THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 DE with eldar allies

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jb7090
Kabalite Warrior
jb7090

1850 DE with eldar allies Empty
PostSubject: 1850 DE with eldar allies   1850 DE with eldar allies I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07 2012, 15:33

Hello everyone, I used to run a null deployment deep striking Duke list back in 5th, but after a few games with the current edition I just dont like how it plays anymore so Im going to change it up. If you could have a look at the list Id appreciate it, thanks.

1850 Pts - Dark Eldar Roster

Farseer - runes of warding, doom, singing spear
10 guardians with shuriken cannon

Duke
Haemonculus

5 warriors, 1 blaster, venom with extra cannon

3 trueborn, 2 splinter cannons, venom with extra cannon
9 trueborn, 7 shardcarbines, 2 splinter cannons, raider with splinter racks
4 trueborn, 4 blasters, venom with extra cannon

ravager
ravager
talos with TL liquifier

9 reavers, 1 champion, 3 heat lances.

total cost 1849

Typically I use blaster born and blasters on my reavers, but I feel with so much less mech on the table the blaster born werent needed as much as before. Im also not used to using heat lances on the reavers, going to have to get in a lot closer than before, 9' as oppoised to 18' from the blasters, but Im hoping that with the inclusion of pre-measuring that wont be such an issue.

The haem is there to give the reavers a pain token and thats about it; jink save + skilled rider + FnP should make them just tough enough that my opponent cant shoot them a couple times with an auto cannon and forget about them.

The duke is the duke. Best HQ in our book and easily one of the best in all of 40k. With his abilities I can deep strike reserve some of my army if I dont like my opponents deployment, he gives those trueborn 3+ poison on shardcarbines and I get 2 rolls on the drug table to combat getting the 1 which does the reavers zero good.
Back to top Go down
Ferox77
Hellion
Ferox77

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE with eldar allies   1850 DE with eldar allies I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07 2012, 18:00

Looks like a good list. Runes of warding is so good and should help a lot with psychic def. I have been thinking about running reavers, and I like the idea of starting them with a heam. What do you usualy do with your heam after turn 1? Also, I don't have the codex with me so I'm not sure, but do splinter racks work with carbines and cannons?
Back to top Go down
Murkglow
Kabalite Warrior
Murkglow

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE with eldar allies   1850 DE with eldar allies I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07 2012, 18:27

Ferox77 wrote:
Also, I don't have the codex with me so I'm not sure, but do splinter racks work with carbines and cannons?

No, just Splinter Rifles and Splinter Pistols so he's going to want to change them one way or the other (either leave them with rifles or drop the rack). Other then that I'm not much of a fan of guardians as allies. What do they bring that Warriors don't do as well/better? I'd personally use Jetbikes or Rangers.
Back to top Go down
jb7090
Kabalite Warrior
jb7090

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE with eldar allies   1850 DE with eldar allies I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07 2012, 18:44

Yeah I missed that part in the splinter rack entry where it says they only work with splinter rifles and pistols. Gonna have to re-think it.

I brought the guardians as part of the eldar detachment because they are cheap, I really only want a farseer for his runes of warding. If I want to stick him on a bike with some other guardians or warlocks I'll do that with another list, but that beyond the scope of what Im trying for here.

Be back in a bit with something updated...
Back to top Go down
Murkglow
Kabalite Warrior
Murkglow

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE with eldar allies   1850 DE with eldar allies I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07 2012, 18:51

Oh I'm not talking about putting the Farseer on a bike, just taking a 3 man squad of bikes instead of Guardians. They're even cheaper then guardians and make decent speedy scoring units to grab objectives int he last turn. You can stick the Farseer on foot in a squad of warriors (or put him in a raider) if you want. That said, it's just my personal preference, by all means use the guardians if they work for you.
Back to top Go down
jb7090
Kabalite Warrior
jb7090

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE with eldar allies   1850 DE with eldar allies I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07 2012, 19:11

Murkglow wrote:
Oh I'm not talking about putting the Farseer on a bike, just taking a 3 man squad of bikes instead of Guardians. They're even cheaper then guardians and make decent speedy scoring units to grab objectives int he last turn. You can stick the Farseer on foot in a squad of warriors (or put him in a raider) if you want. That said, it's just my personal preference, by all means use the guardians if they work for you.

Hurmmm, interesting points. I dont think the farseer can go in a DE transport though.
Back to top Go down
Murkglow
Kabalite Warrior
Murkglow

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE with eldar allies   1850 DE with eldar allies I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07 2012, 19:41

You're correct, I just kinda threw that out there without thinking about it. Still a squad of Warriors on foot can babysit him while throwing out alot of Splinter fire or even a couple Dark Lances a turn.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE with eldar allies   1850 DE with eldar allies I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 DE with eldar allies
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: