THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2K Tournament Results

Go down 
+2
Archon Bruce
Aniasis
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Aniasis
Hellion

2K Tournament Results Empty
PostSubject: 2K Tournament Results   2K Tournament Results I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 04 2012, 20:00

Ok so I posted a list on here a couple weeks ago for a campaign I am playing, Well to launch the Campaign our store did a Tournament. It was 1999 points so it was single force orginizaion. 3 round tournament. Very small, only 8 players.

There was the following armies:
Grey Knights (Draigo Paladin List)
Tyranids (Monsterous Creature Spam)
Dark Angels
Salamanders
Chaos Marine/Daemons (Epidemious Tally List)
Ultra-Marine (Calgar)
Guard with Eldar Allies (3 Vendettas)
Dark Eldar (Duke List - Me)

The terrain was set Nova Tournament Style - Which is 3 Ruins diagonal across the board, Evenly spaced. One hill in each of the two corners and area Terrain in the middle of the long table edge on both sides. So the Terrain was equal among each player.

The First Mission was Diagonal deployment and the Scouring. (Which makes my Fast Vehicles Scoring) All the missions played were right out of the main rule book. I won the roll of for set up and elected ot allow my opponent to set up and go first. Planning on late last turn objective taking.

Played the Ultra Marine list with Calgar.

My List is posted in the Amry List section but briefly

Duke
Heamie - liguifier

20 Warriors 2 Splinter Cannons
3 sets of 10 Warriors w/ Splinter Cannon
Raiders with DLance and Splinter Racks Night Fields
2 sets of 5 Witches w/ Haywire
Venoms with Twin Cannons and Night Fields

2 Units of 4 Trueborn w/4 Blasters
Venoms with Twin Cannons and Night Fields

1 Ravager with Dissies
NIght Fields

2 Razorwings Fighters - 2 Dark lances, Standard Missles, Splinter Cannon, Flickerfield

First Opponents Army

Calgar

4 Full Tactical Squads 2 with ML and Melta 2 with Lascannon and Melta
1 10 man Terminators Cyclone and Assault Cannon (Calgar went here)
1 10 Stern Guard with Melta and Combi Meltas
1 5 scout sniper unit
2 Dev Squads 1w/4 ML the other with 2 Lascannon and 2 Plasma Cannon.

Objectives (6) He placed his 3 in his Building, in the area terrain and next to his hill. I placed mine in my building, my area terrain and on the edge of the building in the middle of the table on my side of the building.

I believe this was it. Set up, he hulled up his to Devs and to Tacticals in the building in his corner with the objective. The Terms and calgar were next to the building and close to his 2nd objective. A Tac Squad on the objective. His sterngaurd behind the area terrain and his last tactical squad by the hill and his last objective.

I placed the Duke, The Haemie and the 20 man unit in my building with my objective. 4+ cover with Feel no pain. Placed 2 Raiders behind the area terrain. the Ravager over by the hill. A venom between the Ravager and Raiders with Blasters. The third Raider next to the Building obscured from sight. The second Blaster Venom between the area terrain and the Building. and the 2 Witch venoms behind the building.

Now I was not too worried about bein in the open as my Warlord Trait was to get Night fight first turn. And combat drigs ended up being +1 Str which did nothing for me.

The game went by pretty quick as he tried ot move forward with his Terminators and stern guard while taking shots with his Devs and tac squads. While I used the range and speed to pick apart his entire army. Terminators cannot withstand mass Poison shots and ap 2 Blasters and Dissies. I was able to pick him completely apart by the end of 4th turn he was tabled and I had all 6 objectives. He managed ot destroy 3 venoms and one Raider. All squads were above half except one witch squad was sown to 2.

So I was up 22 points after the first Round.
The Guard Eldar player also made the 22 Points.

Next battle was Dawn of War and Purge the Alien (Great Kill points. I have 20 KP on the table!) I ended up playing the Nurgle Tally list.

His list
Chaos Lord MoN Deamon Weapon Term Armor (Not sure what else.)

3 10 Man Plague Marines with Plasma Guns

3 2 Man Oblit with MoN

Epidemius

5 Nurgling Bases

6 Plague bearers

1 Daemon Prince Nurgle Wings

So again I won the roll off and elected to go Second. And again I got night fight first turn Warlord Trait, and The Duke gave me A free pain token for Combat Drugs.

