THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Modeling splinter pods?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
stilgar27
Sybarite
stilgar27

Modeling splinter pods? Empty
PostSubject: Modeling splinter pods?   Modeling splinter pods? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11 2012, 02:15

i have been updating my beast masters (I haven't played DE since 3rd edition) and instead of skyboards I put them on giant bats. The effect is quite nice until I remembered reading that the skyboards have a pair of built in weapons which my bats are lacking.

My old metal hellions don't have these splinter pods (so I guess I need to make them some too), and the pictures I found online don't show the underside of the boards in any detail.

Any ideas? I was hoping for something a little more organic looking than 2 pipes sticking out of the bats' guts/wings.

Thanks for any input
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Modeling splinter pods?   Modeling splinter pods? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11 2012, 14:47

you could always use the PGL given that comes with the warrior spue and put it on the beastmaster. Its the grenade pack off the back. That way instead of it being on the bat, its on the rider.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Sathonyx
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Modeling splinter pods?   Modeling splinter pods? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02 2013, 19:53

I'd just use any left-over splinter rifles (2 per bat) from the warrior kit on the underside of the wing, next to the bat body. I too have the old metal hellions and LOTS of old splinter rifles. I plan on cutting the receiver of the rifle about in the middle, maybe a little toward the gun butt and pin them to the metal wings of the skyboard, close in toward the engine intake with the barrels sticking out to be seen/noticed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modeling splinter pods?   Modeling splinter pods? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Modeling splinter pods?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: