THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

My army - a collection of ideas; oppionions appreciated

Go down 
+2
Xelkireth
Ciirian
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

My army - a collection of ideas; oppionions appreciated Empty
PostSubject: My army - a collection of ideas; oppionions appreciated   My army - a collection of ideas; oppionions appreciated I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10 2011, 01:34

I am working on a Dark Eldar force that isn't your typical "Kabal" and would like some advice and opinions. I have been working on developing a background story for my Archon and the unorthodox group that he leads. I've added pictures but they aren't all updated with what I've done recently. One of the main differences is that all of my Eldar "skin" has been painted with Dheneb Stone with Leviathan Purple wash. I'm making this post because I need some advice on some weapon options, fluff ideas and coloring. Since its a collection of different groups joined together I want different schemes that when on table together still look like they belong (Does that make sence?) So anyway, here goes...

I am still fleshing out all the details on him; and its a great work in progress. Briefly summerized, He does not dwell in Commoragh due to the views of his playing with demons. He has hidden goals and so he makes alliances with other groups as needed. They often think they are getting the better deal but they are pawns as he searches for his true treasures. Here is a WIP shot of him. My army - a collection of ideas; oppionions appreciated IMG_5395

For just the awesome look of the model variety, he will eventually have a Court built. Unsure if they will be aliens or demonic creatures when they come, but its still in the thought. The Ur-ghuls I have designed are Bloodletters without the huge forhead and without weapons. Everything else is still being planned.

No warriors are being used in the army. Hes an outcast and typical warriors wouldn't follow him. (Mercs may for pay however.) His "troops" are a special type of "Wrack" unit that I made. They are beefed up looking Warrior/Wych kit bashing that reminds me of Bane from Batman. Since the picture was taken I added a bit of a tumor-like flesh on the back of the armor. Sticking out of the back I added one of the tubes from the Talos. Will get updated pictures when I can, but here is some.
My army - a collection of ideas; oppionions appreciated IMG_6059
My army - a collection of ideas; oppionions appreciated IMG_0246

Being that the "army" isnt settled and travels; I picture the few Kabalites who were loyal to him have become Scourges. I love the models, absolutly love them. So far I have 2 Boxes and want at least 1-2 more. I really wish there were more Bat Wings in the box; the more elf-flesh I can do on a model the better. Still trying to figure out how to arm their special weapons. Was thinking Haywire Blasters, but offer advice. Giving them golden 'masks'. As for the armor color; I was thinking of painting them in green armor. It would fit the colors of the Archon and (just like the Archon) be complete contrast the the rest (majority) of the army. Any suggestions on these Scourges is greatly appreciated (I am currently working on them)

The army would be allied with a Wych cult. All my Wyches are female. There is also a unit of Beastmasters. The color scheme is Purple/Black Armor/Jumpsuits. The color for the armor and jumpsuits alternate throughout the army. They all have green hair. Few details painted goldish. I have at least 2 units painted up of these and have about another 10 to be worked on. They are a complete contrast to the Archon and looks great with him. (Thats why I go back to the question on the Scourges, what do you think of green armor?) Heres an old picture of them to give an idea.

My army - a collection of ideas; oppionions appreciated 100_0331

Hired into the army is a group of Incubi. Heres what I've got going for mine at the moment. My army - a collection of ideas; oppionions appreciated IMG_4605

In addition to my Archon I plan on having 3 Haemonculus. My idea for the coven is this; they are the ones who make sure everything is followed out as demanded. I want to design them to be added to units and have the look of the unit they belong to. This is so I get to have fun customizing characterful "leaders" for squads. For example; one model that I have designed was based off of a Wych model with a Kabalite torso. I used a woodelf head so that he had a hood and a mask. In a way, he looks like Reptile from Mortal Kombat. I am planning on making a scorpion-tail pop out of his back for the liquifier gun. Trying to figure out how to make that tail still. There would be another "Haemon" that would be another custom figure to fit with the "Archon's Wracks".

Lastly I am planning on getting at least 10 regular Wracks to add into the army. The Archon could have a real Haemon in his Court, why not? So 10 regular Wracks and the pain engines would tie him together.

Hardest part about the design of the army is painting all my damn Raiders. I have 4 and a Ravager, just leaving them black for now 'till I get more done.

Wow, I know thats alot to take in. Hope it wasn't completly confusing. I am really trying to assemble an army that is in character yet not a typical army. Think its starting to form together pretty well. Would love to hear anyone's thoughts about anything (Colors/fluff/whatever) My first planned game is this Saturday which is why I had made this post. Trying to get some more paint on those Scourges before than. Anyways, thanks for reading this and any thoughts you care to share.
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: My army - a collection of ideas; oppionions appreciated   My army - a collection of ideas; oppionions appreciated I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10 2011, 02:57

I personally don't like the idea of toying with daemons, but you're not in Commorragh. I know what you are trying to go for having read your notes from 40kOnline. It does have precedence, a Dark Eldar messing around with daemons. I also think working with daemons would alienate you automatically amongst the Dark Eldar. I doubt you archon would be allowed back into Commorragh and pretty much permanently exiled. You'd have to use an emissary to broker contact between where you are and Commorragh.

As for the modelling, the musculature of your converted wracks needs some work. I can see muscle tone, but they look a little bit flabby. I'm not a great sculptor myself, so they look a hell of a lot better than anything I could do.

I think if you're going to have a rag-tag group of mercenaries, you should have at least one or two squads of counts-as "Kabalites". Convert them up as Dark Eldar versions of Gue'vesa. To do this, I'd mold some of the Kabalite segemented armor with greenstuff and then put it on a guardsmen. Replace his lasgun with a splinter rifle. If you use the Catachan models, you'll also get some of the sleek musculature you're wanting as well.

Post your fluff thoughts over in the Kabals of the Dark City sub-forum or email me (check your PM) and we'll get your background ironed out into something solid.
Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: My army - a collection of ideas; oppionions appreciated   My army - a collection of ideas; oppionions appreciated I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12 2011, 19:10

I am well aware that consorting with demons would make him not very liked in Commoragh. Thats why he would have to have close ties with other organizations and individuals (such as an allied Wych Cult or Coven) to make his 'raids' work.

I know the muscles on my "Wracks" need work, but I liked the weird textures it came out. Made them seemed more "created".

Tho the idea of guardsman as Kabalite mercs sounds interesting, im not into humans. Also, I really am not that interested in using Kabalites. I'd picture the followers of my Archon being more construct / demonic or some bizaare twist of them both. Still working out fluff for the army, but I got some more painting done and thought I'd share

My army - a collection of ideas; oppionions appreciated IMG_7616 The Demon summoning Archon

My army - a collection of ideas; oppionions appreciated IMG_1519
My army - a collection of ideas; oppionions appreciated IMG_1796 My Scourges, I think the color is cool, tho I am trying to figure out color for hair.

My army - a collection of ideas; oppionions appreciated IMG_6899 A more finished "Wrack". Since taking the picture, the tubes and vials on the Wracks/Scourges and Talos has been painted Scorpion Green.

My army - a collection of ideas; oppionions appreciated IMG_1971 .....and a WIP Haemon that just sorta came to me and came together. I think for having no plan and just playing around, it came out pretty well.
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: My army - a collection of ideas; oppionions appreciated   My army - a collection of ideas; oppionions appreciated I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12 2011, 20:28

That haemy is genious. It is just the shame the cronos tetacles are limited (as I would like a cronos).

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
adesapere
Hellion
adesapere

PostSubject: Re: My army - a collection of ideas; oppionions appreciated   My army - a collection of ideas; oppionions appreciated I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12 2011, 21:22

Awesome concept with the Haemonculus! That is sick!
Back to top Go down
speedfreek
Sybarite
speedfreek

PostSubject: Re: My army - a collection of ideas; oppionions appreciated   My army - a collection of ideas; oppionions appreciated I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12 2011, 21:25

Agreed, thats a really marvelous Haemonculus.
Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: My army - a collection of ideas; oppionions appreciated   My army - a collection of ideas; oppionions appreciated I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12 2011, 22:28

Thanks for the comments on the Hameon. He really just came to me out of nowhere and my inner Haemon went to work.

I had gotten two boxes of the Chronos/Talos and had spare parts. I figure that between it all I may be able to make at least another 1 or 2 Haem's like that depending on if I can get the tenticles to angle right. The "tiny arms" from the kit are also great for a Haemon, and there are like 6-8 of them.

I have another Haemon in mind that I'm trying to figure out how to do. I'd like to make one that is kinda fat like a miniature Talos and the tail being a Liquifier gun. For hands I was thinking giving it hands from Necron Flayed One's for Scissorhands. I think it would make for an interesting conversion but how do you think it would be in game? Haemon w/ Liquifier + Scissorhands
Back to top Go down
Fleshmoulder_Greiil
Hellion
Fleshmoulder_Greiil

PostSubject: Re: My army - a collection of ideas; oppionions appreciated   My army - a collection of ideas; oppionions appreciated I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12 2011, 23:17

Your haemon looks great, a heck of a lot better than my hellraiser-inspired haemon. Will have to put pictures of him up and get your opinion on him.
Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: My army - a collection of ideas; oppionions appreciated   My army - a collection of ideas; oppionions appreciated I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13 2011, 04:23

Thinking of watching Hellraiser tonight to get some inspiration for my next 2 Haemons. Yours looks pretty awesome, really think the robed look is amazing.
Back to top Go down
Fleshmoulder_Greiil
Hellion
Fleshmoulder_Greiil

PostSubject: Re: My army - a collection of ideas; oppionions appreciated   My army - a collection of ideas; oppionions appreciated I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13 2011, 04:39

Heh thanks. I can make a second one later this week, and make you a tutorial if you would like. Yours turned out great. Reminded me of Doc Oc from spiderman a bit. Infact, if he had one less arm, I could really see his rune being a spider web, as he has the arachnid look.

How did you make yours? Looks like a male wych torso with the legs of the spearwoman passenger from the raider kit. I may be wrong.
Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: My army - a collection of ideas; oppionions appreciated   My army - a collection of ideas; oppionions appreciated I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13 2011, 04:56

Lightly armored male Warrior torso. Wych legs with foot repositioned, warrior flesh loincloth with greenstuff scultped. Then took 2 Talos tenticles, attatched them together and then glued it right to the back of the armor. Then with greenstuff just glopped it on, filled in the space threw some small arms in and tried to sculpt a spine. The sword is a Scourge Venomblade while the other arm I belive came from a wood elf model with a green stuff orb in hand for WWP. The head is from the Hellions and has a tube in his nose.

I think thats about it
Back to top Go down
Fleshmoulder_Greiil
Hellion
Fleshmoulder_Greiil

PostSubject: Re: My army - a collection of ideas; oppionions appreciated   My army - a collection of ideas; oppionions appreciated I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13 2011, 05:00

Interesting, may play around with that a bit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My army - a collection of ideas; oppionions appreciated   My army - a collection of ideas; oppionions appreciated I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My army - a collection of ideas; oppionions appreciated
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: