THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar Slavemaster

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jpogfreak886
Slave

Dark Eldar Slavemaster Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar Slavemaster   Dark Eldar Slavemaster I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01 2012, 16:02

Hello Dark City!

So, after looking at the new ally system i went about thinking up a unit so that i could use some ally forces with my Dark Eldar without worrying about the "One Eye Open" rule since DE have next to no allies that aren't desperate. So i came up with the Dark Eldar Slavemaster. He fits the fluff, cause DE take lots of prisoners in their raids, and it makes sense for them to use the trained warriors as meatsheilds every so often. So here is the Stat line and rules:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Dark Eldar Slavemaster - 45 points

WS (4) BS (4) S (4) T (3) W (1) I (5) A (2) Ld (Cool Sv (5+)

Splinter Pistol, close combat weapon, Kabalite Armor
Night Vision, Fleet, Independent Character

+15pts - Agonizer (replaces CCW)
+10pts - Blast Pistol (replaces splinter pistol)

Special Rules

Slave Master - A Dark Eldar Slavemaster can join an allied "slave" squad of the following models; Imperial Guardsmen, Ork Boyz, Kroot, or Tau Firewarriors. This Slave squad (excluding the Slavemaster) suffers a -1 penalty to their Leadership and Initiative values to a minimum of 1. This effects the slave squad till the end of the game even if the Slavemaster is killed or leaves the unit.

"Teach 'em right" - All slave squads accompanied by a Slavemaster count as being "Allies of Convenience" instead of "Desperate Allies". This effect is lost if the Slavemaster dies or leaves the squad.

Sacrifice - Should a slave squad with a Slavemaster fail to pass a leadership or moral test, the owning player can choose to make the following roll of a D6:

1 - The Slavemaster shouts a vile threat to the fleeing squad. The squad counts as having passed the test and does not suffer the consequences of failing the test.

2-5 - The Slavemaster turns on the slaves and beats them for daring to flee in the face of battle. Resolve 3 Str 3 AP - hits on one slave model in the squad, without cover saves. The squad counts as having passed the test and does not suffer the consequences of failing the test.

6 - The squad is really spooked and would rather face the wrath of their masters than stand and fight. Resolve 3 Str 3 AP - hits on one slave model in the squad, without cover saves. The squad counts as having failed the test and suffers the consequences of failing the test.

Spiked Rations - For the price of +3pts per model (excluding the Slavemaster) the squad can be equipped with Combat Drugs (including the Slavemaster)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

How does this sound? is the pricing right? I really like the idea and i feel that i've made him a fair unit?

Thanks a lot!
Cheers Smile

Last edited by Jpogfreak886 on Fri Nov 02 2012, 15:06; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Slavemaster   Dark Eldar Slavemaster I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02 2012, 02:03

Its a cool idea, maybe swap the str 4 to toughness 4- like a combination of a beastmaster/wrack?
Its a fun idea though, it works for fluff but maybe for the last roll effect (on a 6) maybe the slaves could turn on the master and attempt to escape to freedom? Might be a fun turn of events. In this case you could say that they run 2D6 to the nearest table edge each turn unless another slavemaster is within 6"?
Possibly drop the combat drugs and for 3pts a model you could say that they have explosive tags in them, if they run away they blow up (each model has a small blast template st 4 ap 5) Or conversly in a turn you can nominate to detonate them any way (after unning them into an opposing unit obviously) This automatically grants all units within LoS and 8" +D6 a pain token for watching a particularly nasty death- dark eldar equivalent of fireworks?

A very slow, 30K Salamander Distraction Log: VULKAN LIVES
Back to top Go down
Jpogfreak886
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Slavemaster   Dark Eldar Slavemaster I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02 2012, 14:55

Oh my, I LOVE the explosive tags:

Explosive Tags - For 5 points per model, up to three slaves can be equipped with explosive collars. After the owning players fight sub-phase, the player can choose to detonate all the collars in a unit. Resolve a small blast Str 4 AP 6 over each model with a collar. The models with the collars are instantly removed as casualties. This blast will impact friendly and enemy units. Furthermore, any unit with LoS to this bloody explosion will gain a pain token.

Sounds good? Mmmmm very bloody; I love it.
Back to top Go down
shhbevewyquiet
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Slavemaster   Dark Eldar Slavemaster I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02 2012, 15:57

Absolutely love the tagging! May need to talk a guy @ my shoppe to allow me to do this just to c if I can blow up some guard! hehe

"I loathe the expression 'What makes him tick.' It is the American mind, looking for simple and singular solution, that uses the foolish expression. A person not only ticks, he also chimes and strikes the hour, falls and breaks and has to be put together again, and sometimes stops like an electric clock in a thunderstorm." James Thurber
Back to top Go down
ravengoescaw
Heamonculi
ravengoescaw

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Slavemaster   Dark Eldar Slavemaster I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09 2012, 00:31

For the tags, I think +5 pts is good, but I think it should make them more compliant, and the whole unit should take them. All or none type thing.

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t12640-band-of-the-unbending-thorn#142250

Still fighting the world and saving damsels in distress. ~Raven
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Slavemaster   Dark Eldar Slavemaster I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09 2012, 06:24

Jpogfreak886 wrote:
Furthermore, any unit with LoS to this bloody explosion will gain a pain token.

This would be to powerful. Maybe: Per explosion select one dark eldar unit within 12" this unit immediately gains a pain token, a unit may only gain one token in this manner per fight subphase. Or something along those lines.

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Slavemaster   Dark Eldar Slavemaster I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar Slavemaster
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Rules Development
-
Jump to: