THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Blasterborn or Splinterborn I can't Decide at 2k

Go down 
+2
Grub
pehldog63
6 posters
AuthorMessage
pehldog63
Kabalite Warrior
pehldog63

Blasterborn or Splinterborn I can't Decide at 2k Empty
PostSubject: Blasterborn or Splinterborn I can't Decide at 2k   Blasterborn or Splinterborn I can't Decide at 2k I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08 2012, 21:09

Archon
venom blade
huskblade
combat drugs
soultrap
PGL
Shadowfield

Haem
Venom blade
Liquifer

Incubi x5

Raider
Dark Lance
Nightshield

True born x5
Shardcarbine x3
Splintercannon x2
Haywire Grenades x5

Venom
Splinter cannon
nightshield

True born x5
Shardcarbine x3
Splintercannon x2
Haywire Grenades x5

Venom
Splinter cannon
nightshield

Warrior x10
Splinter Cannon

Raider
Dark Lance
Splinter racks
Nightshield

Warrior x10
Splinter Cannon

Raider
Dark Lance
Splinter racks
Nightshield

Warrior x10
Splinter cannon

Raider
Dark Lance
Splinter racks
Nightshield

Wyches x5
Haywire x5

Venom
Splinter cannon
nightshield

Wyches x5
Haywire x5

Venom
Splinter cannon
nightshield

Ravagers x2
Darklances
nightshield

Jetfigher
Darklance
splinter cannon
Flickerfield

I can't decide if I should switch out splinter cannon true born for the tried and ture blasterborn. I would switch out the splinterborn with 4 blasterborn or can they do the job with just 3.. I feel I have enough AT to take the splinterborn but if I take the blasterborn I could switch out the wyches and put in some wracks for some objective takers.
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: Blasterborn or Splinterborn I can't Decide at 2k   Blasterborn or Splinterborn I can't Decide at 2k I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08 2012, 23:17

you probably have enough dakka to rival a shooty ork list there! I would take blasterborn as there is a lot of 2+ armor saves flooding boards now and blasters are far more effective against that stuff, further more you can't have enough AT! Also drop the trueborn squads down to the minimum you need for the special weapons e.g. 4 blasterborn, the extra man is a waste of points Smile

A very slow, 30K Salamander Distraction Log: VULKAN LIVES
Back to top Go down
Archon Bruce
Hellion
Archon Bruce

PostSubject: Re: Blasterborn or Splinterborn I can't Decide at 2k   Blasterborn or Splinterborn I can't Decide at 2k I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09 2012, 02:20

I love Splinterborn, but you may want to swap 1 unit out for Blasterborn for the AP2. If you get short on points, you can take the shardcarbines off the other unit. Scarry Dakka though!
Back to top Go down
Guile22
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Blasterborn or Splinterborn I can't Decide at 2k   Blasterborn or Splinterborn I can't Decide at 2k I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09 2012, 03:38

Just a suggestion on your splinterborn - you probably don't need to spend the points on shardcarbines. In 5th there was enough improvement over splinter rifles to warrant the points spend but in 6th your venom can move 6" and your splinter rifles can still shoot 24" or twice at 12"....just a thought.
Back to top Go down
kenny3760
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Blasterborn or Splinterborn I can't Decide at 2k   Blasterborn or Splinterborn I can't Decide at 2k I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09 2012, 13:21

I believe you need more flyer defence in the list. I would be looking to change both the splinterborn units to blasters. These could do the "ranged" AT duties while you ravagers and razorwing look after flyers.

I have tried the splinter rack warrior units, with mixed results, and eventually dumped the racks. They've got to stay on the boat to be effective, which means the boat has to move slow for them to shoot or else they are limited to snap fire. Might be worth trading those units out for some wrack/venoms.
Back to top Go down
pehldog63
Kabalite Warrior
pehldog63

PostSubject: Re: Blasterborn or Splinterborn I can't Decide at 2k   Blasterborn or Splinterborn I can't Decide at 2k I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09 2012, 15:02

Thanks guys for the suggestions. I was wondering if I should drop the ravagers and try and fit in 2 more razorwings for a total of three. I would have to drop the points somewhere else though.
Back to top Go down
Murkglow
Kabalite Warrior
Murkglow

PostSubject: Re: Blasterborn or Splinterborn I can't Decide at 2k   Blasterborn or Splinterborn I can't Decide at 2k I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09 2012, 15:47

The problem with massed Flyers is you're spending alot of points on something that isn't on the board the first turn and might not come on the turn after (and might lose turns as it flies off the board/can't get the target in its sights). This really limits how much damage you can do quickly early on and early damage is always better then later damage as it gives them less to hurt you back with. It also lets them focus on pieces of your army at a time. Finally, even if you did go all out on flyers there isn't any way to ensure you win the air war. IG, Necron, even Marines can all potentially beat you in the air pretty handily (as they get more/better flyers) and any dedicated AA the enemy has will have plenty of good targets vs you.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't go with flyers or even alot of flyers if you want to, just pointing out some issues to keep in mind.
Back to top Go down
kenny3760
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Blasterborn or Splinterborn I can't Decide at 2k   Blasterborn or Splinterborn I can't Decide at 2k I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09 2012, 15:55

Our flyers suck hard.

We need as much on the table as possible to overwhelm opponents so taking 3 flyers, which severely eats into our long range AT is an absolute no-no for me.
They are also AV10 or 11 if a voidraven, meaning they are not exactly difficult to bring down. Everybody else's flyers wreck them without thinking, IG shoot them out the sky with Hydra's or vendettas and now CSM have dedicated anti-flyer weapons. I wouldn't be taking our flyers as a counter to other armies flyers, it is much better to play the ignore and evade game or go for the 1 or 2 turn wipeout.
Back to top Go down
pehldog63
Kabalite Warrior
pehldog63

PostSubject: Re: Blasterborn or Splinterborn I can't Decide at 2k   Blasterborn or Splinterborn I can't Decide at 2k I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09 2012, 16:20

It sounds like are best strategy is to concentrate on the ground war to win the fight. Taking the idea of trying to win the ground war, would it be better to arm the razorwing with disintegrator cannons and rely on the blasterborn and ravager for AA, if needed? The disintegrators would really help with wiping out troops. I’m just wondering if this would work because my last battle I fought CSM and he brought two helldrakes. The helldrakes just massacred my troops. I will admit I did not have much of AA in that fight so I am a little worried if I did take disintegrator would I still be able to combat the enemy air with the blasterborn, ravagers, and my DE mobility.
Back to top Go down
kenny3760
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Blasterborn or Splinterborn I can't Decide at 2k   Blasterborn or Splinterborn I can't Decide at 2k I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09 2012, 19:09

If you are looking to get rid of troops then a twin cannon venom is the tool you need in almost every case. Keep as many lances as possible
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blasterborn or Splinterborn I can't Decide at 2k   Blasterborn or Splinterborn I can't Decide at 2k I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blasterborn or Splinterborn I can't Decide at 2k
Page 1 of 1