THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Vambrace Blade

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

The Vambrace Blade Empty
PostSubject: The Vambrace Blade   The Vambrace Blade I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 05 2012, 21:33

I've done a bit of musing on the vambrace blade. An interview with Cruddace at GD France revealed (I'm sure we knew to a degree) that the models are designed first and then the rules are decided afterwards. This led me to think about the vambrace blade.

It's clearly defined in Jes's concept sketches, picvtures of 'eavy metal wyches state 'wych with vambrace blade'; it's also as its own image in the weapon gallery page.

Do you think this was intended to have rules or was just 'designed'? What rules would you envisage it having?

I'd make it 15pts as an upgrade to a wych as a new wych weapon and one model in base to base would be forced to reroll their hits.

What do you think about the vambrace blade?

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Orthien
Sybarite
Orthien

The Vambrace Blade Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Vambrace Blade   The Vambrace Blade I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06 2012, 01:19

I would say he definitely had them in mind for a possible special weapon. Maybe they were the first incarnation of Razor-flails but got swapped for the bigger flashier option and were just kept on models for flavor.

definitely like them as a weapon though. Very Wych like to take something meant to defend you and make it kill for you.

Kabalite Warrior Helm Project Log: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t5342-real-life-kabalite-helm
Back to top Go down
Talos
Kabalite Warrior
Talos

The Vambrace Blade Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Vambrace Blade   The Vambrace Blade I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06 2012, 09:18

I alos belive it could be the first incarnation of a wych weapon, but not the flail.
It could be a early version of hydra knives, before being turned in to the hydra gantlet.

The wych weapons of old was hydra knives, razorsnare and shardnet & implier.

Back to top Go down
http://www.olasart.se
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

The Vambrace Blade Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Vambrace Blade   The Vambrace Blade I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06 2012, 14:28

The old combo was the 'Razor snare & Falchion' as I recall.I could buy it as sort of a rework of the old Falchion maybe, mayne with the other hand having a razor snare (which, again, has a piece that kind of looks like it in that 'grappling hook' arm.

Back to top Go down
Talos
Kabalite Warrior
Talos

The Vambrace Blade Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Vambrace Blade   The Vambrace Blade I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06 2012, 15:37

my bad, razorsnare & falichin it was.
Back to top Go down
http://www.olasart.se
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

The Vambrace Blade Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Vambrace Blade   The Vambrace Blade I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06 2012, 15:54

I could see two ways it would work. Either A: it was a second defensive wych weapon (so there would be two offensive wych weapons, and 2 defensive wych weapons) that would have something to do with defense, so re-roll dodge save on the model, or lower the model base WS by one (kinda like what old ww did)

Or it could be another offensive one like a punch blade style weapon (aka... assassin creed blade) That could of been re-roll to wound, and the razorflail was re-roll to hit. They probably decided to combine the two into the razorflail to make it more competitive with the other two, and just kept the look because it is so memorable.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Vambrace Blade Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Vambrace Blade   The Vambrace Blade I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Vambrace Blade
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION