THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Show me the most evilestest, vile and unfair 1500 list ever!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

Show me the most evilestest, vile and unfair 1500 list ever! Empty
PostSubject: Show me the most evilestest, vile and unfair 1500 list ever!   Show me the most evilestest, vile and unfair 1500 list ever! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24 2012, 23:40

Hey,

I'm currently playing in a campaign with/against Necrons, Eldar and CSM, with all my games against the former two ending in ridiculous victories for me and all my games against the latter one ending in a massacre... I just don't seem to be able to beat that guy! Sometimes he allies with Chaos Daemons, fielding four (!) flying monstrous creatures (including a Bloodthirster) and lots of Marine blobs and a Defiler or two. Now he has even had the nerves to challenge me to field the most evil and cheesy spammy list ever - an still defeat me.

Now I need your help. What would be the most disgusting thing we can field at 1,5k? Eldar and Corsair Allies are allowed, as is Forgeworld in General. As we're running a campaign, my Warlord has to remain unchanged in every game. He has a Shadow Field, Venom Blade, Husk Blade, Ghost Plate Armour, Haywire Grenades, Combat Drugs, Soultrap. His Warlord Traits are the outflank thing (important) and VP for slain characters in a challenge.

I need to field only the evil things, so I was thinking: Ravagers, flyers, a bastion, Venoms, Blaster- and Lanceborn, Shattershard, Incubi, Corsair Prince, Warphunters. Alternatively (but admittedly also gimmicky) I was thinking about three Taloi, an Avatar and a Wraithlord, along with ten outflanking Wraithguardians. But I don't know!

I need to win this time. Help me build the most disgusting 1,5k list! Smile
Back to top Go down
Murkglow
Kabalite Warrior
Murkglow

PostSubject: Re: Show me the most evilestest, vile and unfair 1500 list ever!   Show me the most evilestest, vile and unfair 1500 list ever! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25 2012, 00:45

How many Vehicles does he run usually? If it's not alot then Ravagers with Disintegrators would eat up CSM pretty handily. For Monsterous Creatures (flying or not) and daemons in general massed poison shooting should do well. So the first things I'd buy would be 3x Ravager and as many venoms as I could fit. That's a pretty standard basis for a DE list though so I don't know if it's cheesy enough for you. I don't know much about Forge World though so I can't help you there.
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: Show me the most evilestest, vile and unfair 1500 list ever!   Show me the most evilestest, vile and unfair 1500 list ever! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25 2012, 09:19

I would run something like

2 x 5 warrior squads blaster, venom extra cannon.

2 x 5 wyches squads haywires, venom extra cannon.

3 x 3 trueborn with blasters, venom extra cannon.

2 x ravagers

1 x razorwing with SC and FF

that gives you 7 venoms alot of AT and AI and a few points spare, if he does not run many vehicles you could always swap out the blaster born for splinterborn and the wyches for more warriors, if you took blasters off the warriors and changed wyches for warriors you could get another warrior squad and another venom Twisted Evil .
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Show me the most evilestest, vile and unfair 1500 list ever!   Show me the most evilestest, vile and unfair 1500 list ever! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25 2012, 20:22

A Necron player challenging a Dark Eldar player on making the cheesiest list, that's so rich (in cholesterol). If Forgeworld is allowed, I'd suggest a Nightwing or a squadron of Hornets for FA, and a Warp Hunter for Heavy for Eldar allies. As for DE, Venoms and Ravagers should be a core, but I wouldn't scoff at a Kabalite blob behind a Aegis Defence Line with a Haemonculus either.

You have many different ways of tackling this, though Necrons are an uphill battle for us, if the player is even half competent. Honestly, don't focus on stuffing the craziest units there, instead think of a strategy and build a list around it, whether it's aimed on tabling the guy or diverting the attention of his units with small sacrificial squads, or whatever else you might think of. That's what will win you the game in the end.
Back to top Go down
Murkglow
Kabalite Warrior
Murkglow

PostSubject: Re: Show me the most evilestest, vile and unfair 1500 list ever!   Show me the most evilestest, vile and unfair 1500 list ever! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25 2012, 20:40

Actually the Necron is one of the ones he appearently owns easily. It's the Chaos player he says he has a problem with.
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Show me the most evilestest, vile and unfair 1500 list ever!   Show me the most evilestest, vile and unfair 1500 list ever! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26 2012, 07:29

Oh dear, you're right. Formers and latters always confuse me to no end. Now I feel stupid for not reading closely enough.

I guess my post still applies if you ignore all references to Necrons, Nightwings and Hornets are really sweet. You could also consider a squad or two of five Wracks with Liquifier in a Venom, perhaps a Talos with a TL Liquifier as well. They, well, liquify MEQ quite well.
Back to top Go down
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

PostSubject: Re: Show me the most evilestest, vile and unfair 1500 list ever!   Show me the most evilestest, vile and unfair 1500 list ever! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02 2012, 16:31

Dear hell how I hate it when I write a huge post and it then just disappears into the Warp when my iPad crashes... :'(

Anyway: Thanks for your help so far, guys! But I feel I should tell you a little about our campaign first. It's a narrative campaign, meaning that we use the Planetary Empires campaign rules as guidelines for our games (Manufactorums for the win!), and that our Warlords and certain worthy units gain special rules after doing especially well in a few games, or losing them, if dying too often. While I would agree with someone saying that a Defiler alone is annoying at most, the legendary Defiler of my opponent with Outflank and Hit&Run IS a pain in the buttocks. To the same extent ten CSM aren't a big deal, but you'd rethink your opinion after they shot their Bolters and Plasma Gun and Autocannon at your units - ignoring the hell out of my cover. Also he has always 150 points more than me, thanks to a Manufactorum that he has captured, so it's really 1500 vs. 1650 points.
Of course my units have some nice perks, too (as do the other players), in that I get a bonus of +3 on going first and choosing the sides, as well as having three rerolls for reserves. Also, before but this is to say that our games the game starts, I can roll three D6 and give a unit of my army a special rule for every 4+. So, our games shouldn't be considered normal. Wink

As to the lists I've been toying around with in my head:

The Last Laugh - List A: The Giant Joke

Archon Vaas Ya'nith - 165 points
with Ghostplate Armour, Shadow Field, Combat Drugs, Soul Trap, Haywire Grenades, Husk Blade and Venom Blade. Master of Maneuvre, Legendary Fighter, Strategic Genius.
This is my Warlord for the campaign and has to be played like this in every game.

10 Wraith Guardians with Conceal - 396 points
The Archon will join and outflank with them. >Smile

Wraithlord with Eldar missile launcher, two Flamers and a Wraithsword - 120 points

3 Taloi with twin-linked Haywire Blasters and twin-linked Liquifiers each, one of which is legendary and has Hit&Run - 3x 110 points

They are my five 'giants' and the main point of this list.

2x 5 Kabalite Warriors with a Blaster - 2x 60 points

3 Trueborn with two Dark Lances - 86 points

Imperial Bastion with Quad Gun - 125 points
Also a giant, maybe?

Total: 1497 points

The goal with this list is to overwhelm my opponent with as many T6+ units as possible. He is used to fighting my paper planes and naked dudes, so I thought I'd make him a surprise! Also, who doesn't like to have a super killy and nigh-indestructible unit flank you, while you are trying to get rid of five Monstrous Creatures and a AV14 Building full of Lances and Quad Guns and Heavy Bolters? I know I would. Wink

_____

The Last Laugh - List B: Witty Name Not Found

Archon Vaas Ya'nith - 165 points

4 Trueborn with four Blasters in a Venom with two Splintercannons: 173 points
Outflanking Blasters? Hell yes!

Corsair Prince with Corsair Jetpack, Shuriken Pistol and CCW: 80 points

5 Corsairs with Corsair jetpacks, EML and Flamer: 91 points
Scoring and relentless super Lance barrage or Night Fight control or Horde annihilation? Yeeees!

2x 5 Warriors with a Blaster and a Venom with Night Shields and two Splinter Cannons each: 2x 135 points

2x 5 Wyches with Haywire Grenades and a Venom with Night Shields and two Splinter Cannons each: 2x 125 points

2x Ravager with Night Shields and three Dark Lances: 115 points

Ravager with Night Shields and three Disintegrators: 115 points

Warp Hunter: 125 points

Total: 1499 points

Here I tried to fit in a lot of Venoms and Lances and dirty Corsair tricks. Shoot, shoot and shoot is the motto!

_________

I also had an idea for a list with as many flyers as possible, but I can't quite figure it out. Maybe you have thoughts on it?

What do you think? What would be scarier for a CSM player?
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Show me the most evilestest, vile and unfair 1500 list ever!   Show me the most evilestest, vile and unfair 1500 list ever! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02 2012, 18:43

Kinnay wrote:
Thanks for your help so far, guys! But I feel I should tell you a little about our campaign first. It's a narrative campaign, meaning that we use the Planetary Empires campaign rules as guidelines for our games (Manufactorums for the win!), and that our Warlords and certain worthy units gain special rules after doing especially well in a few games, or losing them, if dying too often.
People can moan about "forging the narrative" all they want, but it's a real challenge of your skill as a general to fight a fight with the resources you have in an unfavourable scenario. Very Happy

Kinnay wrote:
3 Taloi with twin-linked Haywire Blasters and twin-linked Liquifiers each, one of which is legendary and has Hit&Run - 3x 110 points

Hit and run talos! All I can say from my experience with my slaanesh daemons that hit and run Monstrous Creature are brutal (and that's when they are T5 and not T7 monstrosities)!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Show me the most evilestest, vile and unfair 1500 list ever!   Show me the most evilestest, vile and unfair 1500 list ever! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Show me the most evilestest, vile and unfair 1500 list ever!
Page 1 of 1