THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 List

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
1++
Hekatrix

1850 List Empty
PostSubject: 1850 List   1850 List I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13 2012, 02:16

Here's something I'm thinking about for my next tournament outing - Feb next year:

Baron

3 Trueborn, HWG, 1 Blaster in Raider
3 Trueborn, HWG, 1 Blaster in Raider

5 Warriors, 1 Blaster in Venom, Dual Cannons

5 Beastmasters, 8 Khymera, 6 Razorwing Flocks

Ravager, 3 DLs, NS
Ravager, 3 DLs, NS
Voidraven, FF

Farseer on Jetbike, Runes of Warding, DOOM, Singing Spear
5 Pathfinders

Baron and Farseer run with the Beast pack. What I'll be looking at is hitting a flank and blowing away what I can in the first 2 turns, making my way towards objectives for T5 claiming. Heavy on the shooting with a nice big Beast pack to absorb a lot of wounds and take care of MEQ and TEQ that get in the way, regardless of cover/terrain obsticles.

I like Warlord trait colum 2 for Baron and Beasts - every result can be used one way or another, depending on opponent ofc.

Hekatrix
colinsherlow

1850 List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 List   1850 List I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13 2012, 02:41

I know DOOM is awesome, but with psy hoods, higher lvl psys and deny the witch rolls you will
sometimes/oftain get denied the usefullness of DOOM. taking either fortune on the pack or taking the Divination version of guide is more reliable. and the Divination guide is AWESOME! LOVE IT!!!

The Baron is Awesom!
I take the exact same beast pack with him. it's my number 1 most fave unit for Dark Eldar

I am a little curious as to why you are running you trueborn with only 1 blaster and haywire grenades?
I think the unit is too fragile to be getting that close. I'd say drop the haywire and take either multiple blasters or dark lances.

Can't complain about the warriors. they are good. the only thing I would suggest is maybe removing a few blasters from warriors, and give either blaster or dark lances to the truborn or 2 shattershard missles on the VB. I would almost say remove the blasters on all as you seem to have enough AT, and remove the HWg from the TB and give them lances.
that you can hit ppl at range with the lances and keep out of harms way. and hit ppl earlier on.
I prefer the warriors to stay as objective holders/AI.

your heavy support is solid. if you like maybe take 2 shatter missles with the VB (i know I already said that earlier). they are just really fun. not only are they great at popping infintry they are also good/great and killing light armour/war walker/sentinal units.

Just a few ideas of mine is all.
I like your list.
it is very similar to the one I am running right now

Edit: This is what I am running at 1850 at the moment.
this army has worked wonders in the competitive scene around here.

Baron

3 TB w/ 2 dark lances in duel cannon venom. (I actually prefer these guys over the blaster ones now as rapid fire weapons made it easier the kill the TB up close.) this unit has yet to die and there are always bigger threats on the board.). I also want take this unit as i really only have the TB and 1 ravanger for ranged AT at the start of the fight.... and usually guided war walkers

2x5 kabalite warriors in duel cannon venoms ( sometimes (especially durong hammer and anvil) the warriors go into reserve, but the venoms get deployed to shoot venom death on everyone). the warriors walk on and hold the objectives at the very back of my board edge). I don't like loosing half a squad to explodes.

20 kabalite blob with 2 splinter cannons. (this unit is there to be a presence and a guard for the farseer) and to really give the farseer some (persciene-awesome 12 reroll all to hit rolls) (more on the farseer after)

5 beastmaster
8 hounds
6 flocks

ravanger w/ 3 lances

2xVB's w/ 2 shattershard missles and flickerfields (so that I don't have to evade). this units primary goal is tank hunting, but when the missles are needed they are great at cleaning up mobs/marines with the missles. this unit is much more survivible then the ravanger as they are much harder to hit. which actually make them better at AT as they are more likely to hang around awhile longer. they are also good for air defence.

ALLIES
Farseer w/ cheap power, warding and jetbike. (the seer will usually be with the warriors/war walkers to give them the awesome Divination Presciance. (reroll shooting, snapfire and combat SURE!) the warwalker will usually start on the board to that the seer can cast this spell on them as well if needed. I want to make good use out of his powers and doing this seems to do it quite well. He can also contset an object to piss ppl off later in the game)

2x3 guardian jetbikes (capture/contest objectives late game) these units have been the best at this so far. you don't have to have all of the objectives, just more then your opponent. ALWAYS reserve them

3 warwalkers w/ 6 scatter lasers
sometimes this unit will outflank. more this unit almost always outflanks during hammer and anvil. this unit is scary to both infintry/MC's/light/med armour. LUV IT!!! this unit divination guided is also really good at taking down light flyers.

with the 40 points left I can take whatever seems good to me.
maybe a night shield of the ravanger and venoms? maybe blasters in the warriors (prob not though). more beasts.... maybe 3 wracks and night shields on the ravanger?
I don't feel like going into detailed tactics ( really only do that in person). but playing this list right can make ppl cry.

Please dont double post. If you want to add infomation, just use the edit button in the top right corner -Your Friendly Neighborhood Mod SR-

Hellion
Caranthir987

1850 List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 List   1850 List I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13 2012, 11:49

1++ I like the list, though I'm really not sold on those 2 units of trueborn. Other than that though, looks good. Doom + beasts = lots and lots and lots of dead things

http://annihilatedsouls.blogspot.co.uk/
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

1850 List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 List   1850 List I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13 2012, 15:42

yah those trueborn are just there for the extra vehicle hulls, although I like the idea of a raider for them to sorta replace the last of all blasters.

my one critique is are 5 pathfinders really worth it??? I would rather run 3 GJB and call it a day. If you think they are worth it though, keep them and GL with them...

colinsherlow wrote:
I know DOOM is awesome, but with psy hoods, higher lvl psys and deny the witch rolls you will
sometimes/oftain get denied the usefullness of DOOM. taking either fortune on the pack or taking the Divination version of guide is more reliable. and the Divination guide is AWESOME! LOVE IT!!!

You do know that psychic hoods are terrible now... and only worth it on Lv3+ (which means GKs) now you could be thinking of runic weapons (SW) but that is only for them, and others dont have access to it.

Quote :
3 TB w/ 2 dark lances in duel cannon venom. (I actually prefer these guys over the blaster ones now as rapid fire weapons made it easier the kill the TB up close.)

Now how did the changes to rapid fire weapons hurt blasterborn??? Last edition marines could move 6" and still shoot 2 shots at 12", which equals 18", the range of our blasters. The only changes to rapid fire weapons was the ability to move 6" and still shoot 1 shot at 24", which equals 30".

Infact I would argue that the changes to rapid fire weapons made it harder to use lanceborn, as now bolter marines can reach out and touch your lanceborn, while they have to be stationary to get the full effect of their lances. (this is by no way saying blasterborn are greater than lanceborn, its just your reasoning is very flawed)

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

1850 List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 List   1850 List I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13 2012, 20:16

Caranthir987 wrote:
1++ I like the list, though I'm really not sold on those 2 units of trueborn. Other than that though, looks good. Doom + beasts = lots and lots and lots of dead things

I figured the Trueborn build might freak a few people out but SR hit the nail on the head. T1 they move into position. T2 shooting phase I can throw a Haywire (which glances better than a Blaster as the AV goes up) then charge in and continue to wreck the target. I've always played TB very aggressively and most of the time loose them. But this way I can wreck almost anything they get into range of and premeasuring helps immensely.

Hekatrix

1850 List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 List   1850 List I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01 2013, 03:19

OK, so the event that I've been preparing for is fast approaching and since playing close to a dozen games over the past few weeks I've made some changes:

Baron

3 Trueborn, 2x Splinter Cannons, HWG
3 Trueborn, 2x Dark Lances, HWG in Raider, DL
3 Trueborn, 3x Blasters, HWG in Raider, DL

5 Warriors, 1x Blaster in Venom w/ Dual Cannons, NS

5 Beastmasters w/ 8 Khymera, 6 Razorwing Flocks

1 Ravager, 3 Dark Lances, NS
1 Ravager, 3 Dark Lances, NS
1 Ravager, 3 Disintegrators, NS

Farseer on Jetbike, Runes of Warding, Doom
5 Ranger Pathfinders

I've had no luck at all with the flyer. By dropping it I pickup a 3rd Ravager, upgrade a Trueborn unit to DL's and increase the other Trueborn unit to 3 Blasters. Thats 5 new DLs and 1 new Blaster!

Haywires are awesome. Both shooting and ofc in the assault phase. Don't leave home without them.

Beasts have been amazing in most games. I originally ran Baron up the front, with a wall of Khymera behind, but I'm gonna change that as the Baron doesn't need to Look Out Sir onto the Khymera. Oftentimes my LOS! attempt is a 4, 5 or 6....then I fail the Khymera invul, LOL. They can just take the hits as they come. Their speed is intense though, and having the Farseer cast Doom on anything within' 24 helps my army.

I've been rolling on Warlord table 2. FC, FnP, Scoring and Outflank are all amazing for the Baron and his units (Beasts). Did you know that Baron hits at S7 on the charge with FC! Nice way to double out any T3 Characters. Oh, and having a bunch of Characters in the unit is awesome too. When charging small units I always deny challanges, as really the Khymera and Beasts are there to do the killing.

Anyway, about 3 weeks to go. Gotta build the 3rd Ravager tonight, then get all the painting completed.

Incognito assault marine
Vasara

1850 List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 List   1850 List I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01 2013, 05:33

I get the the true borns with hwg:s but not when they also have ranged weapons. I think they should be one or the other. Now the other is wasted points.

Have you considered wyches instead of trueborns for hwg delivery. Or do they get too much attention because they score. And they cost 18 points more.

I liked the first list better even though tha last one is closer to mine.

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

1850 List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 List   1850 List I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01 2013, 06:14

Yeah they just attract too much attention for my playstlye. The Haywires are great on the Trueborn and are pretty much used in every game. As for the HWG on the splinter cannon TB, thats just pts spare

Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

1850 List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 List   1850 List I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01 2013, 19:16

are the 3 trueborn w/ splintercannons walking??? because I would try to drop some upgrades (a few beasts and say... nightshields, to get them a vehicle

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

1850 List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 List   1850 List I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01 2013, 22:20

They are on foot, only reason us that I can't get another Venoms made and painted in time Wink

1850 List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 List   1850 List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 List
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: