THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New to dark eldar, is my list comp at 1850

Go down 
+3
Grub
Crazy_Ivan
Zachar
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Zachar
Slave

New to dark eldar, is my list comp at 1850 Empty
PostSubject: New to dark eldar, is my list comp at 1850   New to dark eldar, is my list comp at 1850 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 04 2012, 14:23

Hello, I have been playing with Eldar since second wdition and decided that it is high time to try out their dark cousins so here is the list

Hemo, Liquifier, Scissorhand

Sathonyx

Trueborn x5,Dark lancex2
Venom,Extra cannon

Trueborn x5,Dark lancex2
Venom,Extra cannon

Trueborn x5,Dark lancex2
Venom,Extra cannon

10 wracks, Liquifier gunx2
Raider, night shield

Warriors x5,blaster
Venom, Extra cannon

Warriors x5,blaster
Venom, Extra cannon

15 hellions

Ravager, Desintegratorsx3, Night shield

Razorwing, Splinter Cannon, Flickerfield, Night shield

Razorwing, Splinter Cannon, Flickerfield, Night shield

Ok so there are few things I am co sidering changing:
- dark lances on the ravager, well the more of them the better, on the other hand I have something to deal with 2+ and better save
- drop nightshields, I have the poor range anyway so why to botter ??
- drop 1 trueborn from each squad and put helliarch with stun claw,
- drop hemo and wracks and take jet council along with 3Gjb

I would also like to ask if my list is competetive, I am going to put the trueborn outside venoms so my opponent has to choose, I plan to jump from cover to cover with hellions and wait for the opportunity, hemo starts game with hellions and then leaves and goea to the trueborn so I am considering dropping liquifier and scissorhand from him, I planned to stuck him with wracks but raider is only for 10 models Sad

Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: New to dark eldar, is my list comp at 1850   New to dark eldar, is my list comp at 1850 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 04 2012, 19:57

I would drop one of the wracks and put the haeme with them, this will give them furious charge and re-rolls to wound against anything toughness 4 and below.
The hellions will survive in cover relatively well with the baron with his plus one to cover, and should soon gain a pain token to get their feels no pain.
i would reduce the trueborn squads to 3 and use those points somewhere else, if they are going to be sat in ruin sniping you should get a couple of go's with them beofre they get shot at if at all. i do teh same with mine and they often last until the end of the game
Run with dark lances on the ravager if you come up against an armour heavy army you definately wont regret it.
Definately put a helliarch in he can take any challenges that you do not want the baron to take.
and take night shields on all your venoms, you can normally get 1-2 rounds of shooting against most armies beofre they get in range.
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: New to dark eldar, is my list comp at 1850   New to dark eldar, is my list comp at 1850 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 04 2012, 23:23

Above is good advice, from my experiance I would alter the trueborn squads. Trueborn +Venom is great but trueborn + Dark lance... sounds good but doesn't work. If you taken them out remember they don't get an armor save against anything so they are safer sitting in there tissue paper planes. I would also drop the 2 dark lances and go for 3 trueborn in each with 3 blasters or 4 trueborn in each with 4 blasters. These are much more effective as dark glance weaponry is not that reliable in small numbers. Further more you want to get close and put your opponant under pressure utilizing the fantastic Venom+Trueborn threat bubble. And if you force your army to stick together like one big hammer, You shouldn't have to worry about your opponant choosing- everything is scary Razz
Disintergrators on a ravager are good as 6th has caused a shift in marine equivalent armies to drop all the mech and try and stick some 2+ armour saves on the board so I would keep that. With the rest of the dark lances I think you will be fine!

A very slow, 30K Salamander Distraction Log: VULKAN LIVES
Back to top Go down
Zachar
Slave

PostSubject: Re: New to dark eldar, is my list comp at 1850   New to dark eldar, is my list comp at 1850 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 05 2012, 08:14

Thanks for quick reply

Ok so after the changes my list looks like this

Hemo, Liquifier, Scissorhand

Sathonyx

Trueborn x4,Dark lancex2
Venom,Extra cannon, Night shield

Trueborn x4,Dark lancex2

Trueborn x4,Dark lancex2

9 wracks, Liquifier gun
Raider, night shield, enhanced aetersails

Warriors x5,blaster
Venom, Extra cannon, night shield

Warriors x5,blaster
Venom, Extra cannon, night shield

15 helions
1 helliarch, stun claw

Ravager, Dark lancesx3, Night shield

Razorwing, Splinter Cannon, Flickerfield

Razorwing, Splinter Cannon, Flickerfield

-removed one wrack
-added aethersails to raider , I will be rushing it to the opponent anyway
-removed night shields from razorwing, they are hard to hit and any flyer will have a range for them anyway
-added helliarch to the helions
-added night shields to other vehicles
-changed desi ravager to dark lances ravager, I thought about staying with desintegrators but with the poison shots I have, I think it is enough to deal with the termies, while lances are more useful if it comes to blowing up vehicles (for example IG)
-I will also stay with the trueborns with DL, the reason is that I am planning to leave them in cover, so they will either GTG if needed and then fire snapshots and my opponent will have to choose to shoot either at them or at venoms, besides they have quite a good range, while If I run them with blasters on 1 turn they will do nothing as I will have to rush venoms to my opponent thus loosing the efect of night shiled and risking my trueborn beeing pinned or die in explosion

So what do You think now ??
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: New to dark eldar, is my list comp at 1850   New to dark eldar, is my list comp at 1850 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 05 2012, 09:39

It looks better now, but you have to play risky with dark eldar. I used to play eldar a lot and they are very different play styles. You will lose vehicles and men but if you shouldn't be worried about that. DE are a very killy army. They hit very hard- In a 8000 point a side game between 4 of us my 3000 point dark eldar army held off against 4000 necrons and 4000 Mech IG while 7000 points of tau sat at the back and did nothing. We lost the game and I was totalled as expected but that 3000 points of dark elder wiped out 3000+ points of IG and 2000+ points of necron down to the last wyche. Don't worry about trueborn being pinned or dying in an explosion because that will happen to everything you own Razz The trick is to bring down twice as much with you when you die!

A very slow, 30K Salamander Distraction Log: VULKAN LIVES
Back to top Go down
Zachar
Slave

PostSubject: Re: New to dark eldar, is my list comp at 1850   New to dark eldar, is my list comp at 1850 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09 2012, 13:18

so tomorrow I will be playing in tournament and will try to post some battle rep

so far at the tourney we have

necron flying circus (6 night scythe 3 doom scythe)
necron almost flying circus (6 night scythe, 2 ccb, 3 anihilation barge)
nurgle chaos
nurgle chaos (almost the same as above so typhus 2 units of zombies 3 units of oblit with MoN, 3 plague marines, 4 spawns with MON helldrake)
warbiker orks
IG ( 2 vends, 2 hydras 2 manticore,a looooot of infantry with autocannon, ccs with plasma another with melta, pcs with flamer pcs with plasma)
IG and sister (as above but less troops have exorcist, saint celestine, and somee other sisters)

because I like chalanges I have issued one to the flying circus (9 flyers total) it will be a very hard battle but I think I will learn a lot about my army from this one Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kenny3760
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: New to dark eldar, is my list comp at 1850   New to dark eldar, is my list comp at 1850 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09 2012, 13:56

Seeing the armies you will be facing, I'd seriously consider dropping the Razorwings and get another 2 Ravagers with Lances in there. I'd strip nightshields off everything along with the sails. Do that and you have 200 points to play with, which is 2 units of 3 wracks with twin cannon venoms.

You'll then have 7 venoms and all your army starting on the table.

Against the 2 Necron lists I really can't see there being much on the table to start with, so I'd be looking for a wipeout before his T2. With the Baron this gives you a reasonable chance of having 2 turns of shooting to wipe them out. Having everything on the table helps here. 84 poison shots and the possibility of another 32 from the hellions backed up by 10 lances on 1st turn, followed up by another turn. Against the flyers you also need to get within 18" of his table edge, as soon as possible, to get the flyers going over you so nightshields will be of no use here.

The IG lists have enough ranged weapons to make nightshields obsolete and massed posion shots will rip through any infantry from range. Prioritise his manticores and hydras, 2 vendettas are easy enough to ignore. I'd like some haywire wyches for using against these list, perhaps in exchange for the blaster/warrior units.

Chaos nurgle lists can be really tough due to T5 and FnP, however massed poison should overcome this. You also outrange them so a backfield stance with venoms pouring fire into the priority target will serve you well, hence the need for more venoms.

Biker orks, again poison negate the toughness boost. Remember they are also no longer charcters so no wound allocation shenanigans allowed.

Hope this helps and good luck

One final thing, try and get another Hellion in the unit, possibly at the expense of the helliarch and stun claw. At 16 models 4 kills is a morale check, at 17 models they need 5 kills. You have the Baron for Ld anyway.
Back to top Go down
Tony Spectacular
Kabalite Warrior
Tony Spectacular

PostSubject: Re: New to dark eldar, is my list comp at 1850   New to dark eldar, is my list comp at 1850 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09 2012, 14:10

Quote :
try and get another Hellion in the unit, possibly at the expense of the helliarch and stun claw. At 16 models 4 kills is a morale check, at 17 models they need 5 kills. You have the Baron for Ld anyway.

This. Although, the Helliarch is nice if you want Challenge options. Still, I'd definitely squeeze another Hellion in there. Maybe drop the NS on the Warrior Venoms? Once you're inside of 24" they really won't make much of a difference.
Back to top Go down
Zachar
Slave

PostSubject: Re: New to dark eldar, is my list comp at 1850   New to dark eldar, is my list comp at 1850 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09 2012, 14:24

@keny

thanks for the tips however
-if I will be 18" or less from his table edge it will give me nothing because he does not have to fly straight, he can fly on an angle and be 4" from his edge
- nigthshield allows me to control range a little bit for example one IG player has 2x3 autocannons with hwt so If I position my venoms 48 from him he can not shoot me, then I will fly 12 inches and shoot him, otherwise If he starts first I am done
- the same goes for necrons their weapon is now 18 instead 24 which is a great advantage since my lances have 36 , so 1 turn shooting for free Very Happy
-I do not fear nurgle for couple of reasons, I have zound of posion shots, decent ap2 weapon and some CC units that can wipe his minor units so my shooting goeas for the plague termies, oblits and typhus
- warbiker player is very experienced, but I am too Very Happy unfortunatelly only with eldar, SW and chaos daemons, so this will be a good match Very Happy

I can not change the list anymore because I have already posted it but I have been thinking on something like this

hemo

trueborn x4
2x lanca
venom, night, cannon

trueborn x3
2x lanca
venom, night, cannon

trueborn x3
2x lanca
venom, night, cannon

warriorx5
blaster
venom, night, cannon

warriorx5
blaster
venom, night, cannon

warriorx5
blaster
venom, night, cannon

6 reavers
2 caltrops
2 blaster

6 reavers
2 caltrops
2 blaster

razor
cannon
flicker

razor
cannon
flicker

razor
cannon
flicker

but this will be for another time , anyway tomorrow evening after the tournament and then my wifes friend party I will try to post the results , with who I have played and how it went

Comments are welcome and much apprieciated Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kenny3760
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: New to dark eldar, is my list comp at 1850   New to dark eldar, is my list comp at 1850 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09 2012, 16:09

If you get to within 18" of his board edge, hopefully nearer and spread out I very much doubt he will be able to draw a bead on more than a couple of your units as he will be very restricted in where he can place his flyers. If he has came on at such an angle to be only 4" from his table edge the same will apply.

Fair enough on the n/s ranges, I no longer run boats with nightshields, and don't really find it aproblem, jink and cover work fine. As you said necron guns should never be near enough to make shields a requirement.

In your new list I'd be concerned about having my 3 flyers off the table at the start of the game. We really could do with as much on the table to start with.
Back to top Go down
Archon Bruce
Hellion
Archon Bruce

PostSubject: Re: New to dark eldar, is my list comp at 1850   New to dark eldar, is my list comp at 1850 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09 2012, 22:52

With the amount of fliers you will be facing, you might want to swap one or both razorwings out for voidravens. Otherwise, the razorwings are superior. I also think that the Trueborn squads need to have blasters, not DL. Keep them in the vehicles at all times. Nightshields are helpful because they mitigate the glances that AV10 will get from small arms fire. While I can understand the strategy of dropping the Wrack unit to 9 and putting the Haemie in for the extra pain token, you are losing a second liquifier. Sails on the Haemie Raider are great.
Back to top Go down
mug7703
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: New to dark eldar, is my list comp at 1850   New to dark eldar, is my list comp at 1850 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10 2012, 02:38

If you really want to beef up your already expensive hellion mob for 30pts you can give them all a PT. Start the Baron with 3 wracks and have him fly into their unit turn 1. It'll make them far more durable from the offset and you'll be less likely to make yourself vulnerable trying to grab a PT early on and leaving yourself open to fire.
The wracks can then sit on an objective in your base and go to ground. You already have a Haemon so they'll count as troops Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.trevelyanharper.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to dark eldar, is my list comp at 1850   New to dark eldar, is my list comp at 1850 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New to dark eldar, is my list comp at 1850
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: