THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000.. kind of death star, shooty & with allies

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Scorpion
Master of Mandrakes

2000.. kind of death star, shooty & with allies Empty
PostSubject: 2000.. kind of death star, shooty & with allies   2000.. kind of death star, shooty & with allies I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27 2012, 20:53

So, hi all..

I am playing in a local league with not so many players. Most of them run Orks with Tau allies, CSM, Tyranids, SW.

I have been playing different lists with a mix of succes. I guess DE isn´t the easiest armies to play. Allthough I think I have at least the basics of tactics covered, I hate when a well thought plan, list and strategy just gets blown away.

This is a new list I try to make to work. I only have tried it once vs the Orks with the Tau allies and it was a great succes. Before I go on and challenge more players I would like to have you to point out the weak and the strong sides of the army. I seem to go blind when I try to spot them (specially the weak points - I guess it happents when I spend hours into making it).

Now I know that the list lacks many troop choices but it has never been an issue before (at least not on the other lists I have been toying around with).

Here it is:

Archon, venom, Husk, PGL, drugs, Soultrap, SF 175

Urien 190

4 Grotesques, St 6 , Raider, NS, Sails, DL 235 (Archon and Uriel join here - kind of a "small" deathstar. FnP, FC and Fearless from the start. 18 wounds with T5. Uriel takes challenges, Archon vs 2+ armour and grotesques with St6 everything else. Raider flats out a gets as close as possible)

3 trueborn, 2 SC, Venom, NS, 2 SC 131 (a lot of 36" poison shots for the points)

5 wracks, LG, venom, NS, 2 SC 135 (great for objectives)

2 x 5 warriors, venom, NS, 2 SC 120 (Yes, without the blaster)

9 Reavers, Champion, 3 Blasters 253 ( I usually run the them with heat lances and CT but their roll in this army list is an other one. The farseer joins them and prescience/doom will/can help the reavers with their duo job they have in this army. Which is fire support and hide away or bladebane a doomed unit.

2 x Ravengers, NS 230

Farseer, Jetbike, RoW, SS, Doom and Guide 165 (swap guide for prescience)

3 Guardian jet bikes 66

3 War Walkers, 6 Scatter Lasers 180

Total: 2000 points.

What do you think? Can it work? (more than once). What is good and what is bad? If something needs changing then what should I change it for ?
Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

Back to top Go down
curebdc
Hellion
curebdc

PostSubject: Re: 2000.. kind of death star, shooty & with allies   2000.. kind of death star, shooty & with allies I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29 2012, 18:44

I dunno about ur target saturation. That grot boat w archon and urien is too tastey of a target! If u lost that whole boat would u still be able to win? Also. I like the farseer on the bike tho! Cool idea to have him with reavers.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion
Master of Mandrakes

PostSubject: Re: 2000.. kind of death star, shooty & with allies   2000.. kind of death star, shooty & with allies I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01 2012, 12:20

Well, the boat only needs to survive the 1. turn (an this only if I go second). Then it will move 32-42 " and will be on the enemys face. From there on will the opponent shoot the boat with as much as possible. When it goes down (and it will even with a 4++) the grotesque with Urien and Archon will move 3" (emergency diserbarktion). Hopefully there would be some cover. My opponent will be forced to either use a lot of fire power to take down that unit and leave the rest of the army alone or fire at the rest of the army and hope that the grotesque unit wont make the charge. I think that with a 4+ Cover save , FnP, 2++ and T5 the unit can take a lot of punishment before it goes down.
Back to top Go down
Bugs_N_Orks
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 2000.. kind of death star, shooty & with allies   2000.. kind of death star, shooty & with allies I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01 2012, 17:25

Well first off you can't swap just 1 power on your farseer, you either have to go all rule book or all codex powers, so you can't get both Doom and Prescience.

I'd suggest swapping the wracks' venom for a raider with the same upgrades as the grots', that way if you get seized on or get second turn you've got a back-up plan so your 500+ point unit isn't stuck on the wrong side of the board.

(also, Spelling Nazi says, "There's no such thing as a Ravenger")
Back to top Go down
doomseer11b
Sybarite
doomseer11b

PostSubject: Re: 2000.. kind of death star, shooty & with allies   2000.. kind of death star, shooty & with allies I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01 2012, 18:11

[quote][strike][strike]
Scorpion wrote:
I think that with a 4+ Cover save , FnP, 2++ and T5 the unit can take a lot of punishment before it goes down.

what was the 2++ thing about, just curious.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twinlinkedgaming.com
Morinwe
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 2000.. kind of death star, shooty & with allies   2000.. kind of death star, shooty & with allies I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01 2012, 18:23

I'm guessing putting the archon in front for damage soaking and using the majority toughness for the 5 value.

It's not a perfect 2++ tho, because once you miss its gone for the whole unit, forever.

I approve the idea of getting a backup transport, the unit can indeed soak a lot, but you don't want to have to run the battlefield on foot.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion
Master of Mandrakes

PostSubject: Re: 2000.. kind of death star, shooty & with allies   2000.. kind of death star, shooty & with allies I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01 2012, 21:36

[Well first off you can't swap just 1 power on your farseer, you either have to go all rule book or all codex powers, so you can't get both Doom and Prescience.]

Are you sure about that? doesn't it say "in any combination"? Eldar faq first page.

And about the wrack unit getting a raider: great idea. allthough I am not very happy to let 12 poison shots go...
Back to top Go down
Bugs_N_Orks
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 2000.. kind of death star, shooty & with allies   2000.. kind of death star, shooty & with allies I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01 2012, 21:57

Scorpion wrote:
Are you sure about that? doesn't it say "in any combination"? Eldar faq first page.
That's any combination of disciplines from rule book powers. Check the rule book FAQ, last page 2nd column, you have to pick between rule book or codex powers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2000.. kind of death star, shooty & with allies   2000.. kind of death star, shooty & with allies I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000.. kind of death star, shooty & with allies
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: