THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar Vs Imperial Guard, super shooting lists

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Grub
Wych
Grub

Dark Eldar Vs Imperial Guard, super shooting lists Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar Vs Imperial Guard, super shooting lists   Dark Eldar Vs Imperial Guard, super shooting lists I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22 2012, 01:36

So me and my close friend decided to try a game with (and I quote) "A game without any of your f****** wyches please!"; so we decided to go for a straight up killpoints game, 1750 a side with the sole objective of shooting each other to pieces...hope you enjoy...

Dark Eldar:
HQ
Duke Sliscus
Haemocules w/liquifier
Troops
10x Warriors w/splintercannon, sybarite in DL Raider w/NS, flicks and Splinter racks
10x Warriors w/splintercannon, sybarite in DL Raider w/NS, flicks and Splinter racks
8 x Warriors w/splintercannon, sybarite in DL Raider w/NS, flicks and Splinter racks
Elites
3x Trueborn w/ 2x splintercannon and shredder in Venom w/Extra cannon, NS
Fast Attack
6x reavers w/Grav Talon, Clustercaltrops
6x reavers w/Grav Talon, Clustercaltrops
Heavy
2x Disintergrator Ravagers w/NS, flicks

Imperial Guard
HQ
Command squad
Lord Commisar
Troops
20x Guardsman w/Grenade Launchers and Missile launchers
10x Guardsman w/Grenade Launchers and Missile launchers
10x Guardsman w/Grenade Launchers and Missile launchers
10x Guardsman w/Flamer and Missile launchers
3x Heavy Bolter teams
3x Heavy Bolter teams
3x Mortar Teams
4xChimeras
Fast Attack
2x Sentinals w/Lascannons
2x Sentinals w/Lascannons

Board layout:
Scattered Aegis defense lines along his side, large trench system in the middle- LoS blocking, Small forest on the left hand side and a small ruin in his deployment zone.

Turn 1:Nightfighting
I roll a 1 for my combat drugs, then the Duke dug into his personal stash and dragged out a lovely 6 from the bag giving the reavers a starting pain token! We roll to see who gets first turn and for the first time in a long long while I get to go first! I deploy my reavers behind the small forest on the left and end my deployment (can you see whats going to happen). He looks puzzled and somehow manages to squeeze his huge list into his 12" deployment zone.
I turbo boost both reaver squads to the right, behind a bunker on the trench system blocking them from LoS.
He moves all 4 chimeras forward, 1 immobilises itself on a defense line. All his guardsmen run up to the defenses forming a staggered line from one side of the board to the other.

Turn 2
2 raiders, 2 venoms and a ravager come on from reserve and attempt to deepstrike right into the small (8" diameters) between the staggered lines of the imperium to great effect. The two raiders narrowly escape mishap while the tiddly venoms easily squeeze into the gaps. The ravager on the other hand scatters 11" directly onto some pesky guardsman- fortunately a 6 is rolled and it will come on later!
The reavers scoot along infront of the 20 man squad and turbo boost across them bladevaning and grav taloning as they go and cut the squad into little diced chunks of cannon fodder pinning the remaining 4 as they go. The first venom unloads into a heavy bolter team who are wiped out giving the trueborn inside a pain token. The second venom unleashes into the second heavy bolter team removing 2 bases.
Both raiders fire at 2 separate 10 man squads killing 6 each (despite being in 12" they were still just in cover!)

Surprised my opponants asked "I didn't know you could deepstrike everything!" The chimeras advanced forward, the first one took out a raider which exploded spectacularly killing 4 inside. The second destroyed a venom but the trueborn inside were safe. The 3rd and 4th both shot at the remaining raider but only took off a hull point each. The mortar team fired at the men left in the wreckage of the first raider and managed to successfully kill all but 2. The guardsman on the right of the board moved to get better shots next turn.
2 Sentinals multi assault both reaver squads who I forgot to give heat lances :/ The sentinals cause no wounds

Summary:
Imperial Guard have remaining:
both HQs, 4 chimeras, 40 men in chimeras, a heavy bolter, a mortar team, 24 guardsmen and 4 Sentinals
Dark Eldar have remaining:
HQs (reserve), 1x Raider with 10 warriors, 1x Raider with HQs and 8 men (reserve), 1 Venom, 6x trueborn, 1x Venom (reserve) 3x Trueborn (reserve), 2x Warriors, 12x reavers, 2x Ravagers

Turn 3
One ravager deepstrikes in close to the immobilised chimera, the 3rd Venom deepstrikes in the middle safely and the Dukes Raider narrowly squeezes down on the right hand side amongst many guardsman. The trueborn on foot and the 2 warriors head towards a squad of 10 men and the raider moves towards the Command squad in front of it. The ravager shoots the rear of one of the Chimeras blowing it up killing 6 men inside. The dukes warriors shoot at a 10 man squad killing them all gaining a second pain token. The two warriors and the trueborn fire everything into a 10 man squad next to them killing 5. The men in the raider evaporate the command squad gaining a second pain token. The venom and trueborn destroy the mortar team gaining a pain token. One reaver squad suffers a casualty in the assault phase so uses "Our weapons are useless" rule and escape from the sentinals. The two warriors and the trueborn assault the remaining 5 losing one warrior to overwatch then massacre the guardsman giving the trueborn a second pain token.

His turn, 10 men disembark from a chimera, the chimeras shoot at the raider doing nothing, the second shoots at it, doing nothing and then the immobilised chimera somehow manages to strike a penetrating hit onto it causing it to wreck itself- the 10 men get out. 2 Sentinals shoot at the ravager blowing it to pieces. The rockets target the dukes raider and only just bring it down after several great flickerfield rolls! The passengers disembark. The 6 men left from the blown chimera shoot at the dukes squad causing no wounds and all the remaining guardsman able to shoot try and kill the dukes squad causing only 3 wounds after another great round of rolling! The sentinals fail to hurt the reavers again. The lord commisar charges the 3 trueborn- who fail to cause any wounds and then are all chopped up by the Lord.

Summary:
Imperial Guard:
Lord Commisar, 3 Chimeras, 4 sentinals, 20 men in chimeras, 18 men on the ground and a heavy bolter
Dark Eldar:
HQ, 11 reavers, 5 warriors with the duke, 2x venoms, 6x trueborn, 1x ravager (reserve), 11 warriors

Turn 4
The second ravager deepstrikes behind a chimera, the 6 reavers bladevane the remaining 6 men killing them all. The ravager wrecks a chimera and 10 guardsman get out. The warriors and haemocules with the duke attack the squad that recently disembarked killing 4 before assaulting them and killing them all. The trueborn in the venom finish off the heavy bolter team and the other finishes off the remaining men from the 20 man squad. The lone warrior marches up to the lord commisar and unloads his cannon into him killing him. The sentinals manage to kill 2 reavers who then escape the combat.

The chimera repositions itself and shoots at the 5 reavers killing 3 and the immobilised chimera shoots at the ravger blowing it up. The sentinals shoot at the closest venom blowing it up and killing all the trueborn inside.

Summary:
Imperial Guard:
4x Sentinals, 2 Chimeras, 20 men in chimeras
Dark Eldar:
6 reavers, HQ, 5x warriors, 11 warriors, 1x venom, 3x trueborn

Turn 5:
I realise now that I can't actually damage any of his lunchboxes or chicken walkers so run away as quick as my legs (and supersonic engines) can carry me. What a fun way to play the game...
He can't catch me but can shoot at the remaing 2 reavers in the first squad- eveything shoots at them killing one, the last guy though just refused to die, passing 4 FnP's on the trot- well done that man

GAME ENDS:
Dark eldar have killed around 1350
Imperial Guard have killed around 1250 ( if that last reaver had died it would have been a draw!)

All in all a very fun game that we both enjoyed- might try this list again but with a razorwing and some haywire wyches instead of trueborns next time!
Thanks for reading!

A very slow, 30K Salamander Distraction Log: VULKAN LIVES
Back to top Go down
Ferox77
Hellion
Ferox77

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Vs Imperial Guard, super shooting lists   Dark Eldar Vs Imperial Guard, super shooting lists I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22 2012, 15:08

Good batrep. I don't think you can reserve more than half your army, but it was awesome having everything falling out of the sky. When I got to the end of your list and saw all the ravagers with disintegrators I was worried about your AT. Add AT to the reavers and this list seems good.. I must know how did the shredders do in your trueborn squads? I've been thinking about taking cannon-born but never thought to throw in a shredder. Thanks again for the batrep.
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Vs Imperial Guard, super shooting lists   Dark Eldar Vs Imperial Guard, super shooting lists I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22 2012, 15:59

We decided to wander from the normal rules a bit- thought it would be more fun to have our own scenario! Like a proper pirate raid (he wasn't expecting things to fall out of the sky though!)
I realised I needed more AT but wanted to see how an entire AI army fared! (still should have put heat lances on the reavers!)

Shredders....well against Imperial Guard blobs it wasn't to bad, not great not terrible- probably would have got more out of a shardcarbine to be honest!

Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Vs Imperial Guard, super shooting lists   Dark Eldar Vs Imperial Guard, super shooting lists I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28 2012, 18:35

Thanks for sharing the pain! I do miss being able to reserve more of our army. Sad

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Vs Imperial Guard, super shooting lists   Dark Eldar Vs Imperial Guard, super shooting lists I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29 2012, 12:02

You might be pleased to know Mush that my reavers, only a disappointing 12 im afraid have become quite feared recently- that game they took out an awful lot of stuff and recently against a 1500 Tyrannid/ 1500 Daemon army they managed to take out a 10 man Genestealer squad, a 10 man Bloodletter squad, a 20 man Homaguant squad and Kairos Fateweaver. Not saying anything but Cluster caltrops get an undeserved terrible reputation...

Back to top Go down
Zaakath
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Vs Imperial Guard, super shooting lists   Dark Eldar Vs Imperial Guard, super shooting lists I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29 2012, 16:15

I love my caltrops... d6 S6 is too good to pass up. I've been tempted recently to running two squads of 6 of these buggers. People are always so annoyed at having models in their depolyment zone, typically behind them on the first turn...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Vs Imperial Guard, super shooting lists   Dark Eldar Vs Imperial Guard, super shooting lists I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar Vs Imperial Guard, super shooting lists
Page 1 of 1