He rolled on the Chaos chart and was able to Infiltrate 3 units. his set up was as follows

10 man plague Marines with the Lord between his area terrain and the building. With 2 Oblits right behind them. 2 Oblits in the area terrain. He infiltrated 2 Plague Marines and on unit of oblits and the deamos came in through normal deep strike.

I decided to try out the Dukes ability to allow me to deep strike my raiders. So I set up the Duke, heamie and 20 warriors in my building. The Ravager across from his lord with a blaster venom next ot it. The two witch venoms in the middle one on either side of the area terrain. and the last blaster venom next to the building.

He then infiltrated his last oblits into the building across from my ravager. and both Plague Marines behind the building in the middle of the table.

He started off moving his one unit of Plague marines in the middle closer to my building squad left the second hidden. Moved his lord and Marines up towards my Ravager and slowly moved his 2 remaining Oblit units up. He rolled for his deamons and Epidemius and his nurglings came in and he mishaped. I got to place them. Soooooooo I placed them directly in front of my building.

I was only able to kill 4 marines in the lords unit as he moved closer to my Rabager, due ot FNP. But on the other side I poured everything into Epidemius and the nurglins, wiping them off the table! (No Tally for you!)) I was able to kill 4 marines in the Lords unit due to FNP.

So now with Epidemius gone he had ot push forward and moved up with both his infiltrating Marine units and his oblits. Shooting was minimal due to cover caves and Flicker fields.

I rolled reserves and 3 of my Raiders came in and 1 Razorwing came in. All 3 Raiders came in close to his Marines, to hitting on target and the 3rd scattered on 4 inches. And they unleashed everything on the Marines, Snap firing twin linked is great in rapid fire range! I wiped out one whole unit and all but the sarge of a second unit.And killed one oblit and wounded the other. The ravager continued to move and shoot the Lords unit, taking them down slowly.

He dropped his deamon Prince dropped in and his plague bearers And again once they dropped in they were wiped clean by mass poison! (Toughness, what is this toughness you speak of. I always wound on 4's even 3's with the dukes unit!) And for the second game he was tabled by the end of 4 and I got all his kill points! Scoring 17 pts

So second round I am up 39 VP
The Guard Eldar player was only able to get 13 VP for a total of 35 VP
Then I find out that the Dark Angel player also has 35 VP Top 3 So close!

His army:
Command Squad with 4 Plasma

Platoon squad with 3 lascannons and 30 Guard which he splits up. A hydra Flakk Tank
2 Units of Vets in Vendettas with 3 Melta in each
One Vendetta with a command in it.

Aegis Defence Line with Quad Gun

Eldrad

12 Guardians with Warlock

6 Fire Dragons with the Champ (Manning the Quad Gun with Crack Shot)

6 Dark Reapers

6 Pathfinders

Last Games
Hammer and Anvil and the Relic Short Table edges. I lost the roll off and had ot go first The relic is right in the middle of the table in the building. I bunker up in my building with the normal 20 warriors with the characters and set two Raiders up front on my line right in the middle with the two witch Venoms right behind them. Ready to run up and grab the objective and run. I placed on Blaster venom and the ravager on the left side, and the last Blaster venom and Raider on the right.

He Placed his entire army behind the Aegis line With the Quad Gun and Flakk tank next to each other. Lascannons split up on either side. Command squad right up front against the line. Reapers in his building. Eldrad and his unit next ot the flakk tank. And Guard bodies on either side.

Now I am not going to go into the whole battle here, but it was brutal. I surged forward and jumped out two units of warriors on the relic. And zoomed up the other vehicles. I unloaded almost everything into the Pathfinders as they were the only thing i could reach. Took a couple shots at his line but did nothing really. I was able to shoot his Reapers in the building and kill them all! (First Blood)

He did not do much moving and unloaded everything he could into my advance units. After the smoke settled and a mass of cover saves. 6 warriors in one unit and 7 in the other remained Ravager lost a gun and the raider on my right was destryd and only 2 warriors died.

I deep struck my Ravorwing behind his line and only scattered 4 inches Great! (Or so I thought) I grabbed the relic and jumped both units back into the raiders and began ot move away. Did not realize i can only move 6 inches when carrying the relic. The Venoms all move up along withthe ravager. NOW he gets to use his Quad gun due ot interceptor and shoot my Razorwing, and blows it up. (big sigh) I unload everything up front into his line and killed his command squad and Warlord (Warlord Dead) and kill off hisd Fire dragons.

Two of his Vendettas come in outflanking and getting lined up to hit my raiders with the relic. His Eldrad unit moved up. He then blows up both remaining raiders now the unit with the relic is down to 4 and the other unit is down ot 2. His line fires wiht everything and blows up both Blastor Venoms, killing 2 out of one unit and 1 out of the other. The one unit of blasters is pinned.

My second Razorwing comes in right behind his Vendetta on the right. And I move back with the relic and smaller unit towards my building. Witch venoms shuffle about and the blaster unit not pinned moves back on foot. He gets to again shoot my Razorwing with interceptor and again blows it up.(Aother big sigh) I fire everythign i have and do minimal damage. My two warrior units keep moving back running.

His last Vendetta comes in and his others move around, both the earlier ones go to hover, he did not want me ot blow them up and lose all his guys to the str 10 hits. He fires and blows up both Witch venoms only killing 2 in one unit. The Ravager loses another gun. Both witch squads pass pinning.

Now with the Witches on foot and still alive they along with the warriors remaining on foot surround the vendetta. The trueborn each move closer ot the other two Vendettas. And the warriors with the relic and the 2 warriors make it to the building and move the relic closer to the large mass unit. Shooting sees one Vendeatta Stunned, and the other loses a HP from a haywire gernade. Warriors shooting does nothing. The witches assault the Hovering Vendetta and wreck it and they fcrew is forced to emergency disembark..... and are surrounded with nowhere ot go. Ooops they are all dead!

Now for the last couple turns all that happens is a mass shoot out between my units in the building and his vets and vendettas . He kept using a psychic power to make my warriors shoot my large unit. Down ot the last turn he finally shoot me off the relic and the game ends. No one claims the relic. He got line breaker..... and thats it. We draw I get Warlord and First blood winning the round 4-3!

I win the tournament!!!

Was a brutal and hard last game I had ot throw everything i had at him to try and keep my unit alive with the relic. And keep it away from him.

SO my first showing with Dark Eldar at a Tournament with The Baron and mass hellions and warriors got me Second place. And now this one with the Duke and Mass Firepower has won me First Place!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Archon Bruce
Hellion
Archon Bruce

PostSubject: Re: 2K Tournament Results   2K Tournament Results I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16 2012, 22:45

I particularly enjoyed the DS Raiders with Splinter Racks. I had contemplated this, but have yet to try it out in practice. I cringed when I saw Chaos going first and Infiltrating 3 units. Looks like you got lucky there. Keep us posted on your next outing.
Back to top Go down
Bugs_N_Orks
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 2K Tournament Results   2K Tournament Results I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18 2012, 13:50

Nice reports and Good work. One thing stood out in your last game though:
Quote :
He kept using a psychic power to make my warriors shoot my large unit.
If you're talking about Puppet Master, you should know that it only affects one model, not the whole unit. It's a focused witch fire so if he rolls 5 or under he gets to pick the model, but at worst he'll get to shoot a splinter cannon at you. Using that power on a venom (or a razorwing if it's pointed at your guys) would be much scarier.
Back to top Go down
Aniasis
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 2K Tournament Results   2K Tournament Results I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27 2012, 22:36

Thanks for mentioning the Puppet Master, I should have read it more clearly when it was used. But in all fairness, I made my own mistake and was using my blasters as Melta, not lance. Though they really did not do much to any tanks so it was not to important a mistake. But for now on I will be aware of it.

I have another Tourny this saturday and will post the results, am trying a couple changes. I posted the new list in the Army list section if any would like to take a look and leave me some feedback.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: 2K Tournament Results   2K Tournament Results I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28 2012, 18:40

Nice tournament overview, look forward to the next one. Thanks for sharing the pain! Smile

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: 2K Tournament Results   2K Tournament Results I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30 2012, 03:07

Thanks! keep em comming.

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
http://patreon.com/skaredcast
Nappen
Kabalite Warrior
Nappen

PostSubject: Re: 2K Tournament Results   2K Tournament Results I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04 2012, 02:09

Thanks for the report, nice win!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2K Tournament Results   2K Tournament Results I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2K Tournament Results
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Realspace Raids