THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Friendly tournament list this coming weekend 1500 pts

Go down 
+2
ravengoescaw
Mt252368
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mt252368
Hellion
Mt252368

Friendly tournament list this coming weekend 1500 pts Empty
PostSubject: Friendly tournament list this coming weekend 1500 pts   Friendly tournament list this coming weekend 1500 pts I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14 2012, 03:04

Hello all,
This is my first post on these forums. I played 40k back in 3rd edition, and am returning so I am new to a lot of rules and tactics.

Me and 3 friends are doing a campaign starting at the end of November, but this weekend we decided to do a mini 1500 point tournament for fun.

Opponents
Tyranids - Lots of monsterous creatures (including trygon, flyrant, tervigon, doom, zonathrope)
Imperial Guard - Only half mechanized. (Lemon Russ, demolisher, hellhound is all I believe no flyer)
Necrons - No flyers. Warriors, immortals, scarabs, deathmarks, doomsday ark, barage)

Here is what I have planned. (Sorry for any confusion, the brackets indicate the total point for that specific unit)

HQ - 150 pts
Duke Sliscus - (150)

Troops - 618 points
(10) Warriors - (170)
- Splinter Cannon
- Raider
- Splinter Racks

(10) Warriors - (170)
- Splinter Cannon
- Raider
- Splinter Racks

(9) Wyches - (178)
- 1 Razor flail
- 9 Haywire Grenades
- Raider

(10) Warriors - (100)
- Splinter Cannon

Elites - 175
(5) Incubi - (175)
- Venom
- Splinter Cannon

Fast Attack - 258
(6) Reavers - (172) - I am not sure if this is how I want to break the squads just yet.
- 2 Cluster Caltrops

(3) Reavers - (86)
- 1 Cluster Caltrops

Heavy Support - 300
Ravager - (115)
- Night Shield

Void raven Bomber - (185)
- Necrotoxin Missiles
- Flickerfield

Total - 1501

Notes
- The Voidraven was a razorwing, but my entire list came to 1471 so I didn't know where else to put the points.
- Duke will be starting with a squad of 10 warriors and then immediately leaving and joining the wyches

Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks!

Back to top Go down
ravengoescaw
Heamonculi
ravengoescaw

PostSubject: Re: Friendly tournament list this coming weekend 1500 pts   Friendly tournament list this coming weekend 1500 pts I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14 2012, 06:09

Okay combine your reavers, drop the caltrops, and get either blasters or heat lances, depending on your preference. I prefer blasters, Mush prefers heat. I like reliable damage over range, he prefers more damage but closer. Next Why do you have a squad not in a transport?

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t12640-band-of-the-unbending-thorn#142250

Still fighting the world and saving damsels in distress. ~Raven
Back to top Go down
Mt252368
Hellion
Mt252368

PostSubject: Re: Friendly tournament list this coming weekend 1500 pts   Friendly tournament list this coming weekend 1500 pts I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14 2012, 16:42

Okay great, I'll do that.
And the thought in mind was during objective games, to keep one squad back holding an objective?

Should they be in a raider as well?

Also this is the first time I will be using a venom, is it more beneficial to keep the venom back and shoot the 12 shots at range for a couple turns, or should I try to get my incubi to cause some havoc early in the game.

Thanks for the feedback!
Back to top Go down
Hijallo
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Friendly tournament list this coming weekend 1500 pts   Friendly tournament list this coming weekend 1500 pts I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14 2012, 20:49

you can give your reavers both caltrops and heat lances, it makes them abit expensive but they became really universal multi-task squad. can devastate light infantry (and with S6 inflict serious damage at MEQ), can pop a tank with heat lances. And if opponent don't have much cover-ignoring weaponry, they are as tough as MEQ, which is rare in our army ^

Also, VR is too expensive IMO, it doesn't worth 185 pts.
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: Friendly tournament list this coming weekend 1500 pts   Friendly tournament list this coming weekend 1500 pts I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14 2012, 21:29

I would swap out your two raiders with warriors for 3 units of warriors in venoms with dual cannons they would be 110 each and give you 36 shots of splinter fire at 36" and an extra scoring unit.
With the points you have saved you could then drop the large warrior squad and run two ravagers with night sheilds and a razorwing with a splinter cannon and flickerfield
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Friendly tournament list this coming weekend 1500 pts   Friendly tournament list this coming weekend 1500 pts I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14 2012, 21:46

Welcome to The Dark City Mt252368!

Mt252368 wrote:
Fast Attack - 258
(6) Reavers - (172) - I am not sure if this is how I want to break the squads just yet.
It might be worth reading the reaver tactica I did a few months ago for skaredCast:

Part 1
Part 2

And bellow is a thread that discusses the pros and cons of heatlances and blasters:

Triple Heat Lance/Blaster/Dark Lance Probabilities

Hope that helps. Smile

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Mt252368
Hellion
Mt252368

PostSubject: Re: Friendly tournament list this coming weekend 1500 pts   Friendly tournament list this coming weekend 1500 pts I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15 2012, 00:05

Thanks so much guys.

Great read on the reavers and blast vs heatlances!

I was mainly using my (6) reavers to target weak units or single units. I played some exhibition 1250 games against tyranids last weekend, and my turn 1 (going second) the reavers bladevaned his zonathrope easily killing it (easy pain token), leaving his biovore out of synapse. The bikes were then charged by 15 termagonts, who lost combat and the reavers wiped them off the board completely (second pain token). Then turn 3 I targeted his tyrant (on foot) taking him down to 2 wounds, but then the reavers were shot to pieces.

They definitely got their points worth, but I guess I was using them as more of a suicidal unit.

Great to see that they are a more dynamic unit in that they can range targets and give lots of cover saves. Also I like the idea of contesting objectives, and being able to get line breaker as well. Awesome to get some different perspectives.

SO are cluster caltrops usually ignored? They are expensive, but I love the fact that even his flyrant can get bladevaned. That unit is a tough one to kill with his 2+ save and T6. Not to mention the amount of firepower he produces (12 shots twin-linked).

P.S. love the battle reports mushkilla, 3 squads of 9 reavers looks like a lot of fun!
Back to top Go down
ravengoescaw
Heamonculi
ravengoescaw

PostSubject: Re: Friendly tournament list this coming weekend 1500 pts   Friendly tournament list this coming weekend 1500 pts I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15 2012, 04:09

Mt252368 wrote:
SO are cluster caltrops usually ignored? They are expensive, but I love the fact that even his flyrant can get bladevaned. That unit is a tough one to kill with his 2+ save and T6. Not to mention the amount of firepower he produces (12 shots twin-linked).

If you are playing someone with a Flyrant and a 2+ armor save. He is either cheating or made a mistake. On your tyrant you can either take, one of the torso weapons, Wings, Or Armored Shell. If he is winged then his save is 3+. I am nid player starting D.E. Bring this to his attention, So he can take the points from Armored Shell and buy some more gaunts or something.
Back to top Go down
Mt252368
Hellion
Mt252368

PostSubject: Re: Friendly tournament list this coming weekend 1500 pts   Friendly tournament list this coming weekend 1500 pts I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15 2012, 05:10

Thanks for bringing that to my attention!

He is brand new to nids and 6th addition, so we are all still learning.

Much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Friendly tournament list this coming weekend 1500 pts   Friendly tournament list this coming weekend 1500 pts I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15 2012, 09:24

Also bladevanes can't hit flying MCs anymore, check the main rulebook FAQ for attacks that don't roll to hit against flyers/FMC.

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Mt252368
Hellion
Mt252368

PostSubject: Re: Friendly tournament list this coming weekend 1500 pts   Friendly tournament list this coming weekend 1500 pts I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15 2012, 15:00

Aww, that's too bad. I was really hoping for some strength 6 htis on him.

I had an idea though, is shooting at him and attempting to ground him, then charging him with wyches or incubi a good strategy? I'm pretty sure he wants to load him out with the devourers (I do realize he will still be super strong in CC)

Or should I attempt to ground him and then just unload my poison shots into it.

Thanks for all these rule updates everyone!
Back to top Go down
Archon Bruce
Hellion
Archon Bruce

PostSubject: Re: Friendly tournament list this coming weekend 1500 pts   Friendly tournament list this coming weekend 1500 pts I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15 2012, 17:14

Regarding Caltrops, I used them for a while. What I noticed is that the amount of hits that are generated are wildly variable. You frankly cant depend on them, as they can utterly destroy a unit, or just as easily do nothing. They also lock you into constantly bladevaning, which isnt going to give you good return on your investment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Friendly tournament list this coming weekend 1500 pts   Friendly tournament list this coming weekend 1500 pts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Friendly tournament list this coming weekend 1500 pts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: