THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500 list with a voidraven

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
helvexis
Sybarite
helvexis

1500 list with a voidraven Empty
PostSubject: 1500 list with a voidraven   1500 list with a voidraven I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10 2012, 13:04

So I will be playing with my new and shiny voidraven tomorrow and this is the list I will be using.

Duke Sliscus the Serpent 150

Kabalite Trueborn x9, 2 splinter cannons,
Raider, Dark Lance, Nightshield, Splinter Racks. 208

Kabalite Trueborn x9, 2 splinter cannons,
Raider, Dark Lance, Nightshield, Splinter Racks. 208

Kabalite Warriors x5 Blaster
Venom Flickerfield, Splinter Cannon 125

Ravager (115pts)
Dark Lances, Nightshield
Ravager (115pts)
Dark Lances, Nightshield
Voidraven bomber 195
Flickerfield Shatterfield Missile x4

Not sure about whether I should bother with the shatter fields but I have 49 points so may as well try them out
Back to top Go down
Tony Spectacular
Kabalite Warrior
Tony Spectacular

PostSubject: Re: 1500 list with a voidraven   1500 list with a voidraven I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10 2012, 13:51

What's the plan with the Duke there? He'll upgrade one unit to 3+, but you're wasting most of his load out, as well as his drugs re-roll.

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 1500 list with a voidraven   1500 list with a voidraven I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10 2012, 16:08

Tony Spectacular wrote:
What's the plan with the Duke there? He'll upgrade one unit to 3+, but you're wasting most of his load out, as well as his drugs re-roll.

It's quite a nice gunboat with some assault potential. He has a 1/3 chance to give them FNP as well. The second gunboat however I wouldn't take. If you drop the second trueborn gun boat, 2 Shattershard missiles (I don't think you need four as you want those lovely lances hitting vehicles) and the NS on the Ravagers you have 257pts to play with. This could give you a maxed out squad of reavers, or two units of splinterborn (3xtrueborn w/2xSC in Venom w/2xSC = 121pts) or even a blasterborn squad and some other upgrades like NS on everything. Just some food for thought.
Back to top Go down
http://www.trevelyanharper.co.uk
helvexis
Sybarite
helvexis

PostSubject: Re: 1500 list with a voidraven   1500 list with a voidraven I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10 2012, 21:17

I was considering not taking the 2nd trueborn unit actually but not sure what to put in its place a full reaver squad sounds good here. The only issue I have is I have 1 raider full of expensive guys tempting the opponent to destroy instead of two but I suppose I'll be hiding it behind venoms anyway

The only part of dukes load out its really wasting is the drugs potential he is still likely to head off into combat but only against warlords or small squads like devastators instead of running with wyches into other combat units
Back to top Go down
Anggul
Sybarite
Anggul

PostSubject: Re: 1500 list with a voidraven   1500 list with a voidraven I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 11 2012, 00:46

There isn't really any point in those squads being Trueborn, they ought at well be Warriors. That way they'll be much cheaper and scoring and will only be losing a couple of cannon shots.

"Oh how awful, did he at least die painlessly? To shreds you say? Well, how's his Dracon holding up? To shreds you say? Very well then... Sad, sad, terrible gruesome news about my colleague Archon Mhu'bhutu." - 'The Feather', Dracon of the Bladed Lotus
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: 1500 list with a voidraven   1500 list with a voidraven I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 11 2012, 13:23

I have to agree with Anggul, the points saved and scoring make turning those truborn into warriors vary advantageous and is well worth sacrificing the extra cannon.

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
mug7703
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 1500 list with a voidraven   1500 list with a voidraven I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 11 2012, 14:09

Mushkilla wrote:
I have to agree with Anggul, the points saved and scoring make turning those truborn into warriors vary advantageous and is well worth sacrificing the extra cannon.

I agree. I would run something more like this with blasterborn to mitigate your slight lack of AT. It's 8 points over so you could drop the Night shields on the Raider gun boat. 20 Lance weapons is more what you're after though.

Duke Sliscus the Serpent 150

Trueborn x 3 w/3xBlasters
Venom Flickerfield, Nightshields, Splinter Cannon 156
Trueborn x 3 w/3xBlasters
Venom Flickerfield, Nightshields, Splinter Cannon 156

Kabalite Warriors x9
Raider, Dark Lance, Nightshield, Splinter Racks. 161

Ravager (105pts)
Dark Lances
Ravager (105pts)
Dark Lances
Voidraven bomber 175
Flickerfield Shatterfield Missile x2

= 1508
Back to top Go down
http://www.trevelyanharper.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1500 list with a voidraven   1500 list with a voidraven I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500 list with a voidraven
Page 1 of 1