THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Submitted for your approval

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Black Death
Sybarite
Black Death

Submitted for your approval Empty
PostSubject: Submitted for your approval   Submitted for your approval I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01 2012, 07:48

When the DE dex came out 2 years ago, I egarly awaited the release of it and the models. I built up quit the army but the one thing I felt we still lacked was the inclusion of a jetbike character. Now I have put together a character and now submit for your approval. Any ideas or critiques are welcomed.

Lady Korenna, Master Reaver 210 points
WS__ BS__ S__ T__ W__ I __ A __ Ld__ Sv
_7___ 6___ 3__ 3/4__ 3__ 7 __ 3__ 10__ 5+
Wargear
Shadow Field
Wychsuit
Splinter Pistol
Combat Drugs
Reaver Jetbike (Skriek) fitted with an under slung twin linked spinter rifle
Bladevanes -D3+1 str 4 pinning
Antagonizer- poison 4+ AP2

Special Rules
Night Vision
Power from Pain
Skilled Rider
Independent Character

When taking Lady Korenna
all reavers may be taken
as troop choices.

Lady Korenna grew up in the bowels of Commorragh. She was small for her age and took alot of abuse from everyone around her. From this, she grew a cold heart, even more so then any other of her race. She swore someday she would get revenge. One day she watched the Reavers as they soared through the lower levels and knew she had to try riding one. She snuck into one of the camps one night and killed one of the riders and took their jetbike. She spent the next several months learnig every aspect of riding one of these great machines, trying new tricks and getting the feel of speed, it was the greatest high she had ever known. After becoming one with the machine, she began to get revenge on the ones that teased her, doing low air attacks, slicing them, limbs and all before they knew what hit them. As she grew, she started fighting in the arenas, gaining a reputation for being as cold as death. Her rise to Master came when she was approached to do a job, getting rid of Archon Extremius and his court from power in the upper levels of Commorragh. At this point Korenna was given a new jetbike she named Shriek and a new weapon called the Antagonizer. She had become the most wanted assassin by her peers and the leader of the Reavers when needed in battle. She had finally made it.
Shrieks name came from the unique sound the jetbike makes from the custom blades and shaping of the cowl. The sound is like the shreik of ultimate doom raining down as she approaches her enemy causing even the most steadfast to cower in fear from the ghostly shriek.
The Antagonizer is a unique weapon made in the form of a long blade fitted with an Alien poison, known only to the weapons maker, that has extremely corrosive properties able to dissolve through the toughest armor of any enemy she may face.
Putting Lady Korenna and her band of Reavers at the for front of any battle is sought after by many of the higher ups for they scout forward and weaken enemy defenses and units, allowing the rest of her dark kin to come in and clean up.

Moved to Rules Development - Cavash.

Last edited by Black Death on Mon Dec 10 2012, 06:45; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Submitted for your approval   Submitted for your approval I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01 2012, 14:09

Not really a fan, succubus + archron on bike making reavers troops.

Also reavers as troops would be beyond broken.

Personally I prefer this version (the topic just bellow yours):

The Reaver Queen

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Black Death
Sybarite
Black Death

PostSubject: Re: Submitted for your approval   Submitted for your approval I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02 2012, 04:50

I do agree some with that but since the 6th ed came out, I army has suffered horribly to the new rules. I see maybe taking up to 3 units as troops. I have fixed a few things on her tho. She is now 210 pts and here weapon is poison 4+ AP2. Thanks for your response bud.

Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Submitted for your approval   Submitted for your approval I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02 2012, 09:08

Personally I think it's just a bit boring that's all, you get lilith stick her on a bike and make reavers troops like the baron making hellion troops. All a bit generic.

Black Death wrote:
I army has suffered horribly to the new rules.

What? Personally I find Dark Eldar a stronger in 6th than they were in 5th. How have we suffered horribly?

Besides if you do think they need a boost then unbalancing the codex by making reavers an auto-include is not really the way forward. Reavers as troops would be really game breaking.

I do like the Antagoniser as a name for a weapon sounds very Team Fortress 2. Very Happy

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Black Death
Sybarite
Black Death

PostSubject: Re: Submitted for your approval   Submitted for your approval I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02 2012, 10:07

Well i guess it maybe some of the players I game with. Mostly SW, CSM, nids, necrons and DA(Deathwing). Before 6th, I ran a good wych cult army that could hold its own with a bit of hellion and reaver back up. Since the disembark rules changed and just the general way skimmers now move, I guess I haven't found that right fit. Tried the haemi thing, FNP, but it really didn't work for me. I will blame some on lousy die rolls, but in general, I get tabled most games even against nids. I have found my reavers a bit more survivable then any other units I field. Tried the agies line with warriors, tried the raider rush and so far the best results I have had were my incubi going thru 3 units of tacs before getting blown to pieces. The new AP rules hurt alot of our weapons as well. While I agree that termies should be harder to kill, our weapons make that almost immpossible when the always get their 2 plus. Now with the new CSM dex, whew, I tell ya it has become hard as hell to enjoy a game as much as I used to. A year ago, when we still had 'Ard boys, I took 2nd in our local store, now it's all I can do to have a model left on the table by turn 5. I really want the razorwings and voidravens to be fast skimmers again, ah the good old days. I do like 6th rules better than 5th but still trying to aclimate to them I guess. Anyhow, I will keep trying until I find my sweet spot.

PostSubject: Re: Submitted for your approval   Submitted for your approval I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Submitted for your approval
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Rules Development
-
Jump to: