THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Kabal of the Broken Oath and short fluff

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mug7703
Sybarite

The Kabal of the Broken Oath and short fluff Empty
PostSubject: The Kabal of the Broken Oath and short fluff   The Kabal of the Broken Oath and short fluff I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27 2012, 03:32

Hi guys. I posted this before an army list a month or so ago which was probably the wrong place for it. I've only just realised this section is probably where it should be. I wanted a little justification behind a Baron list with Eldar allies so here it is. I'd like to know what people think.

Of all the denizens of The Dark City, none are so ostracised as Baron Sathonyx. Banished from a city of outcasts for breaking the sacred rule of a lawless race, the Hellion Lord vied for dominion over the exiled. Shrouded in the cloak still fretted with the crystal-veined Seer's bones, he remained clandestine to all who wished to seek his bounty until one day, as he cast the bones into the blood chalice filled with the essence of his last conquest he began to feel something. Something he'd not felt this strong before and yet something that had always been there. As he stared into the temporal ether he could see through the flickers of fantasy and reality. That which was began to perish, that which is began to change and that which had not yet come to pass started to cloud itself before his very eyes. He was as a blind man standing on the precipice of fate. He gazed deeper than he'd ever dared to before. He could still feel the soul of his enemy, writhing in bespoke agony as he lurched further and further, tearing at the strands of his spirit in a desperate endeavour to unveil this enigmatic presence. There were feelings beyond the pain and agony, desires beyond mercy and wrath, thoughts beyond those of his and his victim's. As one life faded another grew stronger. Someone was staring back at him. He had been found.

There is nowhere safe in the Galaxy for anyone who is linked to the psychic world, nowhere one can be alone, for the Eldar Farseer Elros Uthar had sought and he had found. His mind had foraged an entire century to find Sathonyx, for he knew that they were kin. They were brothers in their exile. Each had broken the vows of their people and been punished dearly. Elros had succumbed to the dark perils of lust and desire and only the Baron could show him how to complete the darkness that was growing within. It was on this day that a forbidden alliance took place between these two and they began to carry out their esoteric plans. An act so abhorred by the Dark Eldar that nothing could reprieve this ineffable treachery. The Kabal of the Broken Oath was born.
Back to top Go down
http://www.trevelyanharper.co.uk
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of the Broken Oath and short fluff   The Kabal of the Broken Oath and short fluff I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27 2012, 13:48

A wonderfully grasping piece of fluff there, Mug!

Well written, mysterious and attention holding. All things that I love in homemade fluff/background.
Are you planning on adding any more to this? I would greatly enjoy having more to read. Very Happy

The Kabal of the Broken Oath and short fluff YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Plastikente
Sybarite
Plastikente

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of the Broken Oath and short fluff   The Kabal of the Broken Oath and short fluff I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27 2012, 17:25

I'll second Cavash's praise - a well-written piece explaining neatly how the Baron and the Farseer came to be allies.

In the past, I've always avoided special characters because I like to create my own characters and stories for my miniatures, even if I end up with a "counts as" special character on the table. This Codex has largely changed that though, because all of the characters in the book are just so cool! But it's still nice to give them the personal touch with a bit more fluff to tie them in to how you use them.

Project Log: Kabal of the Bloodspray Corsairs
Flickr: jjtweed's Photostream
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of the Broken Oath and short fluff   The Kabal of the Broken Oath and short fluff I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Kabal of the Broken Oath and short fluff
Page 1 of 1