THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

First Time List

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Barrywise
Wych
Barrywise

First Time List Empty
PostSubject: First Time List   First Time List I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14 2012, 02:42

Hello fellow denziens of the dark, First time posting. I'm completley new to 40k and heard that Dark Eldar is one of the hardest races to play, so naturally I said why not? Anyways, made this list, I'd like people's opinions on it, it's a 2k list and here it is:

HQ: Drazhar w/ 9 Incubi in a F+N shield Raider
Duke Slick w/ 9 Warriors in a FF-shield, splinter rack Raider

Troops: 5 Wych with haywire and Shardnet w/ Splinter Venom
2X10 Kabalite Warriors in FF-shield and splinter racks Raider

Fast Attack:
3X3 Reavers 1 Caltrops, 1 HL

Heavy
1 DL Ravager FF-Shield
1 Dissie Ravager FF-Shield
1 Razorwing w/ F+N Shields and Splinter Cannon and 1 Shatterfield Missile

-The tactics I'm thinking of is Launching all missiles into blobs of enemies, otherwise I'll keep em until I pop transports
-DL ravager targets transports and the such, Dissie shoots at MEQ or whatever the other ravager popped
-Reavers whittle down infantry while being able to avoid most retaliation, then pop vehicles
-Wyches attack any AV12+ or stall Termies or anything with an attack base of 2
-K-abalites wittle down infantry then one group of them goes in for the kill when they're down to 1 or 2 guys left just to rapid fire them off and get the pain Token and move onto the next group, switching off which ones get the Pain token
-Drazhar goes and kills the warlord, like a boss
-All transports pop stuff, I dunno
Back to top Go down
Barrywise
Wych
Barrywise

First Time List Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Time List   First Time List I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14 2012, 03:06

ooh just saw the mathhammer of Duke/splinter...might have to run that instead, so i think i have two options,

1. drop a reaver squad and turn the duke's unit into a 20 man squad and then upgrade the razorwing into a bomber (with many missiles)

2. Drop the shatterfield missile and maybe a shield or the cannon (so that it can hunt monsters better or something) and then take the 20 man squad

3. oh just thought of this, maybe drop the shatterfield missile and get either a shock prow or aether sails on Drazhar's raider

...make that 3 options

Heamonculi
ravengoescaw

First Time List Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Time List   First Time List I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14 2012, 06:05

1st don't field Reavers in 3 small units, one unit of nine is better then 3 of three. Second drops the caltropes, they are a waste of points. Third you need more troops. minimum of four squads

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t12640-band-of-the-unbending-thorn#142250

Still fighting the world and saving damsels in distress. ~Raven
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Sybarite
Darklight

First Time List Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Time List   First Time List I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14 2012, 07:16

ravengoescaw wrote:
1st don't field Reavers in 3 small units, one unit of nine is better then 3 of three. Second drops the caltropes, they are a waste of points. Third you need more troops. minimum of four squads

I totaly disagree about this. Reason; more targets for the enemy to hit. He needs more groups to shoot them down = more survivability.
With group of 3, you still get the 3 weapons you want, and you can get them in to differant positions and hit differant targets, rather than wasting 3 HL shoots on one target when you actually just need 1 or two. So larger group is more for people who like fielding large amounts of reavers.

On the list I like MSU, dont like dissis in heavy atleasst. Should change to DL as you need as much AT as possible. Wouldnt bring two expensive SC either. I like them both, but thats more for friendly.

I dont think you got enough AT in this list to handle all that comes.

Oh and I dont think DE is so hard to play as many makes it out to be. Its mostly because we make alot of mistakes in building our lists, so we actually make it harder for ourself than necessary. Yes we are more fragile than the rest, but we just need to use that to our advantage.

Barrywise
Wych
Barrywise

First Time List Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Time List   First Time List I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14 2012, 13:13

If you count Duke Sliscus's warriors it is 4 troop choices

is 5 wyches w/ HW, 9 Dark Lances, and 3 Heat Lances not enough AT?

Kabalite Warrior
Tony Spectacular

First Time List Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Time List   First Time List I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14 2012, 13:46

Sure, by splitting your Reavers up into 3 groups you gain the ability to target more units, but in doing so you set yourself up for fleeing. With 9 they need to kill 3 in one turn to make you run. With 3 they only need to kill one.

I, personally, keep Dissies on my Raiders and DLs on my Ravagers. Ymmv, but it's working well for me so far.

Better get that Drazhar squad deployed and out of the boat double quick, as it's going to draw a LOT of fire, and your Raider isn't going to stand up to it for long.

Wych
Barrywise

First Time List Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Time List   First Time List I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14 2012, 23:29

Dissies on the Raiders, I like that, Is there any reason to take FF's anymore on our vehicles, with Jink saves giving basically the exact same thing I'm not sure that we actually need it

Kabalite Warrior
Tony Spectacular

First Time List Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Time List   First Time List I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15 2012, 03:49

FFs are good for turn 1 protection if you go second, or for attacks that ignore cover. And on flyers, of course.

Sybarite
Darklight

First Time List Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Time List   First Time List I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15 2012, 06:30

Tony Spectacular wrote:
Sure, by splitting your Reavers up into 3 groups you gain the ability to target more units, but in doing so you set yourself up for fleeing. With 9 they need to kill 3 in one turn to make you run. With 3 they only need to kill one.

I, personally, keep Dissies on my Raiders and DLs on my Ravagers. Ymmv, but it's working well for me so far.

Better get that Drazhar squad deployed and out of the boat double quick, as it's going to draw a LOT of fire, and your Raider isn't going to stand up to it for long.

You might open up yourself yo fleeing, but its the same for the other group, its a few down and then all flee.
Its just going to be that way, and hell, its even easier for oponents to look your Reavers in to CC aswell... as you want to get 9" away from veichles and then 2D6 away. Thats just one bad roll away from a CC. Then the whole group is locked in CC and you are frak. Reavers isnt that good in the first place, and using it as a point sink like that will hurt you.

On the AT, no its not enough... Just to compare, this is a 2K list right?

Now since I dont have my 2K list here at work I will compare it to my 1750pts list.
I have:
10 DL
13 Blasters
5 HWG

And that isnt enough. At 2K i Have like 4 more blasters, 2 HL, 4 more HWG.
Also I have beast group to target veichle aswell, and then there is my HQ in Baron who on the charge can take out veichles. And I will still strugle against heavy mech, why? because even tho Darklight weapons have gotten better this edition its still not fantastic.

Anyway if you dont play against heavy mech lists then sure its fine with what you got...

Sponsored content

First Time List Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Time List   First Time List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Time List
Page 1 of 1