THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Ever have one of those days?

Go down 
+6
Agoniser
Zaakath
baster
Shadows Revenge
Mushkilla
Count Adhemar
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Ever have one of those days? Empty
PostSubject: Ever have one of those days?   Ever have one of those days? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13 2012, 09:51

Last night I went over to my friend's house for my weekly 40K fix. My DE vs his Nurgle CSM. From the moment I stepped into his house nothing seemed to go right.

Firstly, we rolled Purge the Alien as a mission. Great! I had 14 Kill Points in my list, which I didn't think was too bad in a 1750 army. He had 8!

We rolled Night Fight in the first turn. I rolled the Warlord Trait to force Night Fight in the first turn.

I'd picked an Archon with Huskblade and Soul Trap but his entire army had only 1 IC and no MC's so I had almost no chance of triggering the Soul Trap.

He was able to deploy almost his entire army out of range and/or LOS. I had almost no cover in my deployment zone that wasn't right at the back of the table leaving me having to advance through a killing field.

I somehow managed to deploy both of my Ravagers out of range of anything. I honestly have no idea how I managed this feat. I'm sure I even measured. He'd been painting some of the woodwork in his house and I can only imagine that the fumes caused me to hallucinate that I checked the range.

My unit of Pathfinders did precisely zero damage throughout the entire battle.

My 20-man warrior unit, deployed behind an Aegis Line had no targets to shoot at from Turn 2 onwards but if they left the cover of the ADL they would almost certainly have been wiped out as they advanced.

My Incubi, with Klaivex and Archon managed to assault a unit of 10 Nurgle Space Marines and lose. The Aspiring Champion issued a challenge which the Klaivex accepted but despite choosing +2S managed not to score any wounds and was promplty squished by the Champion's Power Fist.

The Archon completely failed to inflict any damage in 6 assault phases due to needing 6 to wound vs Nurgle Marines. Seriously, that's about 30 attacks needing only 3's to hit so about 20 hits and not a single 6!

In a similar vein, I really needed to take down his Helldrake so I spent 2 turns firing at it with a Prescience'd Ravager. Not a single 6 on 12 rolls! This was slightly balanced out in a later turn when I used my Disintegrator Ravager, also with Prescience, to shoot the rear armour of the Helldrake and managed to roll a total of 5 sixes (with rerolls) and bring it down. About the only piece of good luck in the entire battle!

To cap it off, when I was leaving I managed to lean against some wet paint in his hallway and get a big white streak down the back of my jacket!

My only surpirse was that I didn't crash the car on the way home.

Sad Sad Sad

Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Ever have one of those days?   Ever have one of those days? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13 2012, 10:20

Ouch! sounds like a bad day.

Count Adhemar wrote:

I'd picked an Archon with Huskblade and Soul Trap but his entire army had only 1 IC and no MC's so I had almost no chance of triggering the Soul Trap.

The Archon completely failed to inflict any damage in 6 assault phases due to needing 6 to wound vs Nurgle Marines. Seriously, that's about 30 attacks needing only 3's to hit so about 20 hits and not a single 6!

One of the reason I prefer the blaster archon over the husktrap, especially with all the buffs to shooting, it just always means he is contributing to the game in some way, and generally a lot more consistent fation. The husktrap is just too much of a loterry. Now if the husktrap worked on chararacter. Very Happy

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Ever have one of those days?   Ever have one of those days? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13 2012, 10:39

Mushkilla wrote:
Ouch! sounds like a bad day.

Count Adhemar wrote:

One of the reason I prefer the blaster archon over the husktrap, especially with all the buffs to shooting, it just always means he is contributing to the game in some way, and generally a lot more consistent fation. The husktrap is just too much of a loterry. Now if the husktrap worked on chararacter. Very Happy

Even without the Soul Trap though, I'd have expected him to kill 3 or 4 guys minimum in that combat. Combined with the Klaivex failing to do anything at all I was tearing my hair out. Those two characters alone are over 225 points of (alleged) cc nastiness and they failed to kill a single marine between them!

I'm chalking this one up to a bad day at the office but not going to write off the Husktrap combo just yet.

Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Ever have one of those days?   Ever have one of those days? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13 2012, 14:44

S3 hurts, badly. Especially when you add nurgle's +1 toughness in the mix. Agonisers man... they are worth their weight in gold Wink

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Ever have one of those days?   Ever have one of those days? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13 2012, 14:51

Shadows Revenge wrote:
S3 hurts, badly. Especially when you add nurgle's +1 toughness in the mix. Agonisers man... they are worth their weight in gold Wink

That's probably the most annoying thing. If I'd gone for Agoniser instead of HuskTrap I could have spent 25 fewer points and been more effective! Mad

baster
Kabalite Warrior
baster

PostSubject: Re: Ever have one of those days?   Ever have one of those days? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13 2012, 14:54

a guy at our club has horrendous luck, unlucky dice rolling has been named ches syndrome after him, never seen term saves failed sooo badley
Back to top Go down
Zaakath
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Ever have one of those days?   Ever have one of those days? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13 2012, 17:16

We've all had days like that; nothing goes right. Thankfully, they're few and far between here, except for a few guys...
Back to top Go down
Agoniser
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Ever have one of those days?   Ever have one of those days? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13 2012, 22:31

Not good news for the husk trap combo which I'd like to try myself! Although our of three hits I rolled 3"2 5's and a 6 to wound. Lucky roll I guess
Back to top Go down
Murkglow
Kabalite Warrior
Murkglow

PostSubject: Re: Ever have one of those days?   Ever have one of those days? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13 2012, 22:35

Agoniser wrote:
Not good news for the husk trap combo which I'd like to try myself!

It helps if you have some method of boosting your strength. Combat Drugs, Furious Charge, and so on can help fix Huskblade's low strength issue, as can having a venom blade to use (say vs MCs) until you get that first Soul-Trap activation.
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Ever have one of those days?   Ever have one of those days? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13 2012, 23:21

I had a shocking dice day a couple of weeks ago. Probably my own fault for using my DE dice when playing with marines, they worked fine last week when i used my DE again.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
thejamppa
Hellion
thejamppa

PostSubject: Re: Ever have one of those days?   Ever have one of those days? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16 2012, 17:08

Yeah I get those way too often too...lost once my Landraider with single lascannon snap shot and 3 out of 5 terminators!! I mean how man ycan throw 3 1's out of 5 dfices? Oh, well. So far I haven't had terrible failures as DE yet but the t3 vs bolter with paper armour does hurt.

Back to top Go down
Lord Valestrane
Slave
Lord Valestrane

PostSubject: Re: Ever have one of those days?   Ever have one of those days? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17 2012, 13:36

Run my archon with Venom blade and Husktrap. Always comes in handy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ever have one of those days?   Ever have one of those days? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ever have one of those days?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: