THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1999 points upcoming tournament

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Daryl8000
Slave

1999 points upcoming tournament Empty
PostSubject: 1999 points upcoming tournament   1999 points upcoming tournament I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12 2012, 08:18

We have a local tournament and have come up with a list to match the Necon flying circus.

Can people let me know what they would change and why.

Duke Sliscus

Haemonculus with Liquifier Gun and Hex Rifle

20x Kabalite Warriors with 2x Splinter Cannons

Aegis Defence Line with Comms Relay

(All the above goes into one unit to make shaw I get a 4+ cover save and re-rolls to reserve rolls and a pain token aswell).

5x Kabalite Warriors in a Venom with extra splinter cannon and night shields x2 units

5x Wyches with Shardnet and Impaler and Haywire Grenades in a venom with extra splinter cannon and night shields x2 units

Raven Srike Fighter with chain-snares and flicker fields x3 units

Razorwing Jetfighter with flicker fieelds x2 units.

Also if anyone can give me some advice on what to watch out for and how to deal with it.
Back to top Go down
crion
Hellion
crion

PostSubject: Re: 1999 points upcoming tournament   1999 points upcoming tournament I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12 2012, 08:34

Isn't the CD way of dealing with Cron Air to never having the flyers coming in at all? Ie. All guns on whatever comes in at turn 1 and focus on wiping that? How many units is that typically and would 2 dooms with eldrad behind aegis be enough to wipe them?

I see what you are trying to do, fight on equal terms. But it's normally not the DE way. Smile
Back to top Go down
Rathstar
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1999 points upcoming tournament   1999 points upcoming tournament I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12 2012, 12:16

The raven strike fighter does seem that effective now that it's gone back to it's 200+ points tag. If you're happy to use Eldar allies I think the Nightwing (at the same cost as a standard razorwing) is a much more effective flyer, particularly against other flyers.

Your obvious issue is the fragility of your troops and lack of any anto tank until the flyers come on. The small unit of wyches and warriors will die very quickly with any distraction, while any decent assault unit that makes it to the large warriors will sweep them in a turn.

I suggest you tone back the number of flyers to include some wracks and reavers (or maybe even blasterborn).

Rathstar
Back to top Go down
http://rathstarramblings.blogspot.co.uk/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1999 points upcoming tournament   1999 points upcoming tournament I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1999 points upcoming tournament
Page 1 of 1