THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

My First DE Army! 1k Points, Fast'n'Shooty

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sharzak
Slave

My First DE Army! 1k Points, Fast'n'Shooty Empty
PostSubject: My First DE Army! 1k Points, Fast'n'Shooty   My First DE Army! 1k Points, Fast'n'Shooty I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26 2012, 20:03

I posted this on 40konline but thought I'd try here as well.
right now I've got drawn up
3 groups of 10 Kabal Warriors w/ Splinter Cannon, each with a Raider Dedicated Transport, Nightshields on these
4 Kabalite Trueborn, 2x Darklances with a Venom Transport, (thinking about taking 4 blasters instead)
3 Reavers+Cluster Caltrops (not sure what weapon to take here, suggestions would be appreciated)
Haemonculus Ancient w/ Hexrifle, Shattershard
4 Hekatrix Bloodbrides + 1 Siren, Venom, Hydra Gauntlets, Phantasm Launcher, Haywire Grenades

Basically the obvious gameplan is to outmaneuver my opponent with an extraordinarily shooty army. I'll wanna stick the Haemonculus with the Trueborn and use those as mobile tankhunters in a pinch. Will they be sufficient for the job?
The Bloodbrides are there basically as reserves--if a skimmer gets blown up and a squad assaulted, they'll zoom there and help clean up. I don't see these run in a lot of lists, are they efficient as a melee Kleanup Krew? They seem like they would be okay against MEQs and worse in fights. If these aren't the best choice for the role, what is?
The Reavers are what I'm least sure about. I like the idea of Cluster Caltrops being good for area denial and sort of "herding" the bad guys into where I want them to be and for taking out any nasty IC's.

One change I'm considering making is dropping the Troops squads down to 5, bringing Venoms instead. This'll free up enough room for me to take a voidraven bomber, but I'm cutting my number of shots in half. Good or bad idea?
My biggest question right now is "is the philosophy behind this list viable?" The philosophy being the ultimate zoomin, shootan glass cannon army? What will this do well and what will this do poorly against?
Back to top Go down
Deyfluff
Kabalite Warrior
Deyfluff

My First DE Army! 1k Points, Fast'n'Shooty Empty
PostSubject: Re: My First DE Army! 1k Points, Fast'n'Shooty   My First DE Army! 1k Points, Fast'n'Shooty I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27 2012, 06:41

The Haemonculus Ancient isn't worth the points up from the Haemonculus. When I take a haemie I do so for the FNP safe not the stat line. Also I've never found the hexrifle to do anything. I honestly don't think I've ever killed anything with it haha The liquifier is waaay better.

I think it makes more sense for you to take Duke Sliscus than a Haemonculus. You can stick him in a one of the raiders and then they'll wound on 3+.

Three reavers are probably going to get taken out realllllly quick. Its best to run them in units of at least 6, preferably 9 though because you can take 1 special weapon for every three models. Which gun you take depends on how you plan on playing. If you want more range take the haywire blaster or if you plan on going on the attack go with heat lances. If you do go with heat lances upgrade one in each squad to an arena champ and give him a venom blade that way if/when you get tied up in close combat you'll be able to put up some sort of fight.

Also on the raiders I would add flickerfields and splinter racks. Some people don't think flickerfields are worth it but I have always found them to be very good at keeping hull points on for a while longer. In the warrior squads I would drop the splinter cannons. With the splinter racks you get reroll missed hits on rifles and pistols and if you get the raider within 12 inches you can rapid fire. Soooo much poison.

The bloodbribes are really out of close in your list haha and I think you should just drop them all together.

Hope that helps!
Back to top Go down

My First DE Army! 1k Points, Fast'n'Shooty
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: