THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Moving and shooting

Go down 
+4
Massaen
ravengoescaw
Zaakath
stapebren7502
8 posters
AuthorMessage
stapebren7502
Slave
stapebren7502

Moving and shooting Empty
PostSubject: Moving and shooting   Moving and shooting I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09 2012, 02:38

Hello all.Ok here is the set up.I have a 5 man Trueborn squad in a Venom with double splinter cannons and the Trueborn have two splinter cannons as well.How far can the Venom move and still fire the splinter cannons on the hul?.Then how far can it move to have the True born fire there cannons?

Can someone give me the breakdown? Thank You elephant
Back to top Go down
Zaakath
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Moving and shooting   Moving and shooting I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09 2012, 03:46

This one's not so bad:

The venom can move at cruising speed (12")and fire up to two weapons (fast skimmer).

However; the trueborn have to have the vehicle move at 6" or less to fire to full effect (at BS);

BUT

They can fire snap shots if the vehicle moves at 12".

So full effect at < 6", less effective at 12".
Back to top Go down
stapebren7502
Slave
stapebren7502

PostSubject: Re: Moving and shooting   Moving and shooting I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09 2012, 03:59

cool,but they count as moving and only get four shots right?
Back to top Go down
ravengoescaw
Heamonculi
ravengoescaw

PostSubject: Re: Moving and shooting   Moving and shooting I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09 2012, 04:48

correct

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t12640-band-of-the-unbending-thorn#142250

Still fighting the world and saving damsels in distress. ~Raven
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Moving and shooting   Moving and shooting I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09 2012, 06:16

Unless you choose to snap fire them

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Moving and shooting   Moving and shooting I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09 2012, 09:27

Massaen wrote:
Unless you choose to snap fire them

Indeed. If you're snap firing anyway then you might as well use the Heavy 6 profile.

So you can move 12", fire 12 shots at full BS from the Venom and fire 12 snap shots (BS1) from the passengers (plus any other weapons they have, also snap firing).

[Double post merged. Gob.]I'm actually thinking of grabbing another couple of splinter cannon from a bitz site and giving it a go with 3 units of splinterborn in venoms. 363 points for all three units chucking out 75 splinter shots per turn, even if many of them are snap shots.

stapebren7502
Slave
stapebren7502

PostSubject: Re: Moving and shooting   Moving and shooting I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10 2012, 03:37

Wait I thought if you are in a transport and it moves you count as moving there for you only get 4 shots not 6.
Back to top Go down
ravengoescaw
Heamonculi
ravengoescaw

PostSubject: Re: Moving and shooting   Moving and shooting I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10 2012, 03:57

No you can still snap shot a heavy weapon. It is debatable if 6 wild shots is better the 4 accurate shots.

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t12640-band-of-the-unbending-thorn#142250

Still fighting the world and saving damsels in distress. ~Raven
Back to top Go down
Zaakath
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Moving and shooting   Moving and shooting I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10 2012, 08:00

I would take the .66 over the .14 every time.

Now, if you're already going to snap shot and move 12", might as well take more of 'em!
Back to top Go down
Mudpuppet
Hellion
Mudpuppet

PostSubject: Re: Moving and shooting   Moving and shooting I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10 2012, 15:21

I think theres a bit of confusion here arising for if the vehicle moves 6" or 12".

If it moves 6" the venom can fire both guns at full bs no problem. The Trueborn can either: fire their splinter cannons as assault 4 weapons at full BS or snap fire them as heavy 6 weapons.

If it moves 12" the venom can still fire both guns no problem. The trueborn can now ONLY snapfire, thus 4 snapshots per splinter cannon or 6 snapshots (obviously better going with 6).

If it moves more than 12" the venom cant shoot, and the trueborn cant shoot.

Mud
Back to top Go down
PaulT
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Moving and shooting   Moving and shooting I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14 2012, 09:32

Are we still the fastest army in the 40k realm?
Back to top Go down
Blind_Baku
Kabalite Warrior
Blind_Baku

PostSubject: Re: Moving and shooting   Moving and shooting I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14 2012, 14:24

PaulT wrote:
Are we still the fastest army in the 40k realm?

With out a doubt. Sure Cron (and other) fliers are pretty quick but but fliers have inherent limitations... speed without control/finess (meaning they must move so far each turn and can't turn on a dime).
Back to top Go down
stapebren7502
Slave
stapebren7502

PostSubject: Re: Moving and shooting   Moving and shooting I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15 2012, 06:08

Mudpuppet wrote:
I think theres a bit of confusion here arising for if the vehicle moves 6" or 12".

If it moves 6" the venom can fire both guns at full bs no problem. The Trueborn can either: fire their splinter cannons as assault 4 weapons at full BS or snap fire them as heavy 6 weapons.

If it moves 12" the venom can still fire both guns no problem. The trueborn can now ONLY snapfire, thus 4 snapshots per splinter cannon or 6 snapshots (obviously better going with 6).

If it moves more than 12" the venom cant shoot, and the trueborn cant shoot.

Mud
thank you I dont know why that was so hard for me to understand.I made myself a little cheat sheet.Thanks to all you for the help. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moving and shooting   Moving and shooting I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Moving and shooting
Page 1 of 1