THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Alternative Rank Structures

Go down 
+2
Cavash
Plastikente
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Plastikente
Sybarite
Plastikente

Alternative Rank Structures Empty
PostSubject: Alternative Rank Structures   Alternative Rank Structures I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06 2012, 17:44

I've noticed that the site assigns you a rank based on your number of posts (indeed, I found a topic about it further down this board). My question is, is there any chance of an alternative structure?

I like to think of myself more as a Wrack/Acothyst/Haemonculus/Ancient than a Warrior/Sybarite/Trueborn/Archon. I think this is because I like cutting up my minitaures and gluing them back together (and it certainly has nothing to do with my hideous deformity elephant ).

You may well reply that it's more effort than it's worth, but it might be fun to allow people to choose a type when they register, which would then dictate their rank progression. If you were going to do it I think you'd also need to offer Wych/Hekatrix/Syren/Succubus as well, for completeness.

Project Log: Kabal of the Bloodspray Corsairs
Flickr: jjtweed's Photostream
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Rank Structures   Alternative Rank Structures I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06 2012, 18:36

I back this idea. Alternative ranks could be quite cool.

Alternative Rank Structures YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Rank Structures   Alternative Rank Structures I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07 2012, 00:05

I as a fellow Haemonculus third this idea.

Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Rank Structures   Alternative Rank Structures I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07 2012, 00:43

I'm cool with it as long as I can still have my dream custom rank of Haemonculus Ancient.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Rank Structures   Alternative Rank Structures I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07 2012, 06:31

Plastikente wrote:
I like to think of myself more as a Wrack/Acothyst/Haemonculus/Ancient than a Warrior/Sybarite/Trueborn/ArchonDracon.

Agreed it would be nice, but the forum hosting system being used at the moment is somewhat limited, so it may or may not be an option (hopefully sky can comment on this), though I believe at some point we will probably be migrating to a more customisable system.

As long as I can still be the only arena champion! Razz

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Rank Structures   Alternative Rank Structures I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07 2012, 20:48

I indeed looked at this a while ago and do so every now and then. It'd be awesome to have different rank branches, kabalite, wych cult, coven etc but it appears that there is no way to do this on Forumotion.

What I will say is if you find a way to do something such as this, or another way to mod using Forumotion then I am open to all ideas. Adding the flags was something I found by googling forumotion mods etc.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Rank Structures   Alternative Rank Structures I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08 2012, 13:03

Sky Serpent wrote:

What I will say is if you find a way to do something such as this, or another way to mod using Forumotion then I am open to all ideas. Adding the flags was something I found by googling forumotion mods etc.

I'll see what I can do. Very Happy

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Rank Structures   Alternative Rank Structures I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10 2013, 19:51

Without going much into the idea of different rank branches, how about restructurizing our current ranks?

1: Unworthy
2-10: Slave
11-49: Low-Life
50-149: Kabalite Warrior
150-299: Sybarite
300-499: Kabalite Trueborn
500-749: Dracon
750-999: Incubus
1000-1499: Hierarch
1500-1999: Archon
2000 and more: High Archon

Also, how about making these titles always visible and the custom titles for mods and the like be additional? So Mushkilla would be a Hierarch and Arena Champion, ESE a Good Little Space Elf Archon etc. Is that possible, software-wise?

Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Rank Structures   Alternative Rank Structures I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10 2013, 22:15

We've gotta do something about that "Good Little Space Elf" business Mad

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Rank Structures   Alternative Rank Structures I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alternative Rank Structures
Page 1 of 1