THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Wych Cult Army List

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Cortez667
Slave

Wych Cult Army List  Empty
PostSubject: Wych Cult Army List    Wych Cult Army List  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25 2012, 08:29

Greetings-

Been lurking for a while, decided to post. I've been running a Mech. list, 50/50 mix of Venoms and Raiders. Its served me well, including placing 3rd at a major event in Los Angeles (stupid IG knocked me outta first place).

But the list is a little stale, and isn't much fun to play. SO I'm building a wych list, and I want others opinions. Have at it. I know assualt got weaker in 6th edition, ecspecially wyches, but I think I could do it. There are 2 major events in california coming up (one at 1750, one at 2,000), and this is what I'm thinking of taking. Please note: I've looked at taking Duke Scicilus (spelling?) but he really doesn't fit into the list, despite giving me better odds on the combat drug roll.

The Baron

13 Hellions
13 Helions
13 Hellions

10 Wyches w/ shard nets and implaers; Raider
10 Wyches w/ hydra guanlets; Raider
10 Wyches w/ hydra guanlets; Raider
(all have haywire grenades, each raider has aether sails, holofields)

Ravager
Ravager
Ravager

1748 pts. (or there abouts)

At 2,000 points, I add 3x units of reavers (3 bikes each, each squad has a heat lance).

The idea is that the raiders use the aether sails to get up close and personal with my opponents support troops on the first turn. Since this type of list is rare, I'm thinking my opponent might panick and make the wrong choices in his/her first shooting phase.

Any thoughts, suggestions, insults? Thanks in advance for any help.

Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: Wych Cult Army List    Wych Cult Army List  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25 2012, 10:04

I usually run an all out wych list- 40 wyches, 12 reavers etc etc in raiders with venom support and it's strongest feature is the pure speed. People don't anticipate just how quick we are and when you get your whole army right up into there grill first turn they panic, it takes a cool headed player to sit back and think what is the true threats. I often find that the general person just shoots at the closest things and then gets beaten by the next turns assault. I think your list will do the same here.

One comment- with all that haywire potential and the fact that you will be up close and personal with that list, do you need a third ravager? Would more wyches, a razorwing etc be more useful? Up to you, you seem to know what you are doing but that would be the only concern I would have Smile

A very slow, 30K Salamander Distraction Log: VULKAN LIVES
Back to top Go down
xambrien
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Wych Cult Army List    Wych Cult Army List  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25 2012, 10:13

I really like your concept, but i fear that this list will really struggle against any list that can pump AI down field & without any champs your going to have issues doing damage to Meq, plus the lack of pgl's on the Hellions are going to keep them from attacking at initiative.
Personally i would try to get some Haemies in their to get fnp on the Hellions, they will live a lot longer for it.

Hope this helps.

X
Back to top Go down
kenny3760
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Wych Cult Army List    Wych Cult Army List  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25 2012, 14:46

I've trtied running a wych cult a few times and never really had much luck withit, very fragile.

I think your main problem is the lack of target saturation. No matter how fast those raiders are, to allow the wyches to assault, they are going to have to spend a turn relatively close to the enemy. I can't think of too many armies that can't bring down at least 2 raiders in a turn. 1 explosion and a fair chunk of your list is gone.

The hellion units without the Baron will need to be very careful in order to make it across the table. They are one of the units that have really been hampered by the new cover save rules. 5th ed it was easy to dump half a unit in cover and get the Barons stealth bonmus to preserve a giant blob, it's a bit more difficult now, and without the Baron they really struggle.

I'd drop the Hellions to one unit of 20 with the Baron and try and get some small units of wyches in venoms to provide more targets. If you put HWG's on them you could drop a ravager and maybe get some reavers in there.

Good luck with it, wych cult is a tough ask.
Back to top Go down
Cortez667
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Wych Cult Army List    Wych Cult Army List  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25 2012, 23:30

Thanks for the feed back, guys.

Very good points on the target saturation. Regarding the ravagers. I look at what they cost (125 fully kitted) and then I look at what I could take in their place. 5 wyches in a venom (with absolutly NO upgrades for either) is the only thing, really.

I've found the Ravager to be more than just an anti-tank platform, it also excels at dropping Paladins, MegaNobz, stuff like that. Perhaps 3 razorwings might be better.

Edit: Not actually true, I'd have 20 points to play with on the wyches in venoms...Hmmm.

Please dont double post. If you want to add infomation, just use the edit button in the top right corner. -Your Friendly Neighborhood Mod SR-
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: Wych Cult Army List    Wych Cult Army List  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26 2012, 00:11

kenny3760 wrote:

Good luck with it, wych cult is a tough ask.

depends on who, what and where your fighting. Tough theme to triumph with, but terrifically troublesome to deal with if all goes tremendously well when played correctly Smile

A very slow, 30K Salamander Distraction Log: VULKAN LIVES
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wych Cult Army List    Wych Cult Army List  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wych Cult Army List
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists