter cannon (pulling from VDR) Str X*, Heavy
Hellstorm template, Str X*, Heavy 2, poison

*The tormentor uses improved poisons, unavailable to most Kabals. The poisoned shots from the tormentor wound on a 3+.

It's Apocalypse. Go big or go home.

Oh... and here's what the Shadow looked like:
tormentor titan  29255_md-Breotan,%20Conversion,%20Dark%20Eldar,%20Raider,%20Shadow,%20Super-heavy

Edited for double-posting. It is preferable to edit the reply if you want to add something. /mod
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

tormentor titan  Empty
PostSubject: Re: tormentor titan    tormentor titan  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09 2011, 11:18

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_3t_kSXvboU8/SUS27SpaZcI/AAAAAAAAAfw/-CU1D6MsmMo/ss00128.jpg

Yes, we need things that make holes in things.
Back to top Go down
Todo13
Kabalite Warrior
Todo13

tormentor titan  Empty
PostSubject: Re: tormentor titan    tormentor titan  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09 2011, 11:46

Yes!! If only I could afford a phantom, to convert… sigh
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

tormentor titan  Empty
PostSubject: Re: tormentor titan    tormentor titan  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09 2011, 11:54

Sounds good for an super heavy walker, although it is not that different from the phantom (and shouldn't be, as Xel pointed out). I love hellstorm templates in general, so a splinter hellstorm is so great. Just imagine how it would look in reality...

The shadow is nice but the model could use an update, and new rules too.

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

tormentor titan  Empty
PostSubject: Re: tormentor titan    tormentor titan  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09 2011, 11:57

tormentor titan  Pred_Ship_ModelAT
Something like this one?

Last edited by Local_Ork on Thu Jun 09 2011, 11:58; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

tormentor titan  Empty
PostSubject: Re: tormentor titan    tormentor titan  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09 2011, 11:58

Citadel Journal was amazing. I've bought a few here and there on eBay, back when White Dwarf was still good. *sigh*

That's amazing Ork.

Edited for doubleposting, it is preferable to edit the post if you want to add something. /mod
Back to top Go down
abjectus
Kabalite Warrior

tormentor titan  Empty
PostSubject: Re: tormentor titan    tormentor titan  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09 2011, 12:10

not that shadow, there was a titan for epic in issue 34, I have the issue that conversion was in. I only used shadow field term because that was what epic rules used. It would be simpler with titan holo-fields
the epic hail of splinters had limited anti-tank, so maybe

48" str (x) ap 5 heavy 18 poison(3+)*
and
hellstorm str (x) ap 5 heavy 2 poison(3+)*
*counts as 1 primary weapon, fires both at same target when fires

forgot to put blast in phantom lance profile, 7" since it fires once and the pulsar fires twice (phantom version 4 times) seems reasonable
72" str d ap1 heavy 1, 7"blast,primary

4++ from eldar titan holo-field, replace night shield with titan night shield(need better name), as night shield but reduces range extra 6" if more then 36" range and extra 12" if more then 60" range
so 0-6" no change, 7"-36"= -6", 37-60"= -12", 61"+ are -24"

vehicle upgrades should be about 10x raider price, so they aren't a given and since they would be more useful on more durable model
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

tormentor titan  Empty
PostSubject: Re: tormentor titan    tormentor titan  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09 2011, 18:35

Painting and modelling discussions goes in that forum. Certain replies has been split off from this thread.

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
abjectus
Kabalite Warrior

tormentor titan  Empty
PostSubject: Re: tormentor titan    tormentor titan  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13 2011, 21:33

update for what I have worked out so far. Anything seem unbalanced, or point cost seem off? any idea for better name for close combat rules? vdr spits out nonsense for point values for this so I had to guess.

Tormentor 1600pts (rough guess)
Ws 4 Bs 4 S 10 F 12 S 12 R 11 I 5 A 2[8]
Structure points 5
Unit type:Super-heavy walker, agile

Weapons Hail of splinters, 2 titan ccw, 2 Tormentor heatlance (shoulder mounted)
Tormentor heatlance range 72" Str 6 AP 1 Type Heavy 1, blast 7", lance*, melta*, destroyer*, primary
*models under center hole take 2 str d hits, models not under hole hit by template take str 6 lance with 2d6 penetration.
Hail of splinters range hellstorm template Str 6 AP 5 Type poison(4+), rending*, heavy 2, primary
*rerolls from poison to wound are not rending, only initial roll

Special Rules

jump jets 36" move but may not shoot, may still assault,
enhanced titan holofields 5++ if stationary, 4++ if moving, 3++ if used jump jets,
Towering monstrosity shoulder weapons have 12" minimum range,
Agile may move extra 2d6 if only firing one primary weapon as fleet move,
Giant blades (need better name) +2 on damage and catastrophic damage tables with titan ccw (this already incudes +1 for tccw being str D),
36' tall blades for feet (need better name) may reroll misses when making stomp attacks (when I started mocking up model my first thought was 'assaulting that thing would be like monkeys with knives charging a horse running on stilts made of chain saws',Shocked a t-rex would have to jump to reach anything not a power weapon blade.

Wargear chainsnares, envenomed blades

Options
Titan Trophy Racks (50pts) as vehicle upgrade nut 12" radius instead of 6"
Tormentor Grenade Launchers (50pts) enemy unit within 12" have -1 ld, does not stack with itself or torment grenade launcher, any unit charging tormentor must pass leadership at -3(includes -1 for being within 12" and -1 for being super heavy walker) or may not charge this turn
Titan Night Shield (100pts) as night shield,but by following table based on weapon range instead of flat 6"
6" or less, no effect
7"-47", subtract 6"
48-72", subtract 12"
73"-120" subtract 24"
longer then 120", subtract 36"

close combat is almost the same as klawstompa, movement is same as revenant. The stompa has weapon roughly equal to hail of splinters, revenant pulsars are close in power to tormentor heatlance (heat lance is better vs single tanks/gargantuan creatures, worse vs units of troops or vehicles. combined structure points is about the same, combined points is 1250. That seems to low, it should be more then reaver(it has similar number of structure, weaker ranged, stronger melee then reaver). Model is working out to be slightly larger then reaver instead of slightly smaller in epic, thus the extra structure point, and the phantom has 6 in epic but 8 in 40k so it is still in rough range.
Back to top Go down
John M
Kabalite Warrior
John M

tormentor titan  Empty
PostSubject: Re: tormentor titan    tormentor titan  I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17 2013, 22:24

Todo13 wrote:
Yes!! If only I could afford a phantom, to convert… sigh

^ this

Please do not post on threads that have been inactive for over a month. Cavash.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

tormentor titan  Empty
PostSubject: Re: tormentor titan    tormentor titan  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

tormentor titan
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Rules Development
-