THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Orks Vs Dark Eldar

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Nappen
Kabalite Warrior
Nappen

Orks Vs Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Orks Vs Dark Eldar   Orks Vs Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 05 2012, 02:27

Battle Report #7 2000 points: Orks vs. DE

It has been a while since I had a game. Amazingly this was my first ever battle against orks. Just not many people around my area that play them, I guess. The game took around 3 and a half hours, so I don’t remember every roll and I don’t know all the options are exactly what his troops were called etc, so I apologize up front for that. The game was a blast though.

The armies:

DE

HQ
Duke Sliscus
Haemonculus: LG, venom blade, Hexrifle
Haemonculus: LG, venom blade, Hexrifle

Troops
9 Wyches: RF, in a Raider with DC, NS, Haemonculus starts here
9 Wyches: RF, in a Raider with DC, NS Haemonculus starts here
10 Warriors: SC take a raider but do not start in it.
5 Wracks, LG in a Venom with SC X 2

Elites
4 Incubi, SC X 2, NS

Fast
6 Reavers with HL X 2, cluster caltrops X 2
6 Reavers with HL X 2, cluster caltrops X 2

Heavy
Ravager NS
Ravager NS
Razorwing, 2 DC, FF, NS

Orks

HQ
Super armor Meganob
Warboss

Troops
10 Nobs with 5 flamers, big choppas, pain boy in a battle wagon with deffrolla
5 MegaNobs with famers, power claws in a battle wagon with deffrolla
17 Gretchen with a herder

Fast
6 warbikes
6 warbikes

Heavy
Loota Wagon with boom gun
Loota wagon with lots of weapons

Mission: scouring
Deployment: hammer and anvil
Special Issues: Mysterious forest
Warlord Traits: He go the move through cover one, I got the -1 to his reserve rolls
Terrain: See diagram
Ability rolls: I rolled for combat drugs and got a pain token.
Night Fighting: Yes

Deployment: I won the roll off and elected to go first. I put the warriors in the runs in the middle of my side of the board with the duke. The venom with the incubi were right there, as well as a raider full of wyches. Next to that was on squad of reavers. On the other side behind a building I hid the ravagers and a raider, leaving one raider in the open between the buildings. The venom with the wracks was to the far right with the other squad of reavers.

He placed everything but his bikes on the board. All generally centered around the central building that he put the git guys in.

He failed to steal the initiative. The objectives ended up being 4 points in the woods. 2 points on the hill to the right of the board, 3 points in the ruins with my warriors, two points on the central hill, three points behind the building in his deployment zone and one point for the one off in the rocks.

Orks Vs Dark Eldar Oarks_vs_DE_2k_points_Deployment

Turn 1 Bloody Claw:
The duke got in the venom and sped to the left center of the board. The ravagers and raiders positioned for shots at his closest battlewagon. The venom with the wracks moved forward 6 inches towards the woods and got close enough that the wracks could disembark into them. Turned out to be the one that adds 2+ to saves against grenades. My reavers repositioned.

In the shooting phase I caused one glancing hit on the battle wagon with the Nobs inside. My Warrior with the splinter cannon managed one wound on the gitz boss (he had him up front) leaving him two. My one venom in range killed one gitz on the roof. My first reavers turbo boosted to better position for the jink save. The other boosted over the Gretchen killing 11. Yeah Caltrops. The Gretchen ran ending up about one inch from the board edge.
Orks Vs Dark Eldar Oarks_vs_DE_2k_points_Turn_1_Kabal_of_the_Bloody_Claw

Turn 1 Orks:
In the movement phase all four vehicles moved up. His Gretchen regrouped.

His boom gun put got a pen on the raider ending up with a 3. His gitz fired at my reavers, killing three. I did not realize they ignored cover. So much for jink, but yeah FNP and the combat drugs or they would all have been lost. He then fired all his weapons at the one ravager in range managing one pen that caused him to only fire snapshots next turn. I think it was his zap gun that did it, but can’t remember.

Orks Vs Dark Eldar Oarks_vs_DE_2k_points_Turn_1_Orks

Turn 2 Bloody Claw:

My razor wing failed to come in. I moved everything I could to try and get into position to take out the first battlewagon that had the zap gun. The wracks moved deeper into the woods. The three reavers on the right moved over an lined up the gitz on top of the tower for a bladevane attack. The other reavers moved forward but could not get into 18 inches from the battlewagon.
In the shooting phase the three reavers on the right boosted back to the hill top with the objective, managing to kill a gitz with the bladevanes. All my combined shooting managed to wreck the battle wagon via hull points and I got one hull point on a looted wagon.
During assault the full squad of reavers backed up again.
Orks Vs Dark Eldar Oarks_vs_DE_2k_points_Turn_2_Kabal_of_the_Bloody_Claw

Turn 2 Orks

He rolled a three for his first set of bikes, but my warlord trait made it a two and then he rolled a two for his other bikes. No reserves for either of us this turn.

With his movement phase he moved up more and put his remaining battle wagon so that it’s side was to the reavers Heat Lances moving 12 inches. His other vehicles moved 6 and his nobs started heading at my warriors. The gitz stayed put and the Gretchen moved back onto the objective.

In shooting phase his gitz were out of range of everything. Yeah night shields. His boom gun killed three warriors. His nobs ran. He then managed a pen on my raider, destroying its dark lance. His battlewagon fired everything (missle, Kannon, two big shootas) at my three reavers and only managed to kill one (jink and FNP).
Orks Vs Dark Eldar Oarks_vs_DE_2k_points_Turn_2_Orks

Turn 3 Bloody Claw:
Razor Wing arrives. I moved all my AT to get shots at his remaining wagons. My reavers came down the hill to get a shot at the battlewagon. My other reavers moved forward. My venoms moved to get behind the Nobs to take shots at them. My wyches get out of their raider hoping to assault the Nobs. They take a pain token and leave the haemonculus behind. (Nobs are actually only 10 inches from the walls with the warriors and the wyches are under the walls closer to the Nobs than I could get it on the map).

Shooting: My 2 reavers fire point blank into the side armor hitting with the HL and immobilizing his battlewagon. A ravager explodes the loota hitting two Nobs who make their saves. The venoms take out a few Nobs (and the warboss) and the wyches fail to kill any. The warriors kill one up front and a wound from another. I manage one wound on the pain boy, but he still lives, giving more FNP to the Nobs. The Razorwing only manages to kill three gitz.

Assault: In the assault my wyches failed to make their charge, but took no wounds on overwatch. Both reaver squads moved back away from the orks.
Orks Vs Dark Eldar Oarks_vs_DE_2k_points_Turn_3_Kabal_of_the_Bloody_Claw

Turn 3 Orks

One squad of bikes come on, the other does not.
Movement: His meganobs came out with their warboss. The nobs move forward. The loota with the big gun moves a bit forward. The gitz come out because the realize I have range and am not getting near him. His bike squad came in within range of my reavers.

Shooting: His battlewagon unloads everything at my two reavers again and between his bad ballistic skill, the jink and FNP, neither die. His boom gun hits a ravager but I make jink. His bikes kill four reavers. His gitz fire at the only vehicle in range, causing no damage but he loses another wound to his character to “gets hot.” He flames the wyches bringing the total down to 5. Shooting from the Nobs kill two warriors.

Assault: He attempts to assault the warriors with the nobs but fails his roll. He loses one wound to overwatch. His meganobs charge the wyches who manage to hit twice on overwatch but they saved the wounds. In CC the wyches manage to cause a wound and then are completely destroyed. He consolidates 5 inches forward.
Orks Vs Dark Eldar Oarks_vs_DE_2k_points_Turn_3_Orks

Turn 4 Bloody Claw:
Movement Phase: The venoms move to a position where they can shoot either the gitz or the bikes. The reavers near the bikes postion for a turboboost. The reavers up on the hill move to take a shot at the boom gun looted wagon and the ravagers move to go after the warboss with the meganobs.

Shooting: The turboboost of the reavers kills two bikes and the venoms mop up the rest, while placing the venoms in a position to contest the gretchin objective. The Razorwing takes out the rest of the gitz with two missles and the DCs. The first ravager gets three wounds on the meganobz. The first is taken on a look out sir, killing a meganob. The second is saved on his boss’s 5+ invul and he fails the third, leaving him two wounds. The second ravager got two wounds, one taken on a look out sir and the other dropping the boss to one last wound. The raider’s DLs both wiffed. The two reavers on the hill explode the looted wagon with the boom gun. He Haemonculus with the liquifer gun on the raider by the nobs flames four of them causing one wound. The last warriors and the other Haemy with the hexrifle manage to kill a couple of Nobs.

Assault: The two reavers retreat back up to the objective on the hill.
Orks Vs Dark Eldar Oarks_vs_DE_2k_points_Turn_4_Kabal_of_the_Bloody_Claw

Turn 4 Orks:
His meganobz go camp on the three point objective behind the wall, while the mega-armor warboss heads to the warriors. The Nobs go that way too. The last squad of warbikes comes on and aims towards the wracks. The Gretchen do nothing.

Shooting: The Gretchen and Runt Herder fire at the two reavers failing to cause any wounds. The Battle Wagon unloads everything into the two reavers and again fails to kill one. The Nobz fire into the warriors but get no hits. The bikes fire their 18 twin linked shots into the wracks-who immediately go to ground. He gets 6 wounds. After the 4+ cover save (woods + going to ground) and FNP only one wrack was lost.

Assault:
His Nobz and megaboss assault and kill the warriors. He consolidates a couple of inces.
Orks Vs Dark Eldar Oarks_vs_DE_2k_points_Turn_4_Orks

At this point Orks concede. Looking at the points DE: 8 (1st Blood, Line Breaker, 7 points in objectives) Orks: 4 (Line Breaker, 3 points in objectivs)

The game was a blast and my opponent was a great guy. It was actually pretty close until the last turn or two. Could have been a different story if his bikes came in earlier. The night shields were invaluable with his shorter range weapons. The heroes of the game were the reavers though. They took a beating and still managed multiple kills.
Back to top Go down
Blank05
Hellion

Orks Vs Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orks Vs Dark Eldar   Orks Vs Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07 2012, 02:42

Great report. It's been a while since I've seen Orks on the table for me.

This may sound like a Noob question, but what are you using to create your pics?
Back to top Go down
Skari
Wych
Skari

Orks Vs Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orks Vs Dark Eldar   Orks Vs Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07 2012, 03:48

nice.

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
http://patreon.com/skaredcast
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

Orks Vs Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orks Vs Dark Eldar   Orks Vs Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07 2012, 07:23

Great Battle report! Good to see some Ork action. Nice to see reavers pulling their weight.

Blank05 wrote:

This may sound like a Noob question, but what are you using to create your pics?

Battle Chronicler Tutorial

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Nappen
Kabalite Warrior
Nappen

Orks Vs Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orks Vs Dark Eldar   Orks Vs Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07 2012, 18:55

I am liking reavers more and more, they have a lot of flexibility between AI and AT that most of our units don't.

That ignores cover thing really stank though. I just never crossed my mind about jink being a cover save.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Orks Vs Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orks Vs Dark Eldar   Orks Vs Dark Eldar I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Orks Vs Dark Eldar
Page 1 of 1