THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar and Anti Air?

Go down 
+8
Thor665
Massaen
Shadows Revenge
wittykid
Orthien
helvexis
Azdrubael
MordredBloodyhand
12 posters
AuthorMessage
MordredBloodyhand
Hellion
MordredBloodyhand

Dark Eldar and Anti Air? Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar and Anti Air?   Dark Eldar and Anti Air? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27 2012, 11:53

Feeling a little bummed out by todays game.....I feel like unlike other armies we cannot afford to ignore aircraft.....so i took a razorwing but lost it early.....truly i wish they had never brought flyers into the game or made them just like any other skimmer so i didnt need damn 6s to hit them with anything else....I hate that I am going to have to get a Aegis line or another razorwing to be sure my army survives in the new meta....i want to take things just from my army book!....has anyone else got any suggestions?...sorry to rant but i really think the game can be ruined by flyers.....
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar and Anti Air?   Dark Eldar and Anti Air? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27 2012, 12:17

Well - for me its fairly simple - as i have Close Combat oriented army enemy fliers cant fire inside going close combat.

Many Aircraft also geared towards AV duty, bar new Chaos Dragon, which is absolute nightmare for any infantry except Terminators.

Triple Razorwing is some sort of answer.
Back to top Go down
helvexis
Sybarite
helvexis

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar and Anti Air?   Dark Eldar and Anti Air? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27 2012, 12:33

My guard friend takes a vulture with the twin linked punisher Gatling cannon ... It now means I need a razorewing or voidraven ... That simple I can't rely on rolling 6's on a vehicle with bs4 h20 s5 twin linked shots ....

Well bs4v ground targets ...
Back to top Go down
Orthien
Sybarite
Orthien

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar and Anti Air?   Dark Eldar and Anti Air? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27 2012, 14:41

I personally love the ADL with Quad-gun but if thats something you want to avoid then its definatly up to a change in tactics.
As Azdrubael said anything in CC will be ignored by flyers so that is a strong choice. Also keep in mind that flyers have limited maneuverability. Get just behind or under them and you limit how many can see your units. Of cause the more flyers they have the harder this becomes but if they are reaching that many flyers you have the option to try and win by complete table wipe before anything arives.

Kabalite Warrior Helm Project Log: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t5342-real-life-kabalite-helm
Back to top Go down
wittykid
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar and Anti Air?   Dark Eldar and Anti Air? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27 2012, 14:57

Don't count our flyers out as a waste of effort just yet. We have pretty good flyers ourselves and with the general lower AV of flyers they will be more likely to pen with their lances if thats the main reason you are taking them.
The voidraven is a good all around tank hunting choice with its void lances its only slightly less effectevie than the three dark lance ravager but it also has thevoid mine which can decimate parking lots especially with new changes to blast templates and their damage against vehicles, and if you're willing to invest a chunk of points in them you can take some decent missiles.
The razorwing is also a decent choice for multi tasking because you have the missiles which are good at anti infantry and the dark lances can be if you want it mainly for something to counter flyers. The razorwing can also be decked out for pure anti infantry and excel in that role if you give it dual disintegrator cannons and either keep the stock missiles or upgrade them. Word of warning though for anti infantry be careful about the splinter cannon because you can't fire it along with any turn you use two missiles and the dissies

Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar and Anti Air?   Dark Eldar and Anti Air? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27 2012, 15:00

also if you want strictly AA duty take the void raven. Also if you go second (or your plane shows up later than theirs) deepstrike it behind them, that should give you two turns of peace as they have to fly off the board to stop you from continuely shooting at it (unless it can hover ofc, which then you just hit it with ground forces)

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar and Anti Air?   Dark Eldar and Anti Air? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27 2012, 16:18

Quote :
Also if you go second (or your plane shows up later than theirs) deepstrike it behind them, that should give you two turns of peace as they have to fly off the board to stop you from continuely shooting at it (unless it can hover ofc, which then you just hit it with ground forces)

Thats a really good advice, thank you. Even if first we can chose to leave table at any turn with Supersonic rule.
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar and Anti Air?   Dark Eldar and Anti Air? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27 2012, 16:28

As long as you remember you can't exit the turn you enter

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar and Anti Air?   Dark Eldar and Anti Air? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27 2012, 16:31

Cant find place in rules with this restriction, can you point me?

Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar and Anti Air?   Dark Eldar and Anti Air? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27 2012, 17:04

Page 40
Right hand column under Flyers.
2nd paragraph.
3rd sentence.

Back to top Go down
MordredBloodyhand
Hellion
MordredBloodyhand

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar and Anti Air?   Dark Eldar and Anti Air? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28 2012, 00:12

So I assume the same deep striking trick can be used with the razorwing? Thanks for the advice guys I just had to vent!
Back to top Go down
Aniasis
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar and Anti Air?   Dark Eldar and Anti Air? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28 2012, 12:43

If we deep strike the Razorwing Fighters it is considered moving flat out? And can we still fire that turn as they are considered Fast and supersonic? Or do we have ot try and snap fire?
Back to top Go down
Tiri Rana
Sybarite
Tiri Rana

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar and Anti Air?   Dark Eldar and Anti Air? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28 2012, 12:51

Deep striking vehicles count as having moved at cruising speed and can fire in the in the shooting phase as if they did.

Serip
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar and Anti Air?   Dark Eldar and Anti Air? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28 2012, 18:48

Shadows Revenge wrote:
also if you want strictly AA duty take the void raven. Also if you go second (or your plane shows up later than theirs) deepstrike it behind them, that should give you two turns of peace as they have to fly off the board to stop you from continuely shooting at it (unless it can hover ofc, which then you just hit it with ground forces)

Where does it say fliers can deepstrike? I might just be blind, but I cant find it under the "Flyers" section in the BRB
Back to top Go down
Tiri Rana
Sybarite
Tiri Rana

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar and Anti Air?   Dark Eldar and Anti Air? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28 2012, 19:28

Flyers can't deepstrike by default, but some older flyers, like ours, the Necron and Guard ones have it as their own special rule. The Stormtalon or the Ork flyers on the other hand don't have it for example.

1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar and Anti Air?   Dark Eldar and Anti Air? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28 2012, 20:37

Shadows Revenge that's genius! And its been right under my nose this whole time...

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar and Anti Air?   Dark Eldar and Anti Air? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28 2012, 22:21

That is huge, I had not realized that we could Deep Strike Our Fliers. Getting rear armor on Vendettas is Huge, especially in my local Tournament scene. The local Hard Core Winner runs Guard With Deamons, and 3 Vendettas and 2 flying Deamon princes. Now I can drop down behind anything I need and hit it from behind and have some protection from attacks back due to angles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar and Anti Air?   Dark Eldar and Anti Air? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar and Anti Air?
Page 1 of 